[GSI][13] LineageOS 20 TrebleDroid-based

Search This thread

bentalebnordine

Mar 2, 2013
Finally it booted on my OnePlus nord 100 phone, thank you very much guys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221118-204033_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221118-204033_Settings.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20221118-204010_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221118-204010_Settings.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20221118-204027_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221118-204027_Settings.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 82

bentalebnordine

Mar 2, 2013
Hi guys, I am using this ROM on my OnePlus nord 100 phone, it is working well but weird thing happening, which is I can't play darknet dairies podcast on any platform, this problem occurred on stock ROM too🤔, any idea please.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221121-205226_Pocket Casts.png
    Screenshot_20221121-205226_Pocket Casts.png
    261.4 KB · Views: 50
Tried lineage-20.0-20221111-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bgN-vndklite-secure.img with my Sony Xperia 10 III (latest Firmware).
Everything I tried worked fine so far.
But Android Auto didn't connect with my car with USB.

More things I have noticed:
  • SwiftBackup has problems login in with google account
  • FolderSync can not start
    SwitftBackup and FolderSync devlopers both say there is a problem with GApps on the phone.
  • SKVALEX Call Recorder can not start
  • I needed to install this overlay to get the 5G option
    In LOS-19 this was already integrated
  • There is no option for VoLTE or Wifi-Call
  • The battery usage overview does not show data on the battery consumption of individual apps

ossage

Jan 5, 2017
Thanks for work, I upgraded from AndyYan 12 to lineage-20.0-20221111-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bvS.
Everyting works like charm,
except bluetooth in-call audio !
What can I do with it? Many audio sink devices (eg. headsets) work with audio (eg. music streaming), but only a few works with phone in-call audio. A few, work.
Shall I go "LineageOS "Light""? Any help appreciated.

Ok, solution found: "A2DP offload" and "Alternate audio policy" did it. Not Qualcomm, just Samsung.

Still dont understand, why some buds worked before. This is the HSP vs HPF bt profile?

Last edited:

kingwai92

Oct 18, 2022
Thanks for your hardwork Andy, this rom works really well on my device Y700.

However, what keep me from using gsi rom as daily driver is the color profile, the toggle in the display section is not working and all 3 options utilize wide color gamut, srgb contents are oversaturated...

appreciate if you could teach me how to switch to srgb color profile, tks a lot!!!

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
hey andy just one question. if i do daily drive this would it recieve updates along with lineage os "light"? like dec patch 2022 that may come or new td patches?
I don't see why it wouldnt, most other recent-ish GSIs get updates. But they may or may not need to be manually flashed.

I don't really know, since the latest release (non light version) doesn't boot on my device, it just bootloops back into TWRP. Same results with DSU Side loader. But the phhusson A13 GSIS do boot, despite being based on TD source code.

I don't see why it wouldnt, most other recent-ish GSIs get updates. But they may or may not need to be manually flashed.

I don't really know, since the latest release (non light version) doesn't boot on my device, it just bootloops back into TWRP. Same results with DSU Side loader. But the phhusson A13 GSIS do boot, despite being based on TD source code.
it boots fine for me. and i am daily driving it because of its stability. its amazing. although i might switch to rice droid soon once the dev releases the 8.5 build that boots for me.. anyways thankss.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated all variants with January security patches and in sync with TD 20230104. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

During my CoV downtime, A13 QPR1 happened and TD-based had a lot of changes as well, which accumulated to this month and I had to update more patches than expected (way more than "Light" - lower maintenance is why I made that in the first place). I might've made oopsies along the way, so I don't feel quite confident about this batch, and you should exercise extra caution.

Some users have reported that securize bootloops their device, and the current "integrally securize" approach means they can't boot up even once. This month I've changed it yet again to "securize on-demand", which is similar to how you securize on PHH/TD-based (a toggle in Treble Settings), but reversible and doesn't require SU.
    For new users who are unsure about whether securize might bootloop your device, please turn on USB Debugging and Rooted Debugging below it, and if/when you do hit a bootloop on the next boot, you'll have a rooted ADB shell available to you, from where you can toggle off manually:
    Code:
    adb root
    adb shell setprop persist.sys.phh.securize false
    adb reboot
    For users who are already on a gN build, be sure to toggle it on and reboot right after you update!

Properly fixed exfat for Samsung/Sony, tested on the one Sammy I still own.
    Hello, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you. I have repaired a Huawei P10 from a completely destroyed condition with cheap spare parts. I was a little disappointed at first, because the several system images ran poorly or not at all. At last I had installed Lineage OS 19. This stuttered and there were WLAN aborts. Now I have installed the Lineage OS 20 image and it runs flawlessly. The performance is good and there are no problems. I hope such projects will continue forever to give old devices a second life instead of throwing them away.

EDIT:
    Huawei P10 still WIFI Disconnects after 2 Minutes turning screen off. Checked the logs and found this issue reported 3 years ago:

Working workaround:
    Activate adb debugging as root in dev options and start adb as root on your pc:
    $ abd root
    $ adb shell
    $ echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/wlan0/disable_ipv6

Then WIFI stays connected after you turn the screen off.

EDIT 2:
    The workaround i mentioned is just temporary. It works till you reconnect to the WiFi or reboot. Disabling Ipv6 on your router makes it work but then some services might not work for you which rely on IPv6.

Since its TrebleDroid based i tried to install the TrebleDroid Android 13 GSI. In the TrebleDroid GSI the bug is also present. Its not a specific LineageOS problem.
    @AnonVendetta I got exfat to mount on the one Sammy I own. Haven't got to taking a look at your non-boot log yet, but one thing at a time...
    EDIT: Can you let me know your build number, e.g. T975XXU2DVL1, and ideally CSC/region, e.g. XSA? So that I can dump and inspect its FW if needed without physically having the device.

And to everyone else, I'm back from CoV alright, thanks for your concerns.
    @AnonVendetta I got exfat to mount on the one Sammy I own. Haven't got to taking a look at your non-boot log yet, but one thing at a time...
    EDIT: Can you let me know your build number, e.g. T975XXU2DVL1, and ideally CSC/region, e.g. XSA? So that I can dump and inspect its FW if needed without physically having the device.

And to everyone else, I'm back from CoV alright, thanks for your concerns.
    I'll let you know my firmware build # after I've upgraded it today. Samsung released a 2nd Android 13 firmware this month for both devices. Also, I can't remember if the log I gave you came from my Note 20 Ultra or Tab S7+. Although neither of the devices booted on the Nov11 TD build, so they likely would have produced similar logs.
    any idea about this?

01-06 11:51:09.392 952 1078 W AidlConversion: legacy2aidl_audio_channel_mask_t_AudioChannelLayout: no AudioChannelLayout found for legacy input / voice audio_channel_mask_t value 0x3
    01-06 11:51:09.392 952 1078 E AidlConversion: legacy2aidl_audio_channel_mask_t_bits_AudioChannelLayout_layout: legacy input audio_channel_mask_t 0x3 contains unrecognized bits 0x3
    01-06 11:51:09.393 1238 1558 W AudioManager: updateAudioPortCache: listAudioPorts failed

audio seems to be fine though, but it is being spammed thousands of times (on aosp gsi as well...)
    640px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

MUST-READ BACKGROUND - Android 13 and the two approaches:
    As some of you already know, due to various reasons, @phhusson , who kickstarted the GSI trend and committed to it over the years, is backing out from future development
    - there won't be any AOSP 13+ builds or patches directly from him. He did most of the heavylifting for fixing bugs and implementing features, and selflessly supported more than his AOSP GSIs and more than devices he own. For the situation of GSIs today, we owe him a big thank-you.
    Earlier, inspired by @PeterCxy , I took the "light" approach, which starts over from AOSP's generic gsi_* target and adds the minimum amount of fixes needed for my own devices, intentionally leaving many legacy devices behind. For more details about it, visit its own thread.
    Meanwhile, a number of existing builders incl. myself have formed the TrebleDroid organization, with PHH himself helping us in technical issues. TD will forward-port PHH's final patches (v415) onto Android 13 and attempt to fix new issues. This is still a new and ongoing process, but if done right, will have compatibility and feature-completion on par with past PHH-based GSIs. This thread contains LOS builds based on TrebleDroid's collective work, which supposedly suits legacy devices, Samsung, etc. better than "light".

Disclaimer:
    No flashing instructions will be offered. If you're here in this forum, you should know what you're doing.
    No guarantees that everything would work. This is a GSI, bugs are bound to happen.

MUST-READ - reporting bugs:
    If you want to report a bug, then you MUST try reproducing on an AOSP reference build of around the same date from TrebleDroid, and ONLY proceed to report here when it's specific to this GSI. This filters out bugs common to all TD-based GSIs, which you should still let me know, but it might not be mine to fix. I might silently ignore your report if you skip this.

Download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/
    Scroll down for the naming rules of variants.
    Compressed as .xz archives - extract first.

Stuff on GitHub (builders-only):
    Most things should be self-explanatory. Not the cleanest code, but should help if you need some clues.
    Thanks to:
    • The LineageOS team
    • @phhusson - shaped the treble community, and still takes care of TrebleDroid at a higher level
    • @PeterCxy - coded critical fixes such as sysbta
    • The TrebleDroid builders
    • ...and more
    Donate?
    https://paypal.me/AndyCGYan
    Updated all variants with January security patches and in sync with TD 20230104. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

During my CoV downtime, A13 QPR1 happened and TD-based had a lot of changes as well, which accumulated to this month and I had to update more patches than expected (way more than "Light" - lower maintenance is why I made that in the first place). I might've made oopsies along the way, so I don't feel quite confident about this batch, and you should exercise extra caution.

Some users have reported that securize bootloops their device, and the current "integrally securize" approach means they can't boot up even once. This month I've changed it yet again to "securize on-demand", which is similar to how you securize on PHH/TD-based (a toggle in Treble Settings), but reversible and doesn't require SU.
    For new users who are unsure about whether securize might bootloop your device, please turn on USB Debugging and Rooted Debugging below it, and if/when you do hit a bootloop on the next boot, you'll have a rooted ADB shell available to you, from where you can toggle off manually:
    Code:
    adb root
    adb shell setprop persist.sys.phh.securize false
    adb reboot
    For users who are already on a gN build, be sure to toggle it on and reboot right after you update!

Properly fixed exfat for Samsung/Sony, tested on the one Sammy I still own.
    Are you vaccinated? boosted?
    Does it matter? Is it any of your business? Let's keep discussions like this off XDA. Thanks
    Notes:
    • I now have a rather taxing day job, and can't devote nearly as much time/effort into this as I did as a student, or even a year ago.
    • I now daily-drive "light", so I can't test TD-based builds as extensively as before. For the same reason, I likely won't build/upload any TD-based "personal" build either.
    • While most >=A13 GSIs out there are going to be TD-based, some perform better than others - some devs have their own patches that haven't been merged into TD yet. I myself will stay close to TD's raw patchset as much as possible, without picking patches from others left and right. If you find another GSI working better, don't just complain - try to narrow down which ones, and the intersection of them might be an unmerged patch that, if approved, would be merged into TD and benefit all.
    • GAPPS builds are offered as-is without guarantees. As a Chinese I can't/won't help with GAPPS/SN issues - please help each other out.
    • ADB is intentionally insecure, even on first boot (turned on by default and no authentication needed). GSIs are more fragile compared to device-specific custom ROMs, both on first boot (no-boot issues) and on subsequent boots (after tuning certain Treble settings), and I insist that no-auth ADB is a must-have for debugging and general fail-safe.
    • Signature spoofing (MicroG) is supported, but only for priv-apps. This is a security consideration from PHH.
    • On *S variants, install PHH-SU and you'll get basic root for apps, good for devices that don't play well with Magisk or when you don't need modules.
    • Refer to this post for explanation/workaround of an MediaTek-specific kernel bug that causes no internet.
    i downloaded as a gsi dsu sideload , and works , just wifi cant get internet even if it conects ,is there a work around to solve that? im in poco x3 gt
    Notes:
    • [...]
    • Refer to this post for explanation/workaround of an MediaTek-specific kernel bug that causes no internet.