[GSI][13] LineageOS 20 TrebleDroid-based

Search This thread

atlantix1

Sep 27, 2011
This GSI works really well on my Galay S22 (SM-S901B)! Everything works flawlessly and runs smoothly! Big thanks to the developer! One thing, though: Whenever I try to register my fingerprint, systemui immediately crashes. Maybe the attached log helps to find the cause? Thanks!

Edit: The issue is fixed in latest Treble Droid release: https://github.com/TrebleDroid/plat...mmit/2f67d9f7b996f4143a1fcc7dc1a64819ab3b5429.

Sorry, should have posted bug there. ;)

Attachments

• locat.txt
    33.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Have you tested with any other non-LOS gsis? If so, same issue? What about testing on stock firmware?
No, I'm honestly a bit afraid of damaging my system through the various tests and then not having a working smartphone anymore.
I am unfortunately very dependent on the device and a change to another device is not so easy because a lot runs on it.

But I did some research, and it seems that the bug is somewhere in LineageOS 20:

xavier.miller

Oct 2, 2014
www.xaviermiller.be
Thank you for your help.

Curiously, I tried sending an SMS to a new recipient over the weekend and it worked flawlessly.

With the messages that could not be sent, it can not actually be the receiver, because I could send SMS from the same cell with the same settings and the same SIM card from my other smartphone.

So SMS sending works, but only with certain recipients, while with other devices SMS sending works with all recipients.

I just can not figure it out.
Hi!

I have the same issue sending SMS.

I have found a workaround : if I go to plane mode then back, I can resend the blocked SMS.

HTH

I have found a workaround : if I go to plane mode then back, I can resend the blocked SMS.
I had already tried that without success.
I had also tested sending with disabled mobile data and only WLAN, or only 4G, or only 5G.

Also the tips linked in the link above with a prefix in front of the number, or the workaround to delete the contact and the conversation was not successful.

Resetting the APN settings did not work, nor did using a different messaging app.

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
I had already tried that without success.
I had also tested sending with disabled mobile data and only WLAN, or only 4G, or only 5G.

Also the tips linked in the link above with a prefix in front of the number, or the workaround to delete the contact and the conversation was not successful.

Resetting the APN settings did not work, nor did using a different messaging app.
Now that you've found a report from someone other than yourself, at least now you know it's probably a bug in LOS.

My suggestion would be to go back to stock, or try on another gsi that doesn't use LOS source code. Or you can stay on LOS and "deal with it" until a bugfix can be found. Even though you may not want to try other things to test further, it's not like you really have a lot of other good options. And besides, trying multiple approaches is the best way to solve problems. In all my years of dealing with various issues on a day to day basis, I've found that's really the only way to get solutions. Think outside the box, as the saying goes. A willingness to try different approaches is all part of the process.

Reactions: psychofaktory

insestito

Jul 29, 2009
Xiaomi 12T Pro
This GSI works really well on my Galay S22 (SM-S901B)! Everything works flawlessly and runs smoothly! Big thanks to the developer! One thing, though: Whenever I try to register my fingerprint, systemui immediately crashes. Maybe the attached log helps to find the cause? Thanks!
Hi mate, do you finded any bug or somethhing on the S22 exynos?
How is the battery screen on time?
Thanks

atlantix1

Sep 27, 2011
Hi mate, do you finded any bug or somethhing on the S22 exynos?
How is the battery screen on time?
Thanks
Hi, so here are my impressions/advices:

* As far as battery life is concerned I am still in testing phase. But it seems already much better to me, standby drain is much better. But I cannot provide reliable statistics right now.

* I have rooted my device as I need some magisk fixes. So be sure to download a version of this rom which is not pre-rooted. I have patched the firmware file within magisk app and then transferred in the AP slot via odin before patching the recovery and finally flash the system image via fastboot. No problem here.

* Google wallet works with system spoofing enabled in Treble settings app and after flashing the latest safety net fix mod from displax im magisk. However, after flashing the module in magisk you have to clear data from google play services and goole play store. Device is certified here.

* There is a bug with audio recording within camera apps. I have found a magisk module to fix that in a telegram disussion group (s22-gsi-fixes.zip) tohether with some other small fixes. I do not know if I am allowed to post the link to the group here, but you will find the link to the group in the xda thread: https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-5-10-142-aosp-oneui-loki-kernel-exynos2200-s22-plus-ultra.4468599/. You have to flash the module and enable "use alternative audio policy" in treble app. Unfortunately, the fix did not work for me. But I found the solution by make a small change in the file "audio_policy_configuration_base.xml" within the module by myself. I can provide further information on that if needed.

However, there are and will be some issues:

* As you probably expect, VoLTE and WoWIFI won't work. Samsung's fault. There is nothing to do about that.

* The camera quality is worse than samsung's stock. But no big problem as I use this gcam go from shamim: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-shamim/f/dl16/. Works really decently, all three lenses, night mode and front facing camera. Not quite as good as the original google camera app and no 60 fps video recording, but hey - the image quality is really fine to me.

* The fingerprint reader does not work as for now on my device. But this issue was fixed with the latest release of TrebleDroid: https://github.com/TrebleDroid/treble_experimentations/releases. I hope for an update for this GSI as TrebleDroid ist too barebones (no Gapps, no spoofing of system status etc.). Until then I use xposed and the face unlock mod you find here on xda. Works fast an reliably.

Everything else seems to work fine, e.g. automatic brightness (a littlebit wanky), hotspot etc. But I have not tested everything as for now. And probably I have forgotten many things here... ;)

I won't go back to OneUI...

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

insestito

Jul 29, 2009
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Hi, so here are my impressions/advices:

* As far as battery life is concerned I am still in testing phase. But it seems already much better to me, standby drain is much better. But I cannot provide reliable statistics right now.

* I have rooted my device as I need some magisk fixes. So be sure to download a version of this rom which is not pre-rooted. I have patched the firmware file within magisk app and then transferred in the AP slot via odin before patching the recovery and finally flash the system image via fastboot. No problem here.

* Google wallet works with system spoofing enabled in Treble settings app and after flashing the latest safety net fix mod from displax im magisk. However, after flashing the module in magisk you have to clear data from google play services and goole play store. Device is certified here.

* There is a bug with audio recording within camera apps. I have found a magisk module to fix that in a telegram disussion group (s22-gsi-fixes.zip) tohether with some other small fixes. I do not know if I am allowed to post the link to the group here, but you will find the link to the group in the xda thread: https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-5-10-142-aosp-oneui-loki-kernel-exynos2200-s22-plus-ultra.4468599/. You have to flash the module and enable "use alternative audio policy" in treble app. Unfortunately, the fix did not work for me. But I found the solution by editing a file called audio_policy_configuration_base.xml within the module by myself. I can provide further information on that if needed.

However, there are and will be some issues:

* As you probably expect, VoLTE and WoWIFI won't work. Samsung's fault. There is nothing to do about that.

* The camera quality is worse than samsung's stock. But no big problem as I use this gcam go from shamim: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-shamim/f/dl16/. Works really decently, even all three lenses, night mode and front facing camera. Not quite as good as the original google camera app and no 60 fps video recording, but hey - the image quality is really fine to me.

* The fingerprint reader does not work as for now on my device Samsung S22. But this issue was fixed with the last release of TrebleDroid: https://github.com/TrebleDroid/treble_experimentations/releases. I hope for an update for this GSI as TrebleDroid ist too barebones for me (no Gapps, no spoofing of system status etc.). Until then I use xposed and the face unlock mod you find here on xda. Works fast an reliably.

Everything else seems to work fine, e.g. automatic brightness (a littlebit wanky), hotspot etc. But I have not tested everything as for now. And probably I have forgotten some things here... ;)

I won't go back to OneUI...

Hope that helps!
I totally agree, in the end I installed Project Elixir, and it works perfect.
Install this camera (bottom of the web) :https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Samsung-Galaxy-S22-(Exynos)
The camera for me... I think it's better than Samsung's
The bbattery is very better than ONE UI, i make about 1-1,5h more screen on time easy, and on IDLE is awesome compared with ONE UI.

Fingerprint not work and face unlock not work also.

What boot.img do you modified with magisk? i can't find it inside the Elixir rom img ...

Reactions: atlantix1

atlantix1

Sep 27, 2011
I totally agree, in the end I installed Project Elixir, and it works perfect.
Install this camera (bottom of the web) :https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Samsung-Galaxy-S22-(Exynos)
The camera for me... I think it's better than Samsung's
The bbattery is very better than ONE UI, i make about 1-1,5h more screen on time easy, and on IDLE is awesome compared with ONE UI.

Fingerprint not work and face unlock not work also.

What boot.img do you modified with magisk? i can't find it inside the Elixir rom img ...
Regarding the linked camera: is the front facing camera working?

Because Elixir is also a GSI there is only the system image inside the compressed file you download. What I did to patch the samsung stock boot image and get root was simply to install magisk manager on the phone, extract the AP file from a recent Samsung firmware (you can e.g. download via samfirm reborn or use any of the common firmware sites) on your PC, transfer it to the phone, patch the file via magisk manager, copy it to your PC again, and then flash the patched AP file in the AP slot via ODIN. Then you have a magisk patched kernel plus patched vbmeta. From there you can flash any GSI system image via fastboot and always have root.

Reactions: insestito

noahhhh

Feb 9, 2017
Sony Xperia 1
Google Pixel 4 XL
Display settings. Display size & font size. Adjust to suite your preferences. Try different launchers.
nope, it does not work. Such as settings still won't get a split-views like this.
Screenshot_20221109-122731_Settings.png

ildar_prophet

Apr 20, 2011
johan-notes.blogspot.com

m0byn

Feb 13, 2023
Hello all,
I am new to the custom ROM scene - so please be gentle. However, thanks to @AndyYan I was able to install Lineage OS 20 "light" on my Samsung Galaxy A50 and until now I am amazed by how smooth everything works! Thank you so much!
I do have one question, however, since I did not find any information about that. Does the built in encryption feature of Lineage OS 20 (note, not the "light"!) work on the Samsung Galaxy A50? Now, with the "light" version when clicking on "ecnrypt smartphone", then nothing happens. If it works with the TD-based version I would switch over!
I would be really thankful for any information on that!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated all variants with April security patches. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]
    640px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

MUST-READ BACKGROUND - Android 13 and the two approaches:
    As some of you already know, due to various reasons, @phhusson , who kickstarted the GSI trend and committed to it over the years, is backing out from future development
    - there won't be any AOSP 13+ builds or patches directly from him. He did most of the heavylifting for fixing bugs and implementing features, and selflessly supported more than his AOSP GSIs and more than devices he own. For the situation of GSIs today, we owe him a big thank-you.
    Earlier, inspired by @PeterCxy , I took the "light" approach, which starts over from AOSP's generic gsi_* target and adds the minimum amount of fixes needed for my own devices, intentionally leaving many legacy devices behind. For more details about it, visit its own thread.
    Meanwhile, a number of existing builders incl. myself have formed the TrebleDroid organization, with PHH himself helping us in technical issues. TD will forward-port PHH's final patches (v415) onto Android 13 and attempt to fix new issues. This is still a new and ongoing process, but if done right, will have compatibility and feature-completion on par with past PHH-based GSIs. This thread contains LOS builds based on TrebleDroid's collective work, which supposedly suits legacy devices, Samsung, etc. better than "light".

Disclaimer:
    No flashing instructions will be offered. If you're here in this forum, you should know what you're doing.
    No guarantees that everything would work. This is a GSI, bugs are bound to happen.

MUST-READ - reporting bugs:
    If you want to report a bug, then you MUST try reproducing on an AOSP reference build of around the same date from TrebleDroid, and ONLY proceed to report here when it's specific to this GSI. This filters out bugs common to all TD-based GSIs, which you should still let me know, but it might not be mine to fix. I might silently ignore your report if you skip this.

Download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/
    Scroll down for the naming rules of variants.
    Compressed as .xz archives - extract first.

Stuff on GitHub (builders-only):
    Most things should be self-explanatory. Not the cleanest code, but should help if you need some clues.
    Thanks to:
    • The LineageOS team
    • @phhusson - shaped the treble community, and still takes care of TrebleDroid at a higher level
    • @PeterCxy - coded critical fixes such as sysbta
    • The TrebleDroid builders
    • ...and more
    Donate?
    https://paypal.me/AndyCGYan
    Notes:
    • I now have a rather taxing day job, and can't devote nearly as much time/effort into this as I did as a student, or even a year ago.
    • I now daily-drive "light", so I can't test TD-based builds as extensively as before. For the same reason, I likely won't build/upload any TD-based "personal" build either.
    • While most >=A13 GSIs out there are going to be TD-based, some perform better than others - some devs have their own patches that haven't been merged into TD yet. I myself will stay close to TD's raw patchset as much as possible, without picking patches from others left and right. If you find another GSI working better, don't just complain - try to narrow down which ones, and the intersection of them might be an unmerged patch that, if approved, would be merged into TD and benefit all.
    • GAPPS builds are offered as-is without guarantees. As a Chinese I can't/won't help with GAPPS/SN issues - please help each other out.
    • ADB is intentionally insecure, even on first boot (turned on by default and no authentication needed). GSIs are more fragile compared to device-specific custom ROMs, both on first boot (no-boot issues) and on subsequent boots (after tuning certain Treble settings), and I insist that no-auth ADB is a must-have for debugging and general fail-safe.
    • Signature spoofing (MicroG) is supported, but only for priv-apps. This is a security consideration from PHH.
    • On *S variants, install PHH-SU and you'll get basic root for apps, good for devices that don't play well with Magisk or when you don't need modules.
    • Refer to this post for explanation/workaround of an MediaTek-specific kernel bug that causes no internet.
    Updated all variants with January security patches. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

We don't have a holiday season around Christmas / new year here; quite the opposite, the end of a year usually means the toughest work and the most urgent deadlines. The more I work overtime and code, the less I want to even read any code for ROMs at home - the scale almost tipped over by the end of December.
    The bright side is I finally got to catch a breather to adjust my patches some more, but I still don't have enough time yet to migrate my daily device to A14 (to better test it). Moreover, even by now, LOS21 still has lots of unmerged stuff, and needs a carefully maintained picklist to get going.
    I'll still try to make a thread-worthy release within this month, but with what I can devote to ROMs nowadays, don't expect a daily driver out of it.
    Updated all variants with April security patches and in sync with TD 20230417. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

All modern Xiaomi/Redmi devices should be able to see high refresh rates now (if supported), without having to spoof properties globally.
    Updated all variants with July security patches. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

I just realized that I haven't included PHH-SU app in *S (while I did over at Light) - this has been corrected.

@Jonny - although I still very much doubt that the uname change is related to the alarm, adding it back is trivial, so now it's back.