[GSI][13] LineageOS 20 TrebleDroid-based

Search This thread
This is a great way.

IF you are certain you only erased the vendor partition, you can also find the latest stock vendor image file and flash it using TWRP. There is a website for downloading the stock firmware but I can't remember its name.

smart assistant is the best to get back to a working device. I've used it several times.

Reactions: CRCinAU
Yeah i am getting the same thing, and my audio randomly starts routing from my bluetooth headphones to the phone speaker but yet it still says my headphones are connected. the sound just starts playing through the phone speakers.

Does your device have a Unisoc processor?

If so, this issue has been fixed with the latest PHH build. Just waiting for the next LOS 20 build to be released with the fix integrated

vassiliszacharis

Account currently disabled
Oct 6, 2020
GB
meettomy.site
This is a great way.

IF you are certain you only erased the vendor partition, you can also find the latest stock vendor image file and flash it using TWRP. There is a website for downloading the stock firmware but I can't remember its name.

smart assistant is the best to get back to a working device. I've used it several times.
I am trying to install stock ROM by using smart assistant. I am in third step, connecting the device by pressing volume up no response at all .. any idea? Edit: I purchased a brand new cable problem solved. For anyone experimenting with custom ROMs please make sure you are using quality cable

Last edited:

vassiliszacharis

Oct 6, 2020
GB
meettomy.site
No, no, no. You don't wipe any partitions. You need the Lenovo firmware vendor partition to be there. I don't even wipe the data partition, and have had no problem. Treble firmware only works if every partition, except for system, is stock. I suggest you restore all of the Lenovo firmware via TWRP and reboot to make certain it still works. Then you can reboot to TWRP and follow my suggested steps.

Magisk is not required, but I use it.
I installed again stock ROM then twrp, I didn't make any wipe just install at system image 😞 but I got error 😭 again regarding custom ROM

Last edited:

vassiliszacharis

Oct 6, 2020
GB
meettomy.site
See the image 😞edit problem solved changed the SD card use a trusted one! Edit 2. I am stack at leneage logo for a half an hour at a first boot... SNAFU (Situation Normal All Fu$_&#d Up)

Attachments

• 16863913360958368073778760562423.jpg
    16863913360958368073778760562423.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:

vassiliszacharis

Oct 6, 2020
GB
meettomy.site
I am stuck at first boot leneage logo for more than an hour, not normal. I would be very grateful if someone please explain the steps I need to follow in order to flash effectively that particular custom ROM please 🙏🥺

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
if you're going to test, maybe you might want to do so on a Samsung, as well as non-Samsung device.
Hey, it took me long to get to this backlog, but still no good news for you - the logs don't really ring any bells to me, and I was unable to replicate it on Samsung (Galaxy Quantum2) or not (OnePlus 11). I'll put this aside until another example pops up, sorry about that.

Reactions: vassiliszacharis

vassiliszacharis

Oct 6, 2020
GB
meettomy.site
Last edited:
Cheers mate. Well what I actually did and worked was:
1) wipe: cache, dalvik, data, system, internal storage
2) format data
3) install leneage from SD card
4) reboot
And it worked like charm 🧿
Glad it worked. After lineage stabilizes a day or so, you might try restoring your older data from TWRP (backup your current data first). This method has worked a couple of times for me.

Reactions: vassiliszacharis

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Hey, it took me long to get to this backlog, but still no good news for you - the logs don't really ring any bells to me, and I was unable to replicate it on Samsung (Galaxy Quantum2) or not (OnePlus 11). I'll put this aside until another example pops up, sorry about that.
If not a bug fix, then how about a workaround that let's the ROM boot without factory reset? Even if the logs don't indicate the cause, you could surely see that it was stuck in the booting process.

Or maybe I should submit this bug to phh.

I can give you another example, the behavior is exactly the same on 2 of my devices. I only submitted the logs for one because I use it more often, and encountered it there first. I guarantee you, I'm the first one to submit a report on this, the chances of it being independently reported by someone else are slim to none.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyYan

mouseracer

May 30, 2023
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Hi @AndyYan.
Here's the logfile for the constant crashing for my phone (OnePlus Nord N10).
I've checked it and have seen some components crashing.
For systemUI, it's saying that "reason: crashed quickly".

Attachments

• OnePlusNordN10Logcat.zip
    1 MB · Views: 13

Tropaion

Jan 4, 2021
Hello,
I'm new to GSIs and installed the light version (bgN) on my Tablet (Lenovo TB-J716F). Everything works nice but I get the warning "this device is not play protect certified", so I tried installing the TD-Version which works fine except for how the folder is displayed? I also can't set a folder name.

1686587313053.png

Does someone know how to solve this?

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Hello,
I'm new to GSIs and installed the light version (bgN) on my Tablet (Lenovo TB-J716F). Everything works nice but I get the warning "this device is not play protect certified", so I tried installing the TD-Version which works fine except for how the folder is displayed? I also can't set a folder name.

View attachment 5931209

Does someone know how to solve this?
Use a different launcher. Lineage inbuilt launcher is trash, Trebuchet or whatever it's called. But I think this LOS uses a modified AOSP QuickStep launcher, instead of Trebuchet. No difference, QuickStep is just as bad. I personally use Nova, no issues with folders there. Installing Nova is one of the 1st things I do after a clean boot of any new gsi.

Use a different launcher. Lineage inbuilt launcher is trash, Trebuchet or whatever it's called. But I think this LOS uses a modified AOSP QuickStep launcher, instead of Trebuchet. No difference, QuickStep is just as bad. I personally use Nova, no issues with folders there. Installing Nova is one of the 1st things I do after a clean boot of any new gsi.

Agreed on the Nova suggestion, been using it for 5+ years and haven't looked back

dronkit

Jan 14, 2013
Thanks @AndyYan ! With a lot of pain I was able to make your 20.0 treble-based GSI with GAPPS work on a samsung galaxy tab a7, and install TWRP on top of it.

LineageOS has this option on "lock screen" by wich the screen cativates itself to show when a notification arrives. I found it gets disabled when I enable power saving mode though.

Is there any way, maybe with adb, to be able to keep that functionality with power saving mode on? The stock UI (AFAIK or at least my a32's stock) has a more customizable power saving mode that allows to customize what the power saving mode does, and you can keep Always On Display working.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated all variants with April security patches. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]
    640px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

MUST-READ BACKGROUND - Android 13 and the two approaches:
    As some of you already know, due to various reasons, @phhusson , who kickstarted the GSI trend and committed to it over the years, is backing out from future development
    - there won't be any AOSP 13+ builds or patches directly from him. He did most of the heavylifting for fixing bugs and implementing features, and selflessly supported more than his AOSP GSIs and more than devices he own. For the situation of GSIs today, we owe him a big thank-you.
    Earlier, inspired by @PeterCxy , I took the "light" approach, which starts over from AOSP's generic gsi_* target and adds the minimum amount of fixes needed for my own devices, intentionally leaving many legacy devices behind. For more details about it, visit its own thread.
    Meanwhile, a number of existing builders incl. myself have formed the TrebleDroid organization, with PHH himself helping us in technical issues. TD will forward-port PHH's final patches (v415) onto Android 13 and attempt to fix new issues. This is still a new and ongoing process, but if done right, will have compatibility and feature-completion on par with past PHH-based GSIs. This thread contains LOS builds based on TrebleDroid's collective work, which supposedly suits legacy devices, Samsung, etc. better than "light".

Disclaimer:
    No flashing instructions will be offered. If you're here in this forum, you should know what you're doing.
    No guarantees that everything would work. This is a GSI, bugs are bound to happen.

MUST-READ - reporting bugs:
    If you want to report a bug, then you MUST try reproducing on an AOSP reference build of around the same date from TrebleDroid, and ONLY proceed to report here when it's specific to this GSI. This filters out bugs common to all TD-based GSIs, which you should still let me know, but it might not be mine to fix. I might silently ignore your report if you skip this.

Download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/
    Scroll down for the naming rules of variants.
    Compressed as .xz archives - extract first.

Stuff on GitHub (builders-only):
    Most things should be self-explanatory. Not the cleanest code, but should help if you need some clues.
    Thanks to:
    • The LineageOS team
    • @phhusson - shaped the treble community, and still takes care of TrebleDroid at a higher level
    • @PeterCxy - coded critical fixes such as sysbta
    • The TrebleDroid builders
    • ...and more
    Donate?
    https://paypal.me/AndyCGYan
    Notes:
    • I now have a rather taxing day job, and can't devote nearly as much time/effort into this as I did as a student, or even a year ago.
    • I now daily-drive "light", so I can't test TD-based builds as extensively as before. For the same reason, I likely won't build/upload any TD-based "personal" build either.
    • While most >=A13 GSIs out there are going to be TD-based, some perform better than others - some devs have their own patches that haven't been merged into TD yet. I myself will stay close to TD's raw patchset as much as possible, without picking patches from others left and right. If you find another GSI working better, don't just complain - try to narrow down which ones, and the intersection of them might be an unmerged patch that, if approved, would be merged into TD and benefit all.
    • GAPPS builds are offered as-is without guarantees. As a Chinese I can't/won't help with GAPPS/SN issues - please help each other out.
    • ADB is intentionally insecure, even on first boot (turned on by default and no authentication needed). GSIs are more fragile compared to device-specific custom ROMs, both on first boot (no-boot issues) and on subsequent boots (after tuning certain Treble settings), and I insist that no-auth ADB is a must-have for debugging and general fail-safe.
    • Signature spoofing (MicroG) is supported, but only for priv-apps. This is a security consideration from PHH.
    • On *S variants, install PHH-SU and you'll get basic root for apps, good for devices that don't play well with Magisk or when you don't need modules.
    • Refer to this post for explanation/workaround of an MediaTek-specific kernel bug that causes no internet.
    Updated all variants with January security patches. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

We don't have a holiday season around Christmas / new year here; quite the opposite, the end of a year usually means the toughest work and the most urgent deadlines. The more I work overtime and code, the less I want to even read any code for ROMs at home - the scale almost tipped over by the end of December.
    The bright side is I finally got to catch a breather to adjust my patches some more, but I still don't have enough time yet to migrate my daily device to A14 (to better test it). Moreover, even by now, LOS21 still has lots of unmerged stuff, and needs a carefully maintained picklist to get going.
    I'll still try to make a thread-worthy release within this month, but with what I can devote to ROMs nowadays, don't expect a daily driver out of it.
    Updated all variants with April security patches and in sync with TD 20230417. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

All modern Xiaomi/Redmi devices should be able to see high refresh rates now (if supported), without having to spoof properties globally.
    Updated all variants with July security patches. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

I just realized that I haven't included PHH-SU app in *S (while I did over at Light) - this has been corrected.

@Jonny - although I still very much doubt that the uname change is related to the alarm, adding it back is trivial, so now it's back.