• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GSI][8.1.0][OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix O v.6.2.1 [12/21][ARM/ARM64]

Search This thread

MSTRoyal

Jul 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
Is there a link to the last build anywhere? the official link brings you to the archived resurrection download page... noe section for gsi there that i could find

Nevermind I'm and idiot... found them.

Seems like I'm an idiot too, i can't find the right file also....

Can you give me instructions on how to find it, please?

Is it possible that last build for s8 from 190406 ?

Last edited:

D4ND310

Seems like I'm an idiot too, i can't find the right file also....

Can you give me instructions on how to find it, please?

Is it possible that last build for s8 from 190406 ?

If you scroll to the very bottom of the archived page, you'll find "... for newer versions, click >here<"

There you can navigate to the following link to what appears to be the most recent official GSI: https://get.resurrectionremix.com/?dir=gsi

D4ND310

Thx, got there.
I'm just not sure which one to take from that list

Hi. Google your device model spec', or use a Project Treble checker app, you can find these on the Play Store, or similar site.

You can also try entering this command into a Root Terminal. To get a Root Terminal, first type(without quotes in all cases):

"$"

Grant your Terminal SU rights if prompted. Then enter:

"getprop ro.treble.enabled"

This will return either "True", or "False" to your Terminal window.
A "True" response here signifies that you can flash a GSI. "False", you can't.

From a quick Google search I just done, I think your Terminal, whether S8/S8+, will probably return a "False" response, meaning you will need to locate a ROM specific to your device. I've never owned a S8/+, so I'm not familiar with their particular designated model Code names. You'll find that in "Settings>System>About Phone", usually with Samsung it's a word ending "xxxLTE", or similar.

Good luck!

MSTRoyal

Jul 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
Hi. Google your device model spec', or use a Project Treble checker app, you can find these on the Play Store, or similar site.

You can also try entering this command into a Root Terminal. To get a Root Terminal, first type(without quotes in all cases):

"$"

Grant your Terminal SU rights if prompted. Then enter:

"getprop ro.treble.enabled"

This will return either "True", or "False" to your Terminal window.
A "True" response here signifies that you can flash a GSI. "False", you can't.

From a quick Google search I just done, I think your Terminal, whether S8/S8+, will probably return a "False" response, meaning you will need to locate a ROM specific to your device. I've never owned a S8/+, so I'm not familiar with their particular designated model Code names. You'll find that in "Settings>System>About Phone", usually with Samsung it's a word ending "xxxLTE", or similar.

Good luck!

Thx for your reply, but i think u got me wrong.

I know what device i have and its specific code name, also s8 (dreamlte) is not officially supported but thx to an awesome dev we have working treble now.

I'm not sure about the RR files and which one to take as the newest

DasWolfen1

Jan 19, 2016
Thx for your reply, but i think u got me wrong.

I know what device i have and its specific code name, also s8 (dreamlte) is not officially supported but thx to an awesome dev we have working treble now.

I'm not sure about the RR files and which one to take as the newest
So, can anybody help me out?
I have a moto e5 play (8920 James). I've unlocked the bootloader, rooted with magisk, but I can't get any of the custom roms to flash proper. I get the initial blue moto screen, then just black flashing. I've tried multiple wipe scenerios all to the same result. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

flash713

So, can anybody help me out?
I have a moto e5 play (8920 James). I've unlocked the bootloader, rooted with magisk, but I can't get any of the custom roms to flash proper. I get the initial blue moto screen, then just black flashing. I've tried multiple wipe scenerios all to the same result. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

This may sound dumb but make sure you are decompressing the gsi. I use RAR app , works great and it's fast and easy to use.

If you have done that possibly an encryption issue? How are you installing it? Like exactly what are you doing on install, what all do you flash and what order? More details you can give , the better help you can get.....

DasWolfen1

Jan 19, 2016
This may sound dumb but make sure you are decompressing the gsi. I use RAR app , works great and it's fast and easy to use.

If you have done that possibly an encryption issue? How are you installing it? Like exactly what are you doing on install, what all do you flash and what order? More details you can give , the better help you can get.....
So, it's not a compressed file. It's a system image file. I've read op's that said factory wipe, some say format data some say include system wipe in the advanced wipe along with dalvik, data, and cache. All I've tried with the same result.

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford
What is date of last update? Is this still being developed or updated? Im looking for a download and Im not sure what is newest "ARM64 A Only" rom. And if I download the gapps SU version, does anyone know which sized gapps is used?

kgoerbig

Jun 13, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi Note
Redmi Note 9
3G/LTE not locking

I just tried installing RR on my Umidigi One Max. LTE or 3G do not lock. I tried disable/enable in settings and #*4636#*#* and it will not lock. With Havok 2.9 all locks fine. Has anyone else had this issue?

lalovzg

Nov 27, 2014
Nuevo Léon
If I have Android Oreo running stock (EMUI 8 with just unlocked bootloader, everything else is stock)... can I directly 'fastboot flash' Pie GSIs?
Or is it always a requirement to previously flash an Oreo GSI and then update?
And if the latter is the case... should I search for the Oreo version of the Pie GSI I'm trying to get? Or am I safe flashing any Oreo GSI and then the Pie GSI I want (latest ResurrectionRemix Pie, in this case)?

Matty1993

May 7, 2018
If I have Android Oreo running stock (EMUI 8 with just unlocked bootloader, everything else is stock)... can I directly 'fastboot flash' Pie GSIs?
Or is it always a requirement to previously flash an Oreo GSI and then update?
And if the latter is the case... should I search for the Oreo version of the Pie GSI I'm trying to get? Or am I safe flashing any Oreo GSI and then the Pie GSI I want (latest ResurrectionRemix Pie, in this case)?

You should be safe to just fastboot flash system after erasing it straight from oreo if you get stuck on bootloop reflash your /vendor some devices also need stock recovery after flash to encrypt or device will always reboot back to twrp (if installed) prior to sending the sparse image

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Resurrection Remix O for ARM64/ARM Devices
    24yv2wj.png

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]

About ResurrectionRemix
    Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on CM , SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
    combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to, the CM team, Omni team , SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

All the source code for Resurrection Remix is available in the RR GitHub repo.
    Official Resurrection Remix ROM changelog: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix/android_vendor_resurrection/blob/oreo/CHANGELOG.mkdn

We've made the official RR GSI group! Come join in for feedback on GSI, to discuss it, and to help each other out.

https://t.me/rrgsi

Downloads Links
    Resurrection Remix ARM64 Aonly Devices:
    Official: https://downloads.resurrectionremix.com/arm64aonly/
    Please don't pay attention to the 'Download Latest Version' button on the top.
    You only have to look at the contents of the folder!

Downloads Links
    Resurrection Remix ARM64 A/B Devices:
    Official: https://downloads.resurrectionremix.com/arm64ab/

Downloads Links
    Resurrection Remix ARM A Only Devices:
    Official: https://downloads.resurrectionremix.com/armaonly/

Flashing and updating
    Resurrection Remix clean install:
    • Download the latest build of Resurrection Remix ROM
    • Full wipe and factory reset (recommended / backup to make sure not to loose data)
    • Flash the Resurrection Remix ROM GSI from the Recovery
    • Reboot
    Resurrection Remix update/upgrade:
    • Download the latest build of Resurrection Remix ROM
    • Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    • Flash the latest Resurrection Remix ROM GSI from the Recovery
    • Reboot

About the builds:

Issues and reports
    • If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    • Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    • Share a log of the error with CatLog for example
    Also thanks to:
    • Phhuson for all the efforts in project treble
    • The LineageOS Team
    • The CyanogenMod Team
    • Everyone involved in working and testing

Donate Me: paypal.me/mracar07
    07/08:
    Rom side changes:
    July Security Patch(r36)
    Translations Updated
    Status bar tints fixed
    Local IPv4 adresses randomized
    Some leaks fixes
    QS tiles crashes fixes
    Data/wifi usage limitation

Phh side changes:
    Mix2S auto brightness fixed
    MTK device fixes
    Night mode fixes
    Dual-Band wifi fixes

07/23:
    Rom side changes:
    Translations updated
    Wake detection fixes
    Traffic icon fix
    Some leak issiue fixes
    Null object crash fixes
    VPN status dialog fixed
    SQLiteconnection leak fixes
    Roaming icon centered
    Useless logs silenced
    VibratorService fixes
    Memory leak fixes
    Call recording added(maybe not included?)
    A/B devices addonsu fixes

Phh side changes:
    Nothing

08/13:
    Phh side changes:
    - Fixes tethering on some Qualcomm devices
    - Enable Ambient Display for everyone
    - Fixes MTP
    - Fixes fingerprint on Moto devices
    - Change Huawei quick charge based on device
    - Fixes camera on Moto devices
    - Fix notches height for some devices

Rom side changes:
    August security patch
    Translation updates
    Mem leak fixes
    Latest Los base
    ARM64 A-A/B Devices Updated. ARM32 A Only building.
    08/18 updated
    New builds uploaded