[GSI][ANDROID 12 STABLE] Android 12 and any GSI larger than 2.6GB

Search This thread

vatva69

Sep 5, 2016
Hanoi
No Bluetooth, no NFC, no Volte and no audio in callls are known issues with Android 13 beta GSIs.

A fix for Volte is posted in this thread, it requires root tho.
yeah we need wait phhtreble to patch this bugs, this bug is not releated to android 12, i tried android 9 gsi pure from aosp and there is also no audio in calls too, but in phhtreble everything is fine

vatva69

Sep 5, 2016
Hanoi
pixel 2 xl doesn't have vndk support so it requirement correct vendor version to boot google gsi, any device lauch with android 9 or later is very easy to boot google gsi android 12 with no bugs, maybe in future we need to rework our vendor with vndk support.

sharanoth

Jul 23, 2021

MridulDR

Jun 17, 2020
Google Pixel 2 XL
the solution is very simple to fix no audio in call, it is flash this patch: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HvwSLudIiDqvIvd23Hxi5A4onaplM1Cd/view?usp=sharing, but real problem is our device cann't mount /vendor r/w, so this patch not work, so we have to wait phhtreble
Even if audio in calls works, you won't be able to make calls as VOLTE just doesn't work. I've literally tried everything and @Dollscythe is correct I was able to mount my vendor as r/w and modify it using DotOS as baseos.

73sydney

Account currently disabled
any update? Android 12 is official now. Very Curious.

Its only official for devices that officially have support for it - hint: the Pixel 2/2XL are not officially supported.....

For other devices, its going to take time for custom ROM's to come out thanks to ROM builders

Patience....

Asking for ETA's or posting with unrealistic expectations will not speed things up

Reactions: RandomPRSN

cimbajunior

Jan 12, 2015
Zagreb
Xiaomi Mi A3
Redmi Note 10

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211023-101750.png
    Screenshot_20211023-101750.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 64

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you need help, feel free to post logs here. For more discussions about Android 12/GSIs join the telegram group!!

*REQUIRED FOR GSI* Follow the guide I made here to increase your system partition.
    Download Android 12 Stable (Pixel 4a) GSI here: Direct link.
    You don't need Gapps, they are preloaded.

Make sure to use Android 11 as base before flashing the GSI.

After that, you can install any GSI/flash any size Gapps without issue.

1. Reboot into fastboot mode.
    2. Wipe your data partition: fastboot format:ext4 userdata
    3. Clean cache and factory reset: fastboot -w
    4. flash the GSI: fastboot flash system_a path/to/system.img
    5. flash the GSI in other slot: fastboot flash system_b path/to/system.img
    6. Test boot.
    If it doesn't boot, download vbmeta for your device and flash in fastboot mode.
    1. fastboot flash vbmeta --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
    2. fastboot -w
    Bugs:
    • No sound in call.
    Some fixes:
    • Install GMS with adb install -r -d path/to/gms.apk to login to Google (not necessary anymore)
    • After flashing system image, don't reboot into system, immediately boot into TWRP and flash this file! This is necessary to disable encryption, so TWRP can boot successfully.

1627349705135.png
    1627352232766.png
    Screenshot_20210727-043809.png
    Screenshot_20210727-043817.png
    Screenshot_20210727-043846.png
    Screenshot_20210727-043852.png
    Screenshot_20210727-043714.png
    Screenshot_20210727-043323.png

download
    As you guys may know, protonAOSP dropped support for Taimen/Walleye.

Fret not. protonAOSP 12 is coming. Here it is running nicely on my pixel 2XL. Currently still in beta (calls are working though, so it's pretty much ready).

Taimen is not dead

EDIT: Build is up
    Update! With GMS, overlay, and fingerprint sensor fixes. We are getting closer!

And the users that had unbootable slot error, it should be fixed too if you flash vbmeta. Make sure to follow the fixes section too.

EDIT: RIL is fine, SMS is fine, we can even accept and take calls. But there's no sound! Any devs can chime in and help?
    Thank you for taking the time to help and wrap my head around the subject , much appreciated!

Is this the same way a custom recovery increases the system partition?
    There are no custom recoveries that can do that.

However. I'm working on a tool that will automate that process. There's a closed beta in the telegram channel and it will see a beta release on xda soon.
    Hey @Dollscythe ,

Any update/comment on Pixel Experience Alpha Builds?

I understand that these are "Alpha" builds, however, if you've tried it... please share a comment
    Those builds have pretty much everything working. Make sure to get the latest one.

i'm also building protonAOSP 12. https://xdaforums.com/t/android-12-rom-09-nov-2021-protonaosp-12-0-0.4358955/