[GSI][AOSP][10.0] Phh-Treble System-Quack-Arm64-A/B REDMI NOTE 9

Search This thread

Andres Videla

Sep 12, 2016
How to flash Quack Phh-Treble arm64-a/b GSI on the Redmi Note 9 (MERLIN)

All the development credits for this GSI go to @phhusson. For more information head over to his thread.
And @nielsync for the guide on Redmi 9(This method worked on my redmi note 9)

Bugs:
Auto brightness
Headphone jack
Can't test VoLTE so likely not working

What is working:
Everything else

I’m not a developer so you should report bugs at phhusson's treble experimentations issues tracker on GitHub.

WARNING:
I am not responsible for any damage to your smartphone.
All your data will be deleted during the process so a backup is essential

Requirements:
1) Unlocked bootloader here
2) Latest Android platform tools here
3) MIUI stock recovery (maintain it to be able to boot fastbootd)
4) Xiaomi fastbootd drivers here
5) I flashed Phh-Treble AOSP 10.0 v222 system-quack-arm64-ab-gapps here (download the file system-quack-arm64-ab-gapps, unzip it, and rename it as system.img)
6) vbmeta.img here

Steps:
1) Reboot your phone in fastboot mode (reboot and hold volume -)
Run the commands below within the platform-tools folder(copy vbmeta.img and system.img to platform tools folder)
2) fastboot reboot fastboot (to boot into fastbootd mode)
3) fastboot flash system system.img
4) fastboot erase userdata
5) fastboot erase cache
6) fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
7) fastboot reboot

Notes:
Phh-Treble has root by default which is a plus. Due to the Redmi 9's partition structure the system is effectively read only.

The following video shows the procedure on the Redmi 9, is the same on Redmi Note 9 (video in spanish sorry)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200922-111256.jpg
    Screenshot_20200922-111256.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 2,137
  • Screenshot_20200922-110848.jpg
    Screenshot_20200922-110848.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 2,149
  • Screenshot_20200922-110958.jpg
    Screenshot_20200922-110958.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 2,129
Last edited:

Communos

Oct 28, 2019
Paris
Xiaomi Redmi 5
Google Pixel 3 XL
What is your telegram user? I'd like to talk about the credits stuff, because I developed the guide for merlin and posted it in group. This is just an edited copy, reported.
Also, you messed up the commands.

+ the video posted below is of Lancelot and not even merlin.

Last edited:

Andres Videla

Sep 12, 2016
What is your telegram user? I'd like to talk about the credits stuff, because I developed the guide for merlin and posted it in group. This is just an edited copy, reported.
Also, you messed up the commands.

+ the video posted below is of Lancelot and not even merlin.

Hello bro, @nielsync make this guide for Redmi 9 lancelot (serch in Redmi 9 forum).
I just tried the same on my Redmi Note 9 and it worked. I have the redmi 9 and the redmi note 9, so I was able to test the method.
About the YouTube video, I am the owner of the channel, and in the channel is the same method (very similar) for the redmi note 9s and redmi 9.
So these types of procedures are not new to me.
And about the commands, none are missing.
I'm sorry I did the guide before you.
Have a great day.

nielsync

Hello bro, @nielsync make this guide for Redmi 9 lancelot (serch in Redmi 9 forum).
I just tried the same on my Redmi Note 9 and it worked. I have the redmi 9 and the redmi note 9, so I was able to test the method.
About the YouTube video, I am the owner of the channel, and in the channel is the same method (very similar) for the redmi note 9s and redmi 9.
So these types of procedures are not new to me.
And about the commands, none are missing.
I'm sorry I did the guide before you.
Have a great day.

I'm happy you guys found my guide helpful and this is simply a copy paste of it. Me and the guys over at the Redmi 9 forums tried many times until we booted and so I came up with those steps. They can be used to flash a GSI on basically any device with logical partitions including A/B devices with two slots by flashing the system on both. A thanks does me no harm :)

Last edited:

Andres Videla

Sep 12, 2016
I'm happy you guys found my guide helpful and this is simply a copy paste of it. Me and the guys over at the Redmi 9 forums tried many times until we booted and so I came up with those steps. They can be used to flash a GSI on basically any device with logical partitions including A/B devices with two slots by flashing the system on both. A thanks does me no harm :)
Thanks bro, You mame is in the first post. Thanks again.

Halloul

Aug 23, 2020
With Auto brightness u mean u can't adjust brightness its locked on some certain level or its locked on auto brightness?

jamelbd97

Sep 14, 2020
I didnt flash the rom on my device yet but i just want to know if thise bugs are fixable or no
If someone flashed it and wanna try, according to @pvdeejay just download any terminal app on your phone and run the following:
i tried it, the fix for headphones i s an app (lesser audioswitch) and it works on redmi note 9

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

I didnt flash the rom on my device yet but i just want to know if thise bugs are fixable or no
If someone flashed it and wanna try, according to @pvdeejay just download any terminal app on your phone and run the following:
oh i just tried the code and now it works perfectly

belphegor75

Dec 31, 2011
Fail - remote this partiton doesn't exist

good morning to all,

I am writing to you because I have a problem that I cannot solve.
I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 ( miui V11.0.7.0.QJOEUOR ) not S not pro just note 9

- my bootloader is unlocked

- I followed to the letter everything that was indicated

- latest android platform tools

- I haven't touched the recovery

- I have installed the xiaomy fastbootd drivers by following the procedure described above.

- I do very exactly the fastboot procedure

invariably and whatever the rom gsi (quack or havoc ) in ARM64 A/B I always have the same mistake:

write system (etc)
FAIL
REMOTE THIS PARTITION DOESN'T EXIST

if anyone can help me I don't understand :(

thank you in advance

:confused:

ma259

Feb 21, 2014
good morning to all,

I am writing to you because I have a problem that I cannot solve.
I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 ( miui V11.0.7.0.QJOEUOR ) not S not pro just note 9

- my bootloader is unlocked

- I followed to the letter everything that was indicated

- latest android platform tools

- I haven't touched the recovery

- I have installed the xiaomy fastbootd drivers by following the procedure described above.

- I do very exactly the fastboot procedure

invariably and whatever the rom gsi (quack or havoc ) in ARM64 A/B I always have the same mistake:

write system (etc)
FAIL
REMOTE THIS PARTITION DOESN'T EXIST

if anyone can help me I don't understand :(

thank you in advance

:confused:

Are you sure you are in fastbootd mode??
Driver installation give no error in windows 10?

Great that there is at least GSI for this phone.
Is there a default camera app? Or which are you using and what about the quality?

It comes with default android Camera app (the one in any AOSP-based rom) its stable, but quality is avarage (not good, not bad).
I also tested GCam (version published in this same forum by another user) which is relatively stable and has better quality but its slower.