Mar 3, 2012
0_xXfO04nJkRitzXe6.jpg

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

What is Ubuntu Touch?
Ubuntu Touch is the touch-friendly mobile version of Ubuntu.
This operating system is developed and maintained by UBports: An international community of passionate volunteers.
This means Ubuntu Touch is 100% community driven and independent.

What is Halium?
Halium is the collaborative project to unify the Hardware Abstraction Layer for projects which run GNU/Linux on mobile devices with pre-installed Android.

How it is a GSI?
First of all, I should mention ubports GSI definition is different from android, but both are generic.
ubports root file system was always generic and works for most cases, but devs were porting halium system image to add device-specific (HALs and configs) support to ubports Android container.
But after project treble which introduced in android 8, all device-specific parts of android system image moved to vendor partition and we can use "Generic system images" over one vendor partition.
In halium version 9, we use this adventure and have a totally generic system image + root file system.

Requirements:
The only Requirement of booting this GSI is having Halium patched kernel.
Keep in mind having android 9 firmware installed on the device as GSI base is mandatory (GSI can be used on android 8.0 and 8.1 vendors but experimental and not supported yet)

How to install?
For installation guide and kernel patchings details check ubports wiki page: Click Here

Download link:​

https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/halium/GSI/

required device files:
https://github.com/ubuntu-touch-clover/Droidian4Clover/releases/tag/first

halium-boot.img
lineage-16.0-20190910-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

thanks for HandsomeYingyan

Tutorial

Enter twrp recovery https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomimipad4.html

Clear the boot system vendor userdata partition and ensure that the format of the last three partitions is ext4.

flash lineage-16.0-20190910-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

Flash Halium Kernel V1

Flash into the hbports_GSI_installer_v10.zip and halium-ramdisk.zip

(optional) tools

Flash the halium-boot.img to the boot partition. (TWRP)

reboot system and enjoy

special thanks for @erfanoabdi GSI Ubuntu touch

I'm not a developer, I'm just sharing a tutorial.... help the dev responsible for the halium kernel for improvements and operation thanks

photo1635098545.jpeg

Last edited:

Hero2457

Jan 2, 2017
Power button doesn't work to lock/unlock the screen; the tablet also fails to add external storage. Does anyone know how to fix these issues?

baud-runner

Nov 28, 2017
Power button doesn't work to lock/unlock the screen; the tablet also fails to add external storage. Does anyone know how to fix these issues?
I had the same problem. I installed the droidian(other distro) image from the same github-repo. It is not perfekt, but it works for me. I like the real linux feeling and after installing qtwayland5, my linux-tools are working.
Cam dont work and settings have loading issues.
It is not based on the newes debian and some repos does not work.

Reactions: Hero2457

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0_xXfO04nJkRitzXe6.jpg

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What is Ubuntu Touch?
    Ubuntu Touch is the touch-friendly mobile version of Ubuntu.
    This operating system is developed and maintained by UBports: An international community of passionate volunteers.
    This means Ubuntu Touch is 100% community driven and independent.

What is Halium?
    Halium is the collaborative project to unify the Hardware Abstraction Layer for projects which run GNU/Linux on mobile devices with pre-installed Android.

How it is a GSI?
    First of all, I should mention ubports GSI definition is different from android, but both are generic.
    ubports root file system was always generic and works for most cases, but devs were porting halium system image to add device-specific (HALs and configs) support to ubports Android container.
    But after project treble which introduced in android 8, all device-specific parts of android system image moved to vendor partition and we can use "Generic system images" over one vendor partition.
    In halium version 9, we use this adventure and have a totally generic system image + root file system.

Requirements:
    The only Requirement of booting this GSI is having Halium patched kernel.
    Keep in mind having android 9 firmware installed on the device as GSI base is mandatory (GSI can be used on android 8.0 and 8.1 vendors but experimental and not supported yet)

How to install?
    For installation guide and kernel patchings details check ubports wiki page: Click Here

Download link:​

https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/halium/GSI/

required device files:
    https://github.com/ubuntu-touch-clover/Droidian4Clover/releases/tag/first

halium-boot.img
    lineage-16.0-20190910-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

thanks for HandsomeYingyan

Tutorial

Enter twrp recovery https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomimipad4.html

Clear the boot system vendor userdata partition and ensure that the format of the last three partitions is ext4.

flash lineage-16.0-20190910-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

Flash Halium Kernel V1

Flash into the hbports_GSI_installer_v10.zip and halium-ramdisk.zip

(optional) tools

Flash the halium-boot.img to the boot partition. (TWRP)

reboot system and enjoy

special thanks for @erfanoabdi GSI Ubuntu touch

I'm not a developer, I'm just sharing a tutorial.... help the dev responsible for the halium kernel for improvements and operation thanks

photo1635098545.jpeg
    I had the same problem. I installed the droidian(other distro) image from the same github-repo. It is not perfekt, but it works for me. I like the real linux feeling and after installing qtwayland5, my linux-tools are working.
    Cam dont work and settings have loading issues.
    It is not based on the newes debian and some repos does not work.