Themes / Apps / Mods [GSI] Brightness Fix & Other Fixes

Search This thread

brian00009

Mar 29, 2022
Brightness black lockscreen fixed & Brightness Slider fix.
GSI Misc Settings
✅Use Linear Brightness Scale
✅Force Alternatice Backlight Scale
✅Allow Settings to the lowest

Flash this file on magisk and reboot :)

Note: There's a better fix recently posted by malfunchan, >> here.

Credits:
Phhusson
malfunchan

Attachments

• Brightness Fix & Overlay.zip
    33.1 KB · Views: 2,298
Last edited:
Reactions: sucius

sucius

Feb 23, 2013
Thanks very much! I followed your link on the bug report I created and looks like the module works great. The only issue now seems to be that notifications are still too dim. Any way around that? Thanks again.

Last edited:

brian00009

Mar 29, 2022
Thanks very much! I followed your link on the bug report I created and looks like the module works great. The only issue now seems to be that the notifications are still too dim. Any way around that? Thanks again.
thank you for the feedback! What rom do u use? what notifications? notification panel? It looks fine to me..

sucius

Feb 23, 2013
I'm using PE 12 by ponces, as recommended in the forum.
what notifications? notification panel?
Sorry, I should've been clearer. I was referring to Always On Display. When a new notification comes in, it's barely visible. I've tried turning adaptive brightness on and off and manually maxing the brightness, but that seems to do nothing. I've also tried with Force allow AOD in phh settings.

brian00009

Mar 29, 2022
I'm using PE 12 by ponces, as recommended in the forum.

Sorry, I should've been clearer. I was referring to Always On Display. When a new notification comes in, it's barely visible. I've tried turning adaptive brightness on and off and manually maxing the brightness, but that seems to do nothing. I've also tried with Force allow AOD in phh settings.
im not using aod.. maybe our device doesn't support it at all. (no aod feature on stock miui)

brian00009

Mar 29, 2022
i tried it, it's also fine 😅. Notification is also displaying well before it turns into icons.
Idk maybe in the rom (I'm using dotOS)
received_579968620003953.jpeg

sucius

Feb 23, 2013
I've seen it's based on android 11. That might be the reason

Last edited:
It does, but the battery life gets much worse also
Well, that's because it's just a while loop running in the background.
It was a temporary fix for this issue to find the cause of it.

Here's another, cleaner way to fix brightness done by modifying the lights service. I've not tested it thoroughly and it's still a temporary fix, but here you go.

Works for all roms regardless of Android version, theoretically.

Attachments

• Camellia Brightness fix.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 396

sucius

Feb 23, 2013

Here's another, cleaner way to fix brightness done by modifying the lights service. I've not tested it thoroughly and it's still a temporary fix, but here you go.

Thank you! It seems to work so far with Android 12 GSI. Now the only problem is ambient display, which is too dim. That may be related to not having an overlay, I'm not sure, though.

Thank you! It seems to work so far with Android 12 GSI. Now the only problem is ambient display, which is too dim. That may be related to not having an overlay, I'm not sure, though.
Ambient display works fine for me.
For the brightness fix I made, I'm currently testing a better one that doesn't need force linear slider or any brightness slider tweaks. The one I sent has some bugs that can't be solved so I'm testing another approach to fix it entirely. Will make a post in the next few days if I don't find any issues.

brian00009

Mar 29, 2022

Thank you bro, solid!!!!
Btw, do you have an idea how to fix offline charging? It is also present on any gsi 😅

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello brother, I want to ask you about you also facing the screen doesn't wake for notifications right. Even I enabled in settings>display>lock screen. Right? Please answer my question brother
    But it still wakes up when you press the power button, right? It has to do with the brightness values of the modified HAL. I've been testing this one and it's been good so far. Try it and tell me how it goes.
    Once you flash this file, go ahead and disable linear brightness slider and alternative brightness scale in phh settings. Of you still have problems with brightness, use this command using either termux or adb:
    Code:
    su -c setprop persist.sys.qcom-brightness -1

add adb shell at the start of the line if you're using adb (root needed for both ways)
    Or, try playing with brightness settings in phh settings until it's fixed.
    It does, but the battery life gets much worse also

Brightness black lockscreen fixed & Brightness Slider fix.
    GSI Misc Settings
    ✅Use Linear Brightness Scale
    ✅Force Alternatice Backlight Scale
    ✅Allow Settings to the lowest

Flash this file on magisk and reboot :)

Note: There's a better fix recently posted by malfunchan, >> here.

Credits:
    Phhusson
    malfunchan
    does this really fix brightness and when is low brightness you dont get lock screen black screen????
    Yes
    If you make some fixes for GSI Roms please send them to PHH or AndyYan
    I've already discussed this over on PHH's GitHub (that's how this topic started), and like I said in my previous comments, this is a temporary patch. Once we figure out a way to do this in the GSI's framework itself, there will be no need for this.