• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

General GSI CUSTOM ROMS FOR XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9T (CANNONG)

Search This thread

dsclee1

Oct 16, 2015
Fixed the Bluetooth Audio by copying over the audio policy XML files from the stock rom.

Magisk module attached.

Still have an issue with wired headphones, but it could be a hardware fault (my phone was in for repair, and not sure they internally connected it).

EDIT: Sorry, ignore the Magisk module. What actually fixed my issue was changing a couple of settings in: PHH Treble Settings > Misc features
I switched "Bluetooth workarounds" to Mediatek, "Force Disable A2DP Offload" to on, and rebooted.

Attachments

• Note9Taudio.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

chmick

Jul 9, 2017
Redmi Note 9t
Does Bluetooth Audio work on any GSI?

I've installed PHH's AOSP GSI. The headphones connect fine, but audio continues to come out of the phone rather than the headphones.

EDIT:
Does any external audio work on any GSI? I plugged in headphones, and they don't work either.

EDIT 2:
Bluetooth Calls work, just not audio. I seem to be unable to adjust call volume though.
Interesttin. Trying to install AOSP 11 from here : https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases/tag/v309

I got into trouble. It sasy my device isn't play protect certified

Can you tell me which version of AOSP (a link to it) and if you did any particular action ?

dsclee1

Oct 16, 2015

chmick

Jul 9, 2017
Redmi Note 9t
Hey there bud, sorry I missed your post.
1. Download a GSI rom arm64 ab
2. Uncompress it using 7z as long as the image XZ
3. Rename your uncompress image system.
4. Assuming you already have Orange Fox installed. BOOT TO RECOVERY and format data-----YES.
5. Ince in OrangeFox go to reboot and hit FASTBOOT(this particular fastboot from orange fox is basically like being FASTBOOT'D).
6. In your computer open CMD and type fastboot devices, just to make sure your phone is being recognized.
7. Type FASTBOOT FLASH SYSTEM SYSTEM.IMG(the system.img is the image you uncompressed if you renamed it of course).
8. Let it finish and reboot, if it doesn't boot try another GSI, as some of them I couldn't get them to boot.
Try it, to me anything is better than stock.
Good luck bud.
thanks for you time:
I integrated your reply to my doc ;https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rand-new-redmi-note-9-t-for-the-noob.4296447/

Could you have a look and comment ??

chmick

Jul 9, 2017
Redmi Note 9t
4. Assuming you already have Orange Fox installed. BOOT TO RECOVERY and format data-----YES.
5. Ince in OrangeFox go to reboot and hit FASTBOOT(this particular fastboot from orange fox is basically like being FASTBOOT'D).
6. In your computer open CMD and type fastboot devices, just to make sure your phone is being recognized.
7. Type FASTBOOT FLASH SYSTEM SYSTEM.IMG(the system.img is the image you uncompressed if you renamed it of course).
8. Let it finish and reboot, if it doesn't boot try another GSI, as some of them I couldn't get them to boot.
Good luck bud.
thanks for the reply.
I integrated your reply to the post :

would you mind to read and comment

Reactions: dsclee1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @sax61 unfortunately you can't write over the "Super" partition. The Super partition contains Vendor, System, and Product combined, so what's happened is you've wiped out the Vendor and Product partitions and replaced them with just a System partition.

You won't be able to use OrangeFox for this as you need stock recovery to boot to fastbootd to flash the System partition, and I don't think the current version of OrangeFox can do it?

What you need to do is:
    1. Reflash the stock Recovery and Super partition (there's some other posts on the forum on where to download it).
    2. Boot to fastboot using Vol - and Power. Send the fastboot command: fastboot reboot fastboot. Which will reboot into fastbootd.
    3. From fastbootd you can now do fastboot flash system your_gsi.img
    4. You can reflash OrangeFox now if you like.
    I just want to share my experience with GSI ROMS (Generic System Image), this is for the people like me that is not familiar with this images.
    First of all, CANNONG uses ARM64 A/B IMAGES, if you try to install any other you're going to end up in a bootloop, search how to install GSI images while we wait for developers to start with this specific cell phone. Here are some screenshots, it's stable and rooted.
    Screenshot_20210519-081712544~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210519-081753649.jpg
    Screenshot_20210519-081830935.jpg
    Screenshot_20210519-081712544~2.jpg
    Hey there bud. Here:
    Thank you for your kindness
    StatiXOS are already making custom roms for this device: https://github.com/StatiXOS/android_device_xiaomi_cannon
    Hi, I'm asking you for help installing a GSI ROM.
    I unlocked the phone, installed OrangeFox from where I installed the ROM image (the .img file) on the "super" partition. After reboot the phone is without OS. Someone would be able to show me the procedure to follow. Thank you.
    Good luck bud.