• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

GSI/DSU Flashing

Search This thread
How is the proper way of installing GSI images? I have tried TWRP method and Fastboot method, neither of them works. Is it even possible on this device?

Fastboot method gets error @ "fastboot erase system" (remote: Check device console)
BL Unlocked ofc and adb/fastboot is up to date as well drivers
TWRP - i lose all my partitions for some reason and have to MSM back to working state

GSI i tried https://developer.android.com/about/versions/12/gsi-release-notes#downloads
This is my first fully treble supported device and i actually do not know how A and B partitions behave while doing gsi/rom flashing. Perhaps someone can explain it?

Last edited:

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T
How is the proper way of installing GSI images? I have tried TWRP method and Fastboot method, neither of them works. Is it even possible on this device?

Fastboot method gets error @ "fastboot erase system" (remote: Check device console)
TWRP - i lose all my partitions for some reason and have to MSM back to working state

GSI i tried https://developer.android.com/about/versions/12/gsi-release-notes#downloads
This is my first fully treble supported device and i actually do not know how A and B partitions behave while doing gsi/rom flashing. Perhaps someone can explain it?
The 8T is not only an A/B device, it is also a virtual A/B device. I'd be very surprised if you could get a"normal" A/B GSI to boot on an 8T.

Reactions: ArletPDR
There is this Dynamic System Updates feature, i have used it earlier to test android 12 GSI
But now I'd ike to delete wherever those GSI's stored, so that i possibly can test other GSI there is
Screenshot_20210731-090917.jpg

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
I did that in hopes that it clears this dsu dialog up from those that is there now, but no, they are still there and i can use them if i want. it's like they are stored somewhere? 🤔 (i have no other GSI type file stored on my local storage btw)
Do you mean that the installation of the dsu is so fast that it is impossible to download a 3gb GSI in such a short time?

It was empty before i started dsu installation, also i have no dsu install file on internal storage download folder, that proves the fact that is takes dsu file or filename from internet, because when i rebooted i was greeted with OOS, the same i have primarily installed, with only 4gb on internal storage, and i made screenshots there, but they're gone now.. obviously

Last edited:
Reactions: LR7875

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The 8T is not only an A/B device, it is also a virtual A/B device. I'd be very surprised if you could get a"normal" A/B GSI to boot on an 8T.
    It was empty before i started dsu installation, also i have no dsu install file on internal storage download folder, that proves the fact that is takes dsu file or filename from internet, because when i rebooted i was greeted with OOS, the same i have primarily installed, with only 4gb on internal storage, and i made screenshots there, but they're gone now.. obviously