Gsi for the galaxy A105M/DS

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 9029009

@ShaDisNX255 According to what i have studied in Samsung phones. Their bootanimation format is .qmg unlike .png in other mobiles. This maybe a reason to bootloop too as gsi's are made for all supported devices and changes in the stock bootanimation may cause a bootloop too! I actually need a help. I have the Samsung Galaxy A10 (A105F/DS) which is rooted using magisk and flashed twrp v.3.3.1 and i wanna gsi roms such as lineage os 16 and 17 , aosp , viper os etc., But , am afraid that my phone will get stuck in bootloop as this is my only device in my hand right now. Can i use this : Delete the following file with TWRP file manager: system/bin/rw_system.sh
Then reboot
Can you please guide me ?
Waiting for your reply ?

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
@ShaDisNX255 According to what i have studied in Samsung phones. Their bootanimation format is .qmg unlike .png in other mobiles. This maybe a reason to bootloop too as gsi's are made for all supported devices and changes in the stock bootanimation may cause a bootloop too! I actually need a help. I have the Samsung Galaxy A10 (A105F/DS) which is rooted using magisk and flashed twrp v.3.3.1 and i wanna gsi roms such as lineage os 16 and 17 , aosp , viper os etc., But , am afraid that my phone will get stuck in bootloop as this is my only device in my hand right now. Can i use this : Delete the following file with TWRP file manager: system/bin/rw_system.sh
Then reboot
Can you please guide me ?
Waiting for your reply ?

If you are afraid of a bootloop, why not just do a full backup of your current stock ROM and if it fails, just restore
It's that easy, it doesn't matter if it doesn't boot, you can safely just return to stock

parthibratan

Oct 22, 2018
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hi parthibratan can you tell me how you successfully flashed twrp on your device?!!

Yes of course
Download the twrp from here https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=306584

The U1 version of twrp didn't work for me so I used the U2 version

What I did was
1.Firstly download the firmware for my device
2.Extracted it and also extracted the boot.img.lz4 from the AP****.tar using 7zip and copied both AP*****.tar and boot.img.lz4 to my phone
3.Patched AP*****.tar using magisk manager and then patched boot.img.lz4
4.Copied both magisk_patched.tar and magisk_patched.img to my pc from my phones Download folder
5.Extracted only the vbmeta.img from the magisk_patched.tar and renamed the magisk_patched.img to recovery.img
6.Made a tar file of vbmeta.img and recovery.img using 7zip, named it patch then flashed it using odin's ap tab
7.Restarted the phone into stock recovery and factory data resetted and restarted the phone again fully booted up the phone once
8.Then renamed the downloaded twrp-a10-3.3.1-0_afaneh92_U2.img to recovery.img and created a tar of it using 7zip and named it twrp
9.Flashed the twrp.tar using odin's AP tab and voila I got twrp running on my a10

Hope this helps

parthibratan

Oct 22, 2018
Redmi Note 10 Pro
If you are afraid of a bootloop, why not just do a full backup of your current stock ROM and if it fails, just restore
It's that easy, it doesn't matter if it doesn't boot, you can safely just return to stock

Hey it seems like I have a new problem
Turns out flashing the latest multidisabler.zip makes the phone stuck at bootanimation again
But if I don't flash multidisabler I can't copy anything into the phones Android folder it always fails

Albert pallam

Jul 21, 2019
Motorola Edge 20 Lite
Yes of course
Download the twrp from here https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=306584

The U1 version of twrp didn't work for me so I used the U2 version

What I did was
1.Firstly download the firmware for my device
2.Extracted it and also extracted the boot.img.lz4 from the AP****.tar using 7zip and copied both AP*****.tar and boot.img.lz4 to my phone
3.Patched AP*****.tar using magisk manager and then patched boot.img.lz4
4.Copied both magisk_patched.tar and magisk_patched.img to my pc from my phones Download folder
5.Extracted only the vbmeta.img from the magisk_patched.tar and renamed the magisk_patched.img to recovery.img
6.Made a tar file of vbmeta.img and recovery.img using 7zip, named it patch then flashed it using odin's ap tab
7.Restarted the phone into stock recovery and factory data resetted and restarted the phone again fully booted up the phone once
8.Then renamed the downloaded twrp-a10-3.3.1-0_afaneh92_U2.img to recovery.img and created a tar of it using 7zip and named it twrp
9.Flashed the twrp.tar using odin's AP tab and voila I got twrp running on my a10

Hope this helps

Thank you for your help!!
I have flashed lineage os 17 (android 10).
It is smooth, but no volte is working for me. As a result I can't call or install whatsapp. So I decided to go back to stock ROM!.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Thank you for your help!!
I have flashed lineage os 17 (android 10).
It is smooth, but no volte is working for me. As a result I can't call or install whatsapp. So I decided to go back to stock ROM!.

VoLTE will not work on any GSI, it's a Samsung only thing for now

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

Hey it seems like I have a new problem
Turns out flashing the latest multidisabler.zip makes the phone stuck at bootanimation again
But if I don't flash multidisabler I can't copy anything into the phones Android folder it always fails

I don't know what multidisabler is or what it does

Cupcake 1.5

Dec 6, 2016
London
How do we flash gsi on the A10? I tried to flash the linage img in twrp and it says no os installed, I assume twrp for A10 does not support flashing gsi Roms?

Top Liked Posts