Gsi P - Q - R manual fixes for hi6250 devices (emui8)

Search This thread

hardcorehenry

Dec 2, 2020
Recently flashed Havoc 3.12 on my p8/p9 lite 2017. Abandoned hope for fixing NFC but what I need is working bluetooth. Constant disconnecting completely after 5 minutes of playing or switching to only one earbud. I had also problem with it on other custom roms, no problems on stock rom. Could someone post a fix or links where to dig so I could fix it myself. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, bluetooth problem solved.

Last edited:

gauch0

Apr 2, 2019
Getting some trouble to get gsis to work on emui 8. I cant wipe data/factory reset in stock recovery(fails at approx 5%)(only when recovery says data partition corrupted then it actually format it, on emui 9 after every gsi install data partition was corrupted, so there was no problem to format and get it to work). I tried fastboot and twrp. No big difference. On emui 9 every gsi i tried simply worked without problems Device honor 7x l21 c432 8.0.0.341. Thanks in advance for any advice

Hami_Do

Aug 24, 2013
Getting some trouble to get gsis to work on emui 8. I cant wipe data/factory reset in stock recovery(fails at approx 5%)(only when recovery says data partition corrupted then it actually format it, on emui 9 after every gsi install data partition was corrupted, so there was no problem to format and get it to work). I tried fastboot and twrp. No big difference. On emui 9 every gsi i tried simply worked without problems Device honor 7x l21 c432 8.0.0.341. Thanks in advance for any advice
I think emui 9 has better compatibility with GSIs with minimal bugs from what I've read in 4pda (H9L , PSmart & P20lite sections).

gauch0

Apr 2, 2019
I think emui 9 has better compatibility with GSIs with minimal bugs from what I've read in 4pda (H9L , PSmart & P20lite sections).
I 100% agree with that(i suppose its bc emui 8 uses older vndk 26 not 28, but i dont really know). Btw. managed to boot bliss 12.12(that was trivial, I feel stupid first time it didnt work) . This was rock solid and super smooth for emui 9. Tomorrow will try to flash fixes, bc screen looks like 720p. Thanks for Your hard work. :)

Reactions: Hami_Do

isaleembt

Jun 29, 2015
Caos R gsi (patched with aio v2.3)
SF:
XDA thread:
Telegram gsi group :
aio patch v2.3 :
Telegraam channel @hi6250releases
Sir can we flash android 11 gsi on P10 lite 8.0 vendor ?

Hami_Do

Aug 24, 2013
Hey I'd really like to use this rom https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-treble-microg-lineageos-16-0-for-huawei-p9.4078383/ on my PRA-LX1, but how can I fix the empty battery stats and lack of display options like color correction, autobrightness, night light...? Not many patches for P here.
Why move to gsi optimized for P9 ( different chipset ) instead of P8 Lite DSSI rom which has everything you reported already fixed !

Sir can we flash android 11 gsi on P10 lite 8.0 vendor ?
Of course with help of AIO patch , it's almost stable (icon of signal still buggy but signal itself is good):
-Wipe system data & cache
-Flash system IMG
-Resize system
-Flash Aio

Here latest revised Aio patch for a11 (v2.4.1)

Last edited:

isaleembt

Jun 29, 2015
Why move to gsi optimized for P9 ( different chipset ) instead of P8 Lite DSSI rom which has everything you reported already fixed !

Of course with help of AIO patch , it's almost stable (icon of signal still buggy but signal itself is good):
-Wipe system data & cache
-Flash system IMG
-Resize system
-Flash Aio

Here latest revised Aio patch for a11 (v2.4.1)
i tried earlier but failed to boot android 11 gsi now I'll try with AIO btw thanks ❤️

Frax3r

May 18, 2016
Anyone managed to magisk root 10/11? For me, every try ends in bootloop, no matter what version i use.
I am using p20 lite but I managed to magisk root my phh Q gsi. I first tried expressluke's 20.3 magisk along with magisk manager version 7 something something but when you install this you can't update it cuz it wants you to first update magisk manager and if you update it, it actually wont open anymore. I daily drived that version for a while. Then I tried the MTK fix in this issue. I was doubtful but it worked aswell. If you wonder how you can do it, I opened up a github repo for the custom magisk I got from the issue and linked the .json inside magisk manager. Patched ramdisk from this custom channel allowed me to boot the gsi with magisk 21.0 dev build. After that I changed the custom repo to beta channel and it updated without a hitch in every update. MTK issue says version 21.2 fixed their problem and the dude that shared his custom .json deleted it. (nvmind, he deleted the repo he made for this issue but his .json still stands) If latest official build fails to boot, my own repository still stands with the same fix from 21.1. I could link it if you want but I advise you to be cautious with custom magisk versions. I literally copied the zip and .json then uploaded it on my repo then changed some urls just to be on the safe side. I didn't check the custom one for MTK but I checked expressluke's version to replicate it on the upcoming versions. Sadly magisk got reworked in 21 so it didn't really help but I found out the part expressluke changed to make it gsi compatible. His version had

./magiskboot cpio ramdisk.cpio \
"rm init.zygote32.rc" \
"rm init.zygote64_32.rc"

inside boot_patch.sh. Apk's inside his magisk also have different sizes so he did some patches inside them too but I didn't bothered to check anymore than this.

gauch0

Apr 2, 2019
I am using p20 lite but I managed to magisk root my phh Q gsi. I first tried expressluke's 20.3 magisk along with magisk manager version 7 something something but when you install this you can't update it cuz it wants you to first update magisk manager and if you update it, it actually wont open anymore. I daily drived that version for a while. Then I tried the MTK fix in this issue. I was doubtful but it worked aswell. If you wonder how you can do it, I opened up a github repo for the custom magisk I got from the issue and linked the .json inside magisk manager. Patched ramdisk from this custom channel allowed me to boot the gsi with magisk 21.0 dev build. After that I changed the custom repo to beta channel and it updated without a hitch in every update. MTK issue says version 21.2 fixed their problem and the dude that shared his custom .json deleted it. (nvmind, he deleted the repo he made for this issue but his .json still stands) If latest official build fails to boot, my own repository still stands with the same fix from 21.1. I could link it if you want but I advise you to be cautious with custom magisk versions. I literally copied the zip and .json then uploaded it on my repo then changed some urls just to be on the safe side. I didn't check the custom one for MTK but I checked expressluke's version to replicate it on the upcoming versions. Sadly magisk got reworked in 21 so it didn't really help but I found out the part expressluke changed to make it gsi compatible. His version had

./magiskboot cpio ramdisk.cpio \
"rm init.zygote32.rc" \
"rm init.zygote64_32.rc"

inside boot_patch.sh. Apk's inside his magisk also have different sizes so he did some patches inside them too but I didn't bothered to check anymore than this.
I will try to get 21.2 to work, Thanks, appreciate it👍

speedson

Oct 10, 2016
my own little microcosmos
Hey there. I'm glad there are so many GSI roms out there, however I dont get them installed on my p10 lite. I am running DarkJoker Android 10 and tried using the same procedure to install a GSI rom.
1. I did a factory reset
2. I downloaded the rom (tried phh GSI rom with gapps and without and Caos R gsi
3. I used twrp to install system.img to System ( I also used fastboot flash, but only get a max download size warning)
(4. flashed the DarkJoker patches for Android 11)
5. Reboot --> Bootloop until erecovery. Tried rebooting, but nothing.

If you could give me a hint, what I did wrong, thanks a lot.

Hi man...you just need to have a bit patience...by installing process for the gsi system.img adb needs a bit more time to send the different systems.

good luck

solong
speedson

janl.123

Aug 7, 2011
Hi man...you just need to have a bit patience...by installing process for the gsi system.img adb needs a bit more time to send the different systems.

good luck

solong
speedson
It just reboots. Then goes back to the Huawei reset screen. There I press reboot. How often do you think I should do it?

Hami_Do

Aug 24, 2013
Fluid-rum v1.1 for hi6250 emui8 devices

* Ported from gsi ab vanilla build by [email protected]
* Removed vndk-27-28-29 libraries & shrinked to the minimal aviable size for supporting lower system partition size.
- Fixed:
* Offline Charging.
* Nfc.
* Mtp.
* Media.
* App crashes.
* Bt media play.
* Gps signal.
* Build info not being read by system.
* contact/dialer/message dark mode.
* Dialer recorder enabled.
* Disabled in-built buggy screenrecorer & replaced with OP screenrecorder.
* Workaround on signal icon ( bumped with 1 bar in default status bar icon + 2 bars in Sam style status bar icon : )
* Ported dynamic root (could be enabled/disabled via phh settings) thanks to @eremitein.
* Added Via browser, simple gallery, exact calculator, metro player & footej camera .

#Installation:
- Extract the img with 7zip or any other tool & put it in internal or external storage.
- Go to twrp, wipe system data cache/art/dalvik.
- Flash img in system image partition.
- Optional:
- Unmount then mount again system.
- Resize system.
- Flash gapps (pico gapps in bellow link tested)
- Reboot.

PS: Be sure you're not coming from any ROM/GSI with magisk, otherwise you need to flash stock ramdisk to avoid bootloop, because till now there is no working magisk on R for a-only.

Link:

Thanks to:
- Fluid rum team
@DarkJoker360
@eremitein
@Igor4pda
And of course Phh and gsi team.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210126-130039_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210126-130039_Settings.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_20210126-145247_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210126-145247_Settings.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20210126-194933_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210126-194933_Settings.png
    152 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

hardcorehenry

Dec 2, 2020
Fluid-rum v1.1 for hi6250 emui8 devices

Flashed on p8(9) lite 2017 and this is the best working custom rom on my device I ever tried(sad there’s no Magisk solution so far). Bluetooth works, with HD Audio enabled(Developer options) automatically choses AAC (aptX never worked for me on any custom rom) with HD Audio disabled it automatically choses SBC(also works). The only flaw bluetooth related is shown on attached screenshot.
Many thank for your effort, hope for further development.(y)

EDIT: Pure cosmetics: In clock when stopwatch running digits are shaking(seriously:D) and terminal(from developer options) there’s no possibility to increase font size. Of course I can live without those fixes;). Rom is just awesome(y)

Attachments

• Screen.png
    Screen.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

hardcorehenry

Dec 2, 2020
@Hami_Do I guess disabling SuperUser in System>Misc features isn’t enough in order to try flashing latest Magisk. I know it’s unsupported now, but there seems to be some moves in this direction. I don’t care about safetynet etc I’m going to install Fdroid and alternative App Store. In recap what should I do(with SuperUser) to be able to at least try(successfully/or not) flash Magisk. In case of failure I always can flash back your cool rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally magisk working on a-only R gsis :cowboy:
    After debugging kmsg , bootloop was caused by missing sepolicy from system_ext ..

Installation:
    1- Install magisk apk
    2- Go to twrp & flash MAGISKA11-a-only
    3- Flash Magisk-v22-canary-phh
    4- Reboot and enjoy
    Long live @Hami_Do !!! You really made my day(y)
    @hamedsolo
    Magisk-v22(22001)-Canary-phh from the above post with its apk should work on Q too, ( be careful no need to MAGISKA11-Aonly zip on Q ).
    If anyone has problem with enabling bluetooth aptX codec, here’s working solution. Install as Magisk module, reboot and enjoy.
    I want to share some GSIs manual fixes for hi6250 (emui8) devices as many of them they missed huawei patches or ignored them.

To be honest most credits of the fixes go to our hi6250's active devs Haky , DarkJoker360 , Dil3mm4 & of course Phh.

The fixes made after many comparisons between stock, DSSIs & different GSIs builds & versions.

Gsi Installation:
    1 - Wipe system data cache & dalvik
    2 - Flash system_arm64_aonly.img in system image partition , boot up & look for bugs
    3 - Flash the fix

Fixes could fixe bootloop , sdcards bug ( not detected ) , camera/torch toggle , offline charging , Real battery capacity ( 3000mah ) , GPS and automatic APN detect .

*More posts will be added as updates if any fix successfully tested
    Android 10 gsis All in one Fix v1.7 !

What does this zip contains ?
    Code:
    [CENTER]* NFC fix
    * Offline charging fix
    * Blur graphic composition fix
    * Gps improvements
    * Stock emui fingerprint gestures
    * Selinux boot fixes on recent gsis
    * Build info fixes
    * Laggy overview fixes
    * BT media play fix
    [/CENTER]

DOWNLOAD

NOTE: This fix in designed for Emui 8 based devices running phh-treble 10 gsis.

Thanks to @hamido for the help​
    All in one Q GSI patch for WAS and other hi6250 devices (v206 and earlier builds only) :

* Fixed :

- Camera
    - Media ( sound & video )
    - NFC
    - Battery usage
    - Model, build number, phone Info ..
    - Auto brightness
    - Offline charging (requires permissive kernel)

* Installation :

1 - Flash gsi , boot up to system
    2 - Reboot to twrp & resize system through twrp's advanced wipe menu
    3 - Flash AIO fix
    4 - Boot to system and check if bugs fixed

* The fix only for emui 8.
    * Tested on GSIs based on v204.
    * The fix contains WAS's infos , so if you use it for PRA , RNE or other hi6250 you need to open the patch & edit latests lines in system/product/etc/prop/local.prop according to your stock.
    * Resize system before applying the patch ( in most cases )

# Some screenshots from latest fixed Havoc 3.0 based on v204 .
    New AIO fixes A11 v2.5 update

Changelog
    * Bump to v2.5
    * Fixed ADB
    * Added proper device infos
    * Blur fixes
    * Fixed v2.4 flashing issues
    * Code cleanup
    * Removed OPScreenRec as I merged AOSP screenrecorder fixes into phh-treble gsis

Download
    Donations
    All in one Android 11 gsi fixed v2.2 for GSIs on Huawei Kirin devices !

Download

What does it fix?
    * Offline Charging
    * Nfc
    * Mtp
    * Media
    * App crashes
    * Bt media play
    * Gps signal
    * Build info not being read by system

Installation
    * Resize system
    * Flash the zip
    * Reboot

NOTE: This zip is built for Android 11 gsis running on Huawei kirin devices only !

Credits: Hamido

Now bugs left on Android 11: Screenrecorder.

Ussd/Mute in call fix will be shipped soon !
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone