[GSI][ROM][ CURTANA | JOYEUSE | EXCALIBUR][11.0][AOSP+GAPPS][15/05/21]

Search This thread

MrNIMJE

Apr 12, 2021
Can someone Pls help me I am on Redmi Note 9 Pro curtana and the phone keeps restarting from setup wizard I followed the instructions and also tried several times now but no success

yom_fr

Jul 28, 2020
Am I the only one who has problems with the automatic brightness in this rom? Otherwise it works very well.
Hi, had same problem with auto brightness for a month or two. Bightness was flickering and no transition from low brightness to high brightness. Didn't took time to care about it. I have a joyeuse
I updated today to latest version, problem seem to have disapeared.
Give the latest version a try, hope it'll fix for you too.

ruperxl89

Jul 25, 2014
Ok thanks, i Will try then.
Hi, had same problem with auto brightness for a month or two. Bightness was flickering and no transition from low brightness to high brightness. Didn't took time to care about it. I have a joyeuse

rhyme4u12

Apr 11, 2013
Offa
@sooti I have come to notice an issue after the last march update... i have issues of all custom ROMs bootlooping on redmi logo/bootanimation i flashed except the Experience 15 Project ROM, MIUI and Your GSI... I will appreciate a clarification pls if you have an idea what might have happened and how to fix it. Thank you in advance

godjob

Jan 11, 2011
@sooti I have come to notice an issue after the last march update... i have issues of all custom ROMs bootlooping on redmi logo/bootanimation i flashed except the Experience 15 Project ROM, MIUI and Your GSI... I will appreciate a clarification pls if you have an idea what might have happened and how to fix it. Thank you in advance
I have the same problem with this, pls help @sooti

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
No idea what you mean.... everything is working fine for me.

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
i mean after flashing the gsi and wanting to go back to other custom ROM is giving issue of infinite bootloop, i have another user who is facing same after flashing the gsi.
No idea, I don't touch vendor as i said... and i dont support other roms.. just flash stock and then whatever custom rom you are trying to flash...

Reactions: oF2pks

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
I flashed stock rom using MIFlash, and then followed the instructions stated here but my device is stuck with Widevine Level 3, cannot watch Netflix in HD.
Sounds like you have some issue on your device... did you make sure you have widevine L1 on stock? try rebooting on my rom and check using a drm check app

k2828

Aug 2, 2010
Today I flashed the latest version. First ever cfw Install on this phone. I have the same issue with auto brightness.

Also is it possible to switch places of recently and back button on the navbar?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone else have the problem that the phone does not connect to a know wifi when you just arrived until you turn on the screen?

@sooti
    I see that there's a new firmware for Joyeuse:

Firmware V12.0.3.0.QJZMIXM Stable Release for Redmi Note 9 Pro Global (joyeuse)​

Has anyone successfully flashed the 78mb firmware file via Fastboot? If so, would they have the kind patience to explain the steps? I'm on pure stock without a custom recovery. Tia!
    I don't think you can flash firmware via fastboot. You can flash lineages os recovery then flash firmware from lineage recovery! 🙂
    I get this issue,
    Joyeuse, vendor MIUIGlobal V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM Android 11
    View attachment 5329415
    Try using android 10 vendor for now

Edit: fixed the black notch issue on 11 vendor, will be included in the June release (everything else works fine on curtana 11 vendor)

Code:
    Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.
    800px-Android_11.svg.png

What is this?
    An AOSP based ROM, with gapps included and gesture support (pocket, hand wave, pickup).

Based on Android 11.0

Notes:
    1. If you want to root then copy the stock boot from the latest stock rom into internal and use magisk to patch it, then flash the patched boot in bootloader (fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img)
    2. I will try to provide monthly patch updates and fixes as needed, don't ask for ETAs... I usually aim for the 5th of each month or whenever Google releases their patches
    3. If you are coming from a previous version, I highly recommend clean flashing, otherwise you will probably have issues

Bugs:
    You tell me

You tell me? I worked hard to get everything working, I don't see any other issues, please report real issues, not feature requests from MIUI or other roms.

Getting fastbootd drivers working on windows:
    1. Download these drivers and unzip
    2. follow the instructions here to install the unsigned drivers
    3. select the windows inf

Steps:
    Please follow these steps closely!
    For new installs:
    1. Unlock bootloader
    2. Download vbmeta from here and flash it in fastboot like this:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta_note9s.img (IF YOU DONT DO THIS STEP, VOLTE AND OK GOOGLE WONT WORK!)
    3. In bootloader enter: 'fastboot reboot fastboot'
    4. After we reboot you will see 'fastbootd', enter 'fastboot flash system system.img' (extract the system.img and put it in the folder you're in
    5. enter 'fastboot reboot recovery'
    6. select format userdata
    7. then select reboot to system

To upgrade from previous versions:
    1. Reboot to fastbootd (adb reboot fastboot from inside android or fastboot reboot fastboot from bootloader)
    2. After we reboot you will see 'fastbootd', enter 'fastboot flash system system.img' (extract the system.img and put it in the folder you're in
    3. Reboot

There is now a toggle to add SuperSU on boot in Phh Settings > Misc:
    Just enable it and reboot. (Keep in mind it breaks safteynet, if you need to use a banking app, disable it from settings and reboot)

Downloads:
    Latest ROM

For those who want stock camera with 48mp support on back and 16 on front
    1. Download ANX camera from here along with the 48mp addon
    2. flash in magisk both modules
    3. Reboot
    4. Give ANX camera all the permissions in app info
    5. First time might crash then re-open
    6. To fix portrait in front camera, download anx camera config from play store and search for portrait, enable all settings except for 'portrait night front'
    7. restart app

@phhusson for his work on GSI (donate to this man, he works on dozens of devices), he worked closely with me to get everything working!

Enjoy!

P.S.
    I am not going to add any custom features from other roms so please don't comment about that!

Source: https://github.com/aosp-tissot
    Phh source:Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    [GSI][ROM][ CURTANA | JOYEUSE | EXCALIBUR][11.0][AOSP+GAPPS][05/11/20], ROM for the Redmi Note 9 Pro

Contributors
    sooti, phhusson
    Source Code: https://github.com/aosp-tissot

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Treble
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-17

Created 2020-09-21
    Last Updated 2020-11-05​
    New Build is up:
    * Jan security patch
    * New treble settings for style thanks to phh
    * Enabled the sdcardfs override feature, should provide better performance

Note: Your phone will reboot once when it finishes booting, its do to the sdcardfs change, it will boot fine after that
    Changelog:
    15/05/21:
    * May security patch
    * Latest phh commits

09/04/21:
    * April security patch
    * Latest phh commits

07/03/21:
    * Fixed aac codec issue that caused video not to play in fb, instagram etc

05/03/21:
    *March sec patch
    * Latest phh patches

03/02/21:
    * Fixed magisk support, please disable phh-su and restart to remove it if you want to flash magisk afterwords
    * Feb security patch

23/01/21:
    * Reverted thes dcardfs fuse change, causes file saving and reading issues (NOTE: Your device will reboot once after first boot, then wont happen again)
    15/01/21:
    * Google activated a new CTS profile that breaks safteynet, we added a new patch to fix it (update to this version to fix unrooted safteynet breaking, clear google play services data if it doesnt update)

05/01/21:
    * Jan security patch
    * New treble settings for style thanks to phh
    * Enabled the sdcardfs override feature, should provide better performance

08/12/20:
    * December security patch

05/11/20:
    * November security patch

20/10/20:
    * Fixed bad padding in notification bar
    * Switched to pixel blue colors
    * Added volte icon in notification when volte is working
    * Fixed bad package name for gcam in aux

17/10/20:
    * Fixed camera crashing in 3rd party apps like bigo live

15/10/20:
    * Added wellbeing to settings
    * Exclusive Feature: Super SU on demand:
    Simply enable it from Phh-Settings > Misc > Enable SU
    Then reboot. Please not safteynet will fail while its enabled, if you need a banking app, just disable it from settings and reboot

07/10/20:
    * Fixed VoLTE

06/10/20:
    * Merged the latest Phh fixes (nothing device specific for our device)
    * October security patch
    * Pulled latest phh settings app

21/09/20:
    * Initial release: Everything works except voLTE for now, removed some gapps to reduce size and to please some people who complained about bloat
    New build is up:
    *March sec patch
    * Latest phh patches
    Not sure what you guys are arguing about but please take it somewhere else, if someone wishes to use another rom, let them go there and discuss it, please only discuss relevant issues to this topic

On another note, once December monthly patch will be out I will build the monthly patch, no other changes. enjoy
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone