[GSI][ROM][ CURTANA | JOYEUSE | EXCALIBUR][11.0][AOSP+GAPPS][04/08/21]

Search This thread

Steam.

Jun 7, 2012
Skopje
OK, so, just to clarify a few things:

1. I am now on android 10, MIUI, xiaomi.eu. So now for flashing, flash to latest stock rom (without relocking, ofcourse) and then do the fastbootd things?
2. If I want to root, do I use the xiaomi rom's boot.img? I don't see a way to open the system.img file in any other way to get a boot image otherwise, and using the MIUI kernel doesn't make sense to me. Or is the kernel not present in the boot.img anymore? bit oldfashioned maybe in the questions here, but I just want to make sure. Thanks to the dev, and anyone replying, and I hope you have a great day!

whatpigs

May 27, 2016
Redmi Note 9 Pro
If you are using twrp, you can flash magisk. Just rename magisk.apk to magisk.zip

1. I am now on android 10, MIUI, xiaomi.eu. So now for flashing, flash to latest stock rom (without relocking, ofcourse) and then do the fastbootd things?
2. If I want to root, do I use the xiaomi rom's boot.img? I don't see a way to open the system.img file in any other way to get a boot image otherwise, and using the MIUI kernel doesn't make sense to me. Or is the kernel not present in the boot.img anymore? bit oldfashioned maybe in the questions here, but I just want to make sure. Thanks to the dev, and anyone replying, and I hope you have a great day!

Reactions: Steam.

whatpigs

May 27, 2016
Redmi Note 9 Pro

You can use the boot img of miui ROM you're using.

Reactions: Steam.

Steam.

Jun 7, 2012
Skopje
Thanks for the help. As for the auto brightness thing, I have to agree with the other user writing about it in this topic - it is too aggressive, and is either max brightness, or lowered drastically. I toggled the force different backlight scale in phh settings and it is a bit better (using joyeuse). Also, is it atleast possible to add a toggle in settings to swap the back button with the recents button? It's a habit that is hard to get rid of if you ever used any other device, ever. Otherwise, 0 problems. Very smooth ROM, although I had to replace the stock launcher as even disabling the Google app doesn't remove the search bar from the top of the device, but that's just cause I find it annoying and of 0 value to me. Thanks @sooti , you've done a great job.

EDIT: using it a bit more and I notice the edges of the screen arent as rounded as stock rom, definitely looks tighter than stock.\

EDIT2: media volume on headphones is distorted on max, last 4-5 steps are inaudible cause of distortion.

Last edited:

ruperxl89

Jul 25, 2014
Thanks for the help. As for the auto brightness thing, I have to agree with the other user writing about it in this topic - it is too aggressive, and is either max brightness, or lowered drastically. I toggled the force different backlight scale in phh settings and it is a bit better (using joyeuse). Also, is it atleast possible to add a toggle in settings to swap the back button with the recents button? It's a habit that hard to get rid of if you ever used any other device, ever. Otherwise, 0 problems. Very smooth ROM, although I had to replace the stock launcher as even disabling the Google app doesn't remove the search bar from the top of the device, but that's just cause I find it annoying and of 0 value to me. Thanks @sooti , you've done a great job.

EDIT: using it a bit more and I notice the edges of the screen arent as rounded as stock rom, definitely looks tighter than stock.
And how you change this: i toggled the force different backlight scale in phh settings ? Thanks

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
Settings>Phh settings on top>misc features>force alternative backlight scale under backlight. reboot if it doesn't take effect.
Pretty sure I already enabled it in persistant props by default, no need to touch any phh settings except dt2w maybe under xiaomi settings since not everyone wants that

ruperxl89

Jul 25, 2014
Pretty sure I already enabled it in persistant props by default, no need to touch any phh settings except dt2w maybe under xiaomi settings since not everyone wants that
I dont know, i must try when i can to see how work on this build, can it be that my curtana was most new and it have diferent sensor hardware

rayzen6

Feb 5, 2016
I dont know, i must try when i can to see how work on this build, can it be that my curtana was most new and it have diferent sensor hardware
I'm assuming you are flashing Indian fastboot rom. I had some issues with indian rom. I've been using latest gsi build on GLOBAL fastboot A11 now and it has no issues. And also do not touch phh settings.

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
Small update with more fixes on its way:
* Rebased my changes on Phh to minimize the mess
* Set disable audio effects on boot
* Fix 4K video recording not working by default
* Enable prop for lowest brightness supported
* More minor tweaks

cgb.spender

Dec 6, 2013
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Small update with more fixes on its way:
* More minor tweaks
Hi, I've updated over the previous build and Safetynet is failing (CTS profile). Reverted back to 20/7 rom and it's passing again. Are you experiencing the same issue? Universal Safetynet fix installed with Magisk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.
    800px-Android_11.svg.png

What is this?
    An AOSP based ROM, with gapps included and gesture support (pocket, hand wave, pickup).

Based on Android 11.0

Notes:
    1. If you want to root then copy the stock boot from the latest stock rom into internal and use magisk to patch it, then flash the patched boot in bootloader (fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img)
    2. I will try to provide monthly patch updates and fixes as needed, don't ask for ETAs... I usually aim for the 5th of each month or whenever Google releases their patches
    3. If you are coming from a previous version, I highly recommend clean flashing, otherwise you will probably have issues

Bugs:
    You tell me

You tell me? I worked hard to get everything working, I don't see any other issues, please report real issues, not feature requests from MIUI or other roms.

Getting fastbootd drivers working on windows:
    1. Download these drivers and unzip
    2. follow the instructions here to install the unsigned drivers
    3. select the windows inf

Steps:
    Please follow these steps closely!
    For new installs:
    1. Unlock bootloader
    2. Download vbmeta from here and flash it in fastboot like this:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta_note9s.img (IF YOU DONT DO THIS STEP, VOLTE AND OK GOOGLE WONT WORK!)
    3. In bootloader enter: 'fastboot reboot fastboot'
    4. After we reboot you will see 'fastbootd', enter 'fastboot flash system system.img' (extract the system.img and put it in the folder you're in
    5. enter 'fastboot reboot recovery'
    6. select format userdata
    7. then select reboot to system

To upgrade from previous versions:
    1. Reboot to fastbootd (adb reboot fastboot from inside android or fastboot reboot fastboot from bootloader)
    2. After we reboot you will see 'fastbootd', enter 'fastboot flash system system.img' (extract the system.img and put it in the folder you're in
    3. Reboot

There is now a toggle to add SuperSU on boot in Phh Settings > Misc:
    Just enable it and reboot. (Keep in mind it breaks safteynet, if you need to use a banking app, disable it from settings and reboot)

Downloads:
    Latest ROM

For those who want stock camera with 48mp support on back and 16 on front
    1. Download ANX camera from here along with the 48mp addon
    2. flash in magisk both modules
    3. Reboot
    4. Give ANX camera all the permissions in app info
    5. First time might crash then re-open
    6. To fix portrait in front camera, download anx camera config from play store and search for portrait, enable all settings except for 'portrait night front'
    7. restart app

@phhusson for his work on GSI (donate to this man, he works on dozens of devices), he worked closely with me to get everything working!

Enjoy!

P.S.
    I am not going to add any custom features from other roms so please don't comment about that!

Source: https://github.com/aosp-tissot
    Phh source:Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    [GSI][ROM][ CURTANA | JOYEUSE | EXCALIBUR][11.0][AOSP+GAPPS][05/11/20], ROM for the Redmi Note 9 Pro

Contributors
    sooti, phhusson
    Source Code: https://github.com/aosp-tissot

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Treble
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-17

Created 2020-09-21
    Last Updated 2020-11-05​
    Changelog:
    04/08/21:
    * August security patch - Please note this will probably be the final release of Android 11 GSI, I will be working on Android 12 GSI once Google releases the sources at the end of this month, begining of next. See you all in Android 12

01/08/21:
    * An additional fix to safteynet fix
    * Remove audio boost tweaks due to distortion in A11 vendor

29/07/21:
    * Fixed safteynet not passing

27/07/21:
    * More minor tweaks

20/07/21:
    * Fixed broken safteynet
    * Fixed volte
    * Fixed Hotword not working in OK Google (might need to clear app data)
    * July security patch

19/06/21:
    * June security patch
    * Fixed all the android 11 vendor issues (tested on curtana but should work on all)
    * Latest phh commits

15/05/21:
    * May security patch
    * Latest phh commits

09/04/21:
    * April security patch
    * Latest phh commits

07/03/21:
    * Fixed aac codec issue that caused video not to play in fb, instagram etc

05/03/21:
    *March sec patch
    * Latest phh patches

03/02/21:
    * Fixed magisk support, please disable phh-su and restart to remove it if you want to flash magisk afterwords
    * Feb security patch

23/01/21:
    * Reverted thes dcardfs fuse change, causes file saving and reading issues (NOTE: Your device will reboot once after first boot, then wont happen again)
    15/01/21:
    * Google activated a new CTS profile that breaks safteynet, we added a new patch to fix it (update to this version to fix unrooted safteynet breaking, clear google play services data if it doesnt update)

05/01/21:
    * Jan security patch
    * New treble settings for style thanks to phh
    * Enabled the sdcardfs override feature, should provide better performance

08/12/20:
    * December security patch

05/11/20:
    * November security patch

20/10/20:
    * Fixed bad padding in notification bar
    * Switched to pixel blue colors
    * Added volte icon in notification when volte is working
    * Fixed bad package name for gcam in aux

17/10/20:
    * Fixed camera crashing in 3rd party apps like bigo live

15/10/20:
    * Added wellbeing to settings
    * Exclusive Feature: Super SU on demand:
    Simply enable it from Phh-Settings > Misc > Enable SU
    Then reboot. Please not safteynet will fail while its enabled, if you need a banking app, just disable it from settings and reboot

07/10/20:
    * Fixed VoLTE

06/10/20:
    * Merged the latest Phh fixes (nothing device specific for our device)
    * October security patch
    * Pulled latest phh settings app

21/09/20:
    * Initial release: Everything works except voLTE for now, removed some gapps to reduce size and to please some people who complained about bloat
    New Build is up:
    * Jan security patch
    * New treble settings for style thanks to phh
    * Enabled the sdcardfs override feature, should provide better performance

Note: Your phone will reboot once when it finishes booting, its do to the sdcardfs change, it will boot fine after that
    Small update:
    GSI 12 already boots on Curtana and pretty much everything works including gapps, safteynet might be broken since the old hack hasn't been applied yet but we'll see

No ETA
    New build is up:
    *March sec patch
    * Latest phh patches