[GSI]RROS-Q-8.6.4 for Redmi 9 (Lancelot)

Search This thread

Shas45558

Dec 9, 2018
I'm stuck trying to make recovery works. I'm able to flash it fine with fastboot, but as soon as I enter it, my touch stop working. I can't change language, click on any button or even unlock the TWRP screen if I lock it.

It's the same issue another user had. He made a video, see here: https://xdaforums.com/t/gsi-rros-q-8-6-4-for-redmi-9-lancelot.4205995/post-84262493

@Shas45558 or anyone else, can you guys help me?
I do not know why it not working..it work in v12.0.3.0 also...you can try below one...

If it has same problem then try otg mouce

Reactions: intellq

intellq

Jun 16, 2010
Thanks for the reply.

These images with ~30mb do not work in my phone, already tried them. Only the ones with 64mb gives boot (but touch doesn't work)

Edit:
That one you post boots, but same touch problem :(

Last edited:

Shas45558

Dec 9, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

These images with ~30mb do not work in my phone, already tried them. Only the ones with 64mb gives boot (but touch doesn't work)
Which version is you now?

Try it
MOD EDIT: Telegram link removed, please read the STICKY!

The first time I boot with TWRP CN, I have to use USB OTG Adapter to connect my mouse with the phone. But after that, I boot to TWRP CN, turn off the screen, turn it on again, and the touch work perfectly without using the mouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: -CALIBAN666-

willkurt27

Feb 28, 2016
Im using a11 custom rom now. Can I do this? I mean do i have to flash MIUI first before doing this GSI? Thanks

Apr 19, 2018
Disclaimer:
Only for Lancelot and backup all necessary file.
In custom recovery never use ,"fastboot reboot fastboot" cmd...it must break your device....only stock recovery able to go fastbootd mood

What is needed?:

1.unlock bootloader
2.Rooted or custom recovery installed(or need PC to install custom recovery)

Features:
1.pre rooted.
2.no headphones, brightness, Sim issue.
3.gapps included.
4.viper4fx driver pre install.
5.Disable selinux
6.auto brightness fully works.

Bugs:
when screen is on then touch FP sensor it select the first item..animation is laggy disable it in developer option.

How to install?:

1.Download and and extract file from below link.

you get twrp.7z,real-recovery,twrp-recovery and patch.zip.Download cust-patch.zip from this post.

2. Extract twrp.7z to root directory from where you want...recommends to use USB or memory card……(like the photo)..if you do not keep the twrp file like this you cannot find backup partition on twrp recovery...
View attachment 5174875
3.download image factory from the link

flash twrp-recovery with it or if you have custom recovery you can update recovery from there.Or from PC you can flash via fastboot.

4.Reboot into recovery and install the patch.zip first then cust-patch.zip….if you stuck on cust-patch.zip flash processes then reboot recovery again and try again…..

5.Then go to restore tab of your recovery and restore the super partition only after success try to restore data and catch..

6.If you fail to restore data and catch. You need to wipe your data,devikck catchand reboot your device property.now again go to recovery and restore data and catch. This time success to restore them.wipe delvik catche..and reboot....

7.Enjoy.....

Tips:
1.real-recovery is the stock recovery of redmi 9 device...
2.your usb or memory card must be format as exfat because fat cannot hold super partition because of its size...and ntfs doesn't support by
Twrp

View attachment 5164507View attachment 5164511View attachment 5164509View attachment 5164513View attachment 5164515View attachment 5164517View attachment 5164521
Please port it to Poco M2🙏

Apr 19, 2018
Disclaimer:
Only for Lancelot and backup all necessary file.
In custom recovery never use ,"fastboot reboot fastboot" cmd...it must break your device....only stock recovery able to go fastbootd mood

What is needed?:

1.unlock bootloader
2.Rooted or custom recovery installed(or need PC to install custom recovery)

Features:
1.pre rooted.
2.no headphones, brightness, Sim issue.
3.gapps included.
4.viper4fx driver pre install.
5.Disable selinux
6.auto brightness fully works.

Bugs:
when screen is on then touch FP sensor it select the first item..animation is laggy disable it in developer option.

How to install?:

1.Download and and extract file from below link.

you get twrp.7z,real-recovery,twrp-recovery and patch.zip.Download cust-patch.zip from this post.

2. Extract twrp.7z to root directory from where you want...recommends to use USB or memory card……(like the photo)..if you do not keep the twrp file like this you cannot find backup partition on twrp recovery...
View attachment 5174875
3.download image factory from the link

flash twrp-recovery with it or if you have custom recovery you can update recovery from there.Or from PC you can flash via fastboot.

4.Reboot into recovery and install the patch.zip first then cust-patch.zip….if you stuck on cust-patch.zip flash processes then reboot recovery again and try again…..

5.Then go to restore tab of your recovery and restore the super partition only after success try to restore data and catch..

6.If you fail to restore data and catch. You need to wipe your data,devikck catchand reboot your device property.now again go to recovery and restore data and catch. This time success to restore them.wipe delvik catche..and reboot....

7.Enjoy.....

Tips:
1.real-recovery is the stock recovery of redmi 9 device...
2.your usb or memory card must be format as exfat because fat cannot hold super partition because of its size...and ntfs doesn't support by
Twrp

View attachment 5164507View attachment 5164511View attachment 5164509View attachment 5164513View attachment 5164515View attachment 5164517View attachment 5164521
There are 1.3 milllion plus Poco M2 users please create some cusstom roms for Poco M2🙏

Edit: sorry for annoying i did not know that custom roms were uploaded in telegram

Last edited:

jkd

Nov 7, 2007
Still no update of RROS GSI for the redmi 9 (Lancelot) ?
Does it the last RROS GSI work, or mkt issues not fixed ?

Shas45558

Dec 9, 2018
Yes...you can do it...

What is needed?:
1.Device with twrp installed.

What is working?:
1.Root access work.
2.Brightness slider work.
3.Auto Brightness work.
4.Migrate work.

How to flash?:
1.Backup your data because You need to format data.
2.Download extract and rename it as system.img(from below link)(download arm64-ab varient)

2.Download Gsi flasher.zip(From my post)
3.Keep system.img and Gsi flasher.zip in same location.
4.Boot into Twrp and flash Gsi flasher.zip
5.Flash Magshik v23.zip for magshik support

---------------------------------------
Extra step:(Non oss build usure ignore it)
Download vendor from below link and install it via Twrp.

U
----------------------------------------

6.Formats data.
7.Boot your device.
8.Flash auto brightness gsi.zip(from my post) through magisk to autu brightness support
9.Follow below post for brightness slider and headphone juck fixing...

Installation method is changed..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes...you can do it...

What is needed?:
    1.Device with twrp installed.

What is working?:
    1.Root access work.
    2.Brightness slider work.
    3.Auto Brightness work.
    4.Migrate work.

How to flash?:
    1.Backup your data because You need to format data.
    2.Download extract and rename it as system.img(from below link)(download arm64-ab varient)

2.Download Gsi flasher.zip and system-resize.zip(From my post)
    3.Keep system.img and Gsi flasher.zip in same location.
    4.Boot into Twrp
    5.flash system-resize.zip
    6.reboot into recovery
    7.Flash Gsi flasher.zip
    8.Flash Magshik v23.zip for magshik support

---------------------------------------
    Extra step:(Non oss build usure ignore it)
    Download vendor from below link and install it via Twrp.

U
    ----------------------------------------

9.Formats data.
    10.Boot your device.
    11.Flash auto brightness gsi.zip(from my post) through magisk to autu brightness support
    9.Follow below post for brightness slider and headphone juck fixing...

Screenshot_20201221-225643_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20201221-225658795.jpgScreenshot_20201221-225634_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20201221-225713409.jpgScreenshot_20201222-121303048.jpgScreenshot_20201222-104347589.jpgScreenshot_20201222-121623908.jpg
    Please use Google or the search here in forum,its all explained.
    I think yes,its the only thing at moment which we can named custom rom.Cheers!!!!
    Yes...gsi is our custom ROM..but I fix all bug from from the gsi and so I call it as custom rom
    Can you share screen shot for this gsi?
    OK look now I add them
    Extract twrp.7z to your usb which is format as exfat...move twrp folder as root on usb ...in twrp go to restore tab and change stroge type to otg...notice the size of usb size...if you sce the size is 0 that mean twrp cannot get your usb....

i absolutely did that, i format usb otg exfat then i format micro sd card of 16gb exfat and by selecting storage after tapping restore yes my otg and memory card both shows around 76003 some thing like that in numbers, not 0, and twrp folder is also there, but partitions are not appearing to select it and then swipe to restore it. as i uploaded pic in my early post