roirraW "edor" ehT
- May 8, 2010
March 15, 2023:
Android 13 GSI binaries and release notes | Android Developers
Notes and downloads for Generic System Images for Android 13 QPR beta builds.
Android 13 GSI binaries and release notes
Android Generic System Image (GSI) binaries are available to developers for app testing and validation purposes on supported Treble-compliant devices. Developers can use these images to address any compatibility issues with Android 13 QPR3 as well as discover and report OS and framework issues until Android 13 QPR3 is officially released.
GSI binaries for Android 13 QPR3 are built from the same AOSP and GMS sources as the corresponding Google Pixel builds. These binaries contain the same API and SDK, have a similar CTS result, and have been validated on the following Pixel devices:
- Pixel 4a and 4a (5G)
- Pixel 5 and 5a
- Pixel 6 and 6 Pro
- Pixel 6a
- Pixel 7 and 7 Pro
Note: File GSI bugs for any system-related issues you encounter. Make sure to attach a full bug report and clearly indicate that you are using a GSI buildin your bug description to help us find your issues and address them more quickly. For app-related issues found when using a GSI, we recommend reproducing the issue on a Pixel device before contacting the app developer directly.
General advisoriesGSI binaries offer core OS and framework functionality that is common to all Android 13 QPR beta builds, but they might be missing specific functionality as listed and are not intended for commercial use.
Please be aware of the following general advisories:
- GSI binaries are an experimental tool intended only for use by developers who want early access to test and validate their apps. They are not intended for general use.
- Using a GSI might void the warranty for your device, erase all data on your device, and might brick your device.
- Using a GSI requires a bootloader-unlocked, Treble-compliant device that originally launched with Android 9 (API level 28) or higher.
- Apps embedded in GSIs are for evaluation usage; some apps might not function as expected.
- GSI releases aren't Compatibility Test Suite (CTS)‑approved. Apps that depend on CTS-approved builds might not work normally.
Known issuesAndroid 13 GSI binaries have the following GSI-specific known issues:
- Phone Audio: When using the integrated dialer, you might not hear any audio on the phone. This is due to a change in the telephony service installation location in Android 10.
- Power Cycle: Rebooting GSI might fail on some devices. To work around it, reboot the device into recovery mode, erase user data, perform a factory reset, and then reboot the device.
- System partition size: GSI + GMS file size (images named _gsi\_gms\_arm64-*_) might be bigger than the default dynamic system partition size on your device. To work around this issue, you can delete some non-essential dynamic partitions, such as the product partition, and flash the GSI again. For more information, see the flashing GSIs documentation.
Date: March 15, 2023
Build type: experimental
Security patch level: March 2023
Google Play Services: 23.02.14
|Type||Download Link||SHA-256 Checksum|