[GSI][UNOFFICIAL][11] Pixel Experience & Pixel Experience Plus

Search This thread

jbbandos

May 26, 2010
Brussels
I was able to overcome this issue with a tool called parted. I increased the system partition to about 3.5 GB and flashed the system image.
Thanks, with parted from that link and TWRP as given by @-Alf- I have resized system and am now on the way to flash this ROM.

Edit: unfortunately, the first tries are dis-encouraging, even the GSIs that worked previously now fail to boot and drop into fastboot. I'll see if flashing from erecovery won't reset partition sizes and will let me boot again.

Last edited:

jbbandos

May 26, 2010
Brussels
Ok, quick warning to anyone else with a Huawei tablet that thinks of resizing their system partition- DON'T.

Even after restoring the partition sizes, it won't boot - it will loop into recovery, no matter which ROM you try to install.
eRecovery no longer is able to do a full reset and reinstall - fails as soon as it starts flashing.
Huawei suite - refuses to recover the tablet (this model is not supported for recover in fastboot mode) and tells me to find a Huawei service centre.
I found mention of some tools from 3-4 years ago that would fix non-booting kirin hardware, but most drivers have disappeared, and I'm unable to find the firmware in XML format as seems to be required.

Summary - changing partitions is a terrible idea, and all I got out of it is a bricked tablet.

Reactions: eremitein

eremitein

May 16, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Ok, quick warning to anyone else with a Huawei tablet that thinks of resizing their system partition- DON'T.

Even after restoring the partition sizes, it won't boot - it will loop into recovery, no matter which ROM you try to install.
eRecovery no longer is able to do a full reset and reinstall - fails as soon as it starts flashing.
Huawei suite - refuses to recover the tablet (this model is not supported for recover in fastboot mode) and tells me to find a Huawei service centre.
I found mention of some tools from 3-4 years ago that would fix non-booting kirin hardware, but most drivers have disappeared, and I'm unable to find the firmware in XML format as seems to be required.

Summary - changing partitions is a terrible idea, and all I got out of it is a bricked tablet.
this warning actual for many devices, not only Huawei - changing size of partitions is dangerous

JalajGoswami

Jul 3, 2022
This PE GSI has big issues for my device i.e. RMX2040 Realme Narzo 10 (globally called 6i), the System UI , pixel launcher and all my installed apps and even the core apps like Phone app crashes frequently.
By crashing I means goes not responding for quite a few minutes then after a while the system responds with few ANR (App Not Responding) popups.
This is very problematic as you can think phone is ringing but there is no UI of phone app and the phone is not responding to any actions.
Beside this major problem there are graphical glitches in the phone like opening a story on Instagram, the instagram app first glitches in sound and video then goes non responding😭

My Device : Realme Narzo 10 RMX 2040
GSI version : 12.1 v414 (used both vndklite and slim version)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GtwTyCR.png

Pixel Experience for GSI
    &
    Pixel Experience Plus for GSI

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)
    Their mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device
    Based on Android 11

What is working?
    Almost everything

Known issues
    Same issues of Phh's AOSP

Download
    Github

Telegram
    Pixel Experience
    Phh Treble

Translation
    Help with project translation

Blog
    Pixel Experience

Donate
    jhenrique09
    phhusson
    AndyYan
    eremitein
    ponces

First pixel experience that booted on my Samsung A505GN. And damn I loved it.
    thanks for the hardwork
    Pixel Experience Plus 11.0 v312 released!

Changelog:
    • Fix Extreme Battery Saver SELinux denials
    • Sync with Phh's AOSP v312
    • Sync with August sources of PE+
    Pixel Experience 11.0 v313 released!

Changelog:
    Pixel Experience 11.0 v307 released!

Changelog:
    • Fix build fingerprint properties
    • Use PE device name property
    • Remove Styles section and securize option from Treble App
    • Add offline charging sepolicy