• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[GSI][UNOFFICIAL][11] Pixel Experience & Pixel Experience Plus

Search This thread

TheFastGT

Jan 15, 2014
Project Treble
Honor Note 10
You have to use fastboot or a custom recovery to flash a GSI image. How are you flashing a system image with a stock recovery?
I have the stock recovery patched with magisk (honor note 10), use TWRP increase risk of bootloop and brick issues....all roms i've installed until today are always flashed via "fastboot flash system"...i'm using the RR 7.0.1 from Openkirin project, lineage OS works with issues, RR 8.6.8 works with issues, this one can't be installed for this reason (invalid sparse write)...i've tried compress the sparse at 256MB with the sparse tool, but no success....

ponces

Jun 9, 2011
Porto
github.com
Samsung Galaxy A40
Arm64 a/b 11

Vendor post:
Well that is a problem with your device and its custom treble vendor implementation. It is a known issue so there's nothing that I can do for you, unfortunately...

Reactions: selo28

Abdullah5490

Oct 16, 2016
Islamabad
www.blindHelp.net
First check in Battery usage settings or with a battery monitor if there is any app keeping the phone awake/waisting CPU cycles/other. If not, then check if your device has any issue in its overlay package here. GSI depends a lot on these device overlay packages.

Under battery it says "phone has typical background battery usage".
Regarding overlay package, I don't know much about it, can you please explain a bit? When I go to provided git and open the "infinix" folder (my device manufacturer) from the "files" section, it only contains 3 models inside, my device model (note7) is not listed.
What should I do with overlay, Its my humble request to throw some light as its a totally unknown term for me.

Note: I never want to leave this great ROM, that's why looking for a solution by any means!

ponces

Jun 9, 2011
Porto
github.com
Samsung Galaxy A40
Under battery it says "phone has typical background battery usage".
Regarding overlay package, I don't know much about it, can you please explain a bit? When I go to provided git and open the "infinix" folder (my device manufacturer) from the "files" section, it only contains 3 models inside, my device model (note7) is not listed.
What should I do with overlay, Its my humble request to throw some light as its a totally unknown term for me.

Note: I never want to leave this great ROM, that's why looking for a solution by any means!
Then there is no overlay package for your device. You have to create one for it. Check this tutorial!

Reactions: Abdullah5490

ponces

Jun 9, 2011
Porto
github.com
Samsung Galaxy A40
Just an heads up!
Development is still ongoing, I'm just waiting for PE to update their repos for the June security patch (android-11.0.0_r38) which should happen in a couple of days if not earlier. phhusson already released v309, the base version of the new PE and PE+ builds.
Another topic: these new builds will include a patch to restore sbin path which I guess should help those who have issues with Magisk installations ;)
Another heads up!
Today or latest tomorrow I'll release a new build of PE for all variants based on v309 and June security patch!
PE+ builds should follow on the day after :)

RIVEEKS

Jun 11, 2021
I am totally new to GSIs please give me full tutorial how to flash it. And I I'm now in a A11 custom rom, device is realme 3 and needs arm64 ab

ponces

Jun 9, 2011
Porto
github.com
Samsung Galaxy A40
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/flash-gsi-in-realme-3-3i-android-10-updated-13-jan-2021.4217375/
I am totally new to GSIs please give me full tutorial how to flash it. And I I'm now in a A11 custom rom, device is realme 3 and needs arm64 ab

I can't answer that to you because that depends on the device and I don't know your device. However, there's at least these two tutorials that may help you on that: here and here. You just have to search for it.

Top Liked Posts