• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GSI][UNOFFICIAL][11] Pixel Experience & Pixel Experience Plus

Search This thread

MAREK10747

Feb 4, 2016
GtwTyCR.png

Pixel Experience for GSI
&
Pixel Experience Plus for GSI

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)
Their mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device
Based on Android 11

What is working?
Almost everything

Known issues
Same issues of Phh's AOSP

Download
Github

Telegram
Pixel Experience
Phh Treble

Translation
Help with project translation

Blog
Pixel Experience

Donate
jhenrique09
phhusson
AndyYan
eremitein
ponces

Reactions: jumpup

Vonsk

Sep 22, 2010
Austin
Sorry if noob, but which .img file am I flashing for this device? And does the .img include everything the typical .zip file ROMs include? system.img is one of like 10 files that get flashed. Thank you!

fddm

Feb 24, 2011
Sorry if noob, but which .img file am I flashing for this device? And does the .img include everything the typical .zip file ROMs include? system.img is one of like 10 files that get flashed. Thank you!
arm64 ab to system, but don't try to flash it. Our device uses super.img so just linking to a GSI is not really useful. No idea why this was posted.

Reactions: Vonsk
May 21, 2021
So, does that mean we SHOULD NOT use this rom? Was about to flash it with TWRP.

And, if it's "bunk", why not have this lost removed?

Here's the link:

EDIT: I'm looking into giving this a try, hopefully I won't hit a wall with the image not being signed by Google. Would be awesome to be able to dual boot both stock and GSI. https://developer.android.com/topic/dsu

Last edited:
May 21, 2021
Here's the link:

EDIT: I'm looking into giving this a try, hopefully I won't hit a wall with the image not being signed by Google. Would be awesome to be able to dual boot both stock and GSI. https://developer.android.com/topic/dsu
Please let me know how it goes.

I joined the 5G group on Telegram and there happens to be a couple other roms imma try out

Please let me know how it goes.

I joined the 5G group on Telegram and there happens to be a couple other roms imma try out
Just to clarify, Pixel Experience already runs nicely for me, I only have issue with the Pixel Camera app port. What I was referring to giving a try was attempting to install Pixel Experience via Dynamic System Update for a dual boot experience.

Waitwait. We can dual boot?!
Yeah, I've been dual booting Stock Android 11 and 12 with DSU for a week now. The issue is, as far as I can tell, is that only signed images (from Google or an OEM) are compatible with DSU. Now if that maybe means being able to run a custom rom as your main OS and using Stock for DSU (As the stock image would be signed) remains to be seen as I haven't given it a try.

sapplegater01

Oct 15, 2015
Google Pixel XL
LG G7 ThinQ
I flashed it on my device but I had to also flash vbmeta as well. No issues for now. I'll link the thread where I got the vbmeta image from in a few minutes.
Hey @GCPDetective would you happen to be able to write up a guide on getting Pixel Experience running? I've followed all the steps to unlock the bootloader, flashed the vbmeta.img and now im just hitting a wall when flashing the Pixel Experience image, it stops and says there is no directory or file when writing system_a. and then immediately fails

dieudeglace

Nov 11, 2021
Hey @GCPDetective would you happen to be able to write up a guide on getting Pixel Experience running? I've followed all the steps to unlock the bootloader, flashed the vbmeta.img and now im just hitting a wall when flashing the Pixel Experience image, it stops and says there is no directory or file when writing system_a. and then immediately fails
would you be able to make a guide for it? should i go about using TWRP (unofficial) to try and flash vbmeta? or should i use fastboot commands?

edit: sorry for such a noob question, I am extremely new to all this.

Just to clarify, Pixel Experience already runs nicely for me, I only have issue with the Pixel Camera app port. What I was referring to giving a try was attempting to install Pixel Experience via Dynamic System Update for a dual boot experience.
So you were able to flash a system img on a super a/b device? Why not share any helpful information as to how you achieved that? I've been able to do it successfully but only once and not with this ROM. It was about a year ago and data/telephony was a known bug so without being able to use the phone and data I ended up ditching the GSI about an hour after finally getting it installed. I think TWRP was what enabled me to really get it going but I could be wrong.

My guess is he didn't actually achieve the flash lol

So you were able to flash a system img on a super a/b device? Why not share any helpful information as to how you achieved that? I've been able to do it successfully but only once and not with this ROM. It was about a year ago and data/telephony was a known bug so without being able to use the phone and data I ended up ditching the GSI about an hour after finally getting it installed. I think TWRP was what enabled me to really get it going but I could be wrong.

Plenty of tutorials in the guides section for this device. I used those tutorials plus the vbmeta image I linked to in my previous posts.

My guess is he didn't actually achieve the flash lol

I did and it looks like others in this thread were successful as well. Only thing I haven’t got working is BT but others seem to have gotten it working successfully. You’re on your own from here though because according to you I’m a liar, so you should ignore everything I just said. Good luck 🤷‍♂️

Top Liked Posts