[GSI][UNOFFICIAL][12] Pixel Experience

Search This thread

ponces

Recognized Developer
GtwTyCR.png

Pixel Experience for GSI

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)
Their mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device
Based on Android 12

What is working?
Almost everything
These are beta builds so expect some bugs

Known issues
Same issues of phh's AOSP

Download
Github

Telegram
Pixel Experience GSI

Translation
Help with project translation

Blog
Pixel Experience

Donate
jhenrique09
phhusson
AndyYan
eremitein
kdrag0n
ponces

Last edited:

ponces

Recognized Developer
Notes:
  • Don't ask for PE+ builds as they will come later in time. In the past, PE team took nearly four months to release the first builds of PE+ after releasing regular PE builds. Based on PE's team predictions, it should arrive in a month or so!
  • Use the slim variant if you have a small system partition (without Drive, Gmail, Maps, Photos, Recorder, Wallpapers and Google app)
  • Finally, take in consideration phh's notes that should also apply here:
  • This is a pre-release. This is not considered daily-drivable, though your mileage may vary.
  • As you'll notice, there is no A-only variant at the moment. It is still undecided whether A-only variants will later appear.
  • If you want unshared_blocks/read-write system, use vndklite variants. Non-vndklite devices are capable of running vndklite variants.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021
Hello I'm facing major issue in this GSI. Can't pull status bar quick toggles, developer options disabled showing "developer options not available for this user", gesture navigation buttons not working, recent apps always showing empty. Needed to know if this is known issue. I guess this happening because after fresh installation this didn't show setup wizard similar issue to this article.

Reactions: lanadelreywhore

Krh2232

Apr 22, 2020
OnePlus 10 Pro
This GSI is running fine on my a71 but when I try to get into recovery, it just gets stuck on the logo screen and reboots and boots into twrp again but still stuck on the logo screen. This happens until I hard reset device. After I hard reset I boot fine into the gsi

Cass67

Jan 19, 2010
This is outstanding ... Went from stock Android 10 somewhere last week, to your Pixel+ GSI to now a Pixel 12 GSI on my Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos) with what i can see so far is 0 issues (auto brightness excepted ( i need to help fix that with an overlay i suspect )). Great work and many thanks to you and @phhusson for keeping this old fella up to date !! Android has been fun again the past week :)

Im not seeing the GPU glitches either mentioned on phh's github for Samsung unless the workaround is already applied..

Thanks !!!!

Reactions: namitutonka

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA
This is outstanding ... Went from stock Android 10 somewhere last week, to your Pixel+ GSI to now a Pixel 12 GSI on my Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos) with what i can see so far is 0 issues (auto brightness excepted ( i need to help fix that with an overlay i suspect )). Great work and many thanks to you and @phhusson for keeping this old fella up to date !! Android has been fun again the past week :)

Im not seeing the GPU glitches either mentioned on phh's github for Samsung unless the workaround is already applied..

Thanks !!!!
How did you applied that glitch work around I can't find that lines in build props not even on terminal I am. Using galaxy tab 10.1.
Also one question this rom. Has monet wallaper based themeing or not

Cass67

Jan 19, 2010
How did you applied that glitch work around I can't find that lines in build props not even on terminal I am. Using galaxy tab 10.1.
Also one question this rom. Has monet wallaper based themeing or not
I have not applied any workaround. I just don't see any glitches. I also guess monet theming is in place as its a part of A12.. you can change stuff relating colors in the settings, not paid much attention to that though.

0_AuTomaTa_0

Nov 19, 2020

Thanks !!!!
Yeah can someone help with auto brightness on Samsung devices ? Also root a S10 is kind of a pain, even going in recovery take few tries with buttons combinations. Boring stuff

Tommy0000

Dec 3, 2017
Moto G 5G Plus
Works well on moto g 5g plus!
Thank you for your work :)

I think the old version of TWRP published on XDA for nairo does't work on android 12 anymore because it bootloops.

EDIT: Also the aux isn't working, I've tried using the patches in settings for huawei devices and also connecting a usb-c dongle to aux but it's not working either.
I hope there will be a patch together with huawei for motorola phones but i guess they have less development going on.

There might be both overlays for nairo and audio drivers(i think) on the omnirom project.

EDIT2: SOLVED both problems, i created a guide to fix both here

Last edited:

lcmazza

Dec 4, 2011
I`m new to GSI, more like used to old school ROM installing and crap. I wonder if after installing this ROM on my treble-compatible device (which has worked perfectly fine for other people on YouTube):

1. Any new updates from this alpha stage will be rolled out automatically over the air or do I have to update manually reflashing, etc? How would that happen?

2. Google`s security updates, like the one released today will be installed over this build or that is part of another process?

Thank you!

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
1. Any new updates from this alpha stage will be rolled out automatically over the air or do I have to update manually reflashing, etc? How would that happen?
2. Google`s security updates, like the one released today will be installed over this build or that is part of another process?
1. No GSIs have user-facing OTA yet. Flash manually all the time.
2. As part of flashing/updating the GSI itself.

Reactions: lcmazza

Yosef17

Mar 27, 2018
Hello, i just flashed this gsi (arm64 ab).
But, when booted, it just blank. But it have sounds using power button (Like sound while locking and opening). And i can't mount system in recovery. Using a10 vendor

Is this vendor issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's the most logical and straightforward conclusion, yes.

But I can't come in terms with the fact that it's such a coincidence it happened right after I flashed this gsi. I mean I booted into fastboot before flashing it and the motor vibrated as usal. Then I flashed the gsi and reboot, and right after that point in time, suddenly the vibrations are gone.
    I dont think it is ROM related, maybe its a bad timing from an faulty hardware which then decided to say bye bye in the perfect time. I cant imagine that this can be a ROM issue since this is only an gsi which dont include any hardware drivers
    GtwTyCR.png

Pixel Experience for GSI

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)
    Their mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device
    Based on Android 12

What is working?
    Almost everything
    These are beta builds so expect some bugs

Known issues
    Same issues of phh's AOSP

Download
    Github

Telegram
    Pixel Experience GSI

Translation
    Help with project translation

Blog
    Pixel Experience

Donate
    jhenrique09
    phhusson
    AndyYan
    eremitein
    kdrag0n
    ponces

Pixel Experience 12.0 v400.h released!

Download here!

Changelog:
    Read these notes very carefully before flashing!
    Pixel Experience 12.0 v400.a released!

Changelog:
    Notes:
    • Don't ask for PE+ builds as they will come later in time. In the past, PE team took nearly four months to release the first builds of PE+ after releasing regular PE builds. Based on PE's team predictions, it should arrive in a month or so!
    • Use the slim variant if you have a small system partition (without Drive, Gmail, Maps, Photos, Recorder, Wallpapers and Google app)
    • Finally, take in consideration phh's notes that should also apply here:
    • This is a pre-release. This is not considered daily-drivable, though your mileage may vary.
    • As you'll notice, there is no A-only variant at the moment. It is still undecided whether A-only variants will later appear.
    • If you want unshared_blocks/read-write system, use vndklite variants. Non-vndklite devices are capable of running vndklite variants.
    Pixel Experience 12.0 v400.c released!

Changelog:
    Read these notes very carefully before flashing!