[GSI][UNOFFICIAL][12] Pixel Experience

Search This thread

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
there are alpha builds on github availible now. you can go check em out. may not boot for you. i just wanted to say they booted for me because i thought they were not supposed to boot on mediatek devices since it was crossed out. anyways thanks!
It probably would boot for me, since I have a Snapdragon CPU, not Mediatek.

But I won't run alpha versions, I need Android to be stable on my device, since it's my daily driver. I'd rather let others try it out and deal with the bugs, while I wait on a stable release.

Reactions: Blackklegend
It probably would boot for me, since I have a Snapdragon CPU, not Mediatek.

But I won't run alpha versions, I need Android to be stable on my device, since it's my daily driver. I'd rather let others try it out and deal with the bugs, while I wait on a stable release.
yeah same. i am using spark os 13 rn which i am daily driving.

zhlj2004

Apr 12, 2014
Hi,my device is Mi PAD5, the current version is PE 12.1 v415.1, when I upgrade it to PE 13.0, it's not working, WIPE it, it's still not working also. Do you meet the problem? How to solve the problem? Thanks!

DocMAX

Nov 22, 2006
The ROM seems to work perfectly on my device (Uniherz Jelly 2). Just the front camera isn't detected. Any idea how to fix this?

DocMAX

Nov 22, 2006
Wait the beta or 414? 415 just bootloops on my jelly-2

PixelExperience_arm64-ab-13.0-20220929-UNOFFICIAL.img

this one. is front camera working for you on ANY gsi rom? mine doesn't.

EDIT: be aware that you need to start with stock android 10 (not 11). it's not working on 11.

Reactions: T_Tank

T_Tank

Nov 23, 2013

EDIT: be aware that you need to start with stock android 10 (not 11). it's not working on 11.
I just dirty flashed from 414 to the current alpha an the front facing camera is working... does say there is a system update available but it force closes when I try to open it so probably will be fixed soon from a clean slate flash

this is an alpha release most things are broken. e.g. bluetooth doesnt work for some devices and my device was one of em

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016

All of my cameras worked on my Galaxy Tab S7+, running latest PE+ Android 12 GSI. I have no intention of trying PE 13 until there is a stable release.

I was using the boot.img/vendor.img from the latest Android 12 Samsung stock firmware.

73sydney

All of my cameras worked on my Galaxy Tab S7+, running latest PE+ Android 12 GSI. I have no intention of trying PE 13 until there is a stable release.

I was using the boot.img/vendor.img from the latest Android 12 Samsung stock firmware.

Just pointing out if no one tests, no one gets a stable....thats how things get done :)

sometimes its not about the indivdual, its about the many

ive tested more ROM's than most people have had hot dinners over the years (at one point 3-4 ROM's a week), a lot of it was to help devs and be part of the community, give back

devs and testers accept there will always be a part of the userbase who just want to enjoy the spoils without lifting a finger, and thats fine

but its probably best if you dont vocalise "I have no intention of trying PE 13 until there is a stable release" as it doesnt make people making the sacrifices like you very much :)

just a tip....

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Just pointing out if no one tests, no one gets a stable....thats how things get done :)

sometimes its not about the indivdual, its about the many

ive tested more ROM's than most people have had hot dinners over the years (at one point 3-4 ROM's a week), a lot of it was to help devs and be part of the community, give back

devs and testers accept there will always be a part of the userbase who just want to enjoy the spoils without lifting a finger, and thats fine

but its probably best if you dont vocalise "I have no intention of trying PE 13 until there is a stable release" as it doesnt make people making the sacrifices like you very much :)

just a tip....
I understand your POV. They are free to make that choice, if they wish. Noone is holding a gun to their head, forcing them to try betas. However, I need my device to be stable, more than anything. Which is why I usually only run stable releases.

And right now, I'm not in a position to try any GSIs, for a few days, at least. I have just switched my main device, still getting used to it before I get into the bootloader unlocking, etc.

For those that wish to make this choice, I commend them. As for me, I will most likely set up PE 12 as my primary GSI, while also dual booting PE 13 via DSU Sideloader as a secondary ROM.

Reactions: 73sydney

DocMAX

Nov 22, 2006
I just dirty flashed from 414 to the current alpha an the front facing camera is working... does say there is a system update available but it force closes when I try to open it so probably will be fixed soon from a clean slate flash
From which stock rom are you comming? Android 10 or 11? On 10 after i unlock bootloader the front camera ist not working. With Android 11 NO GSI rom loading (stuck at boot logo or bootloop)

T_Tank

Nov 23, 2013
From which stock rom are you comming? Android 10 or 11? On 10 after i unlock bootloader the front camera ist not working. With Android 11 NO GSI rom loading (stuck at boot logo or bootloop)
I was on the last version of Android 10 if memory serves me right I have been running gsi roms for a while now.

I did do a fastboot -w and fastboot clear userdata later and front camera was working fine as well as ims but the mediatek ims download is crashing on 13 so I can't test volte or vowifi yet

Will try to get some logs later tonight

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What happened to the PE A13 GSI? All the links I've found point to pages that only have PE A12 builds. Direct link, anyone?

Book this link, thy master list:

You can also individually go to

Once signed into your own github account, Watch the repo, and you'll get email updates, even just for releases if you like
    V416 booting on jelly 2
    Pixel Experience 13.0 v2022.11.13 booting on jelly 2 (will need to test Bluetooth and see if volte works on tmo USA)
    Hi, I am using pixel experience 13 with my Xiaomi 11T (Mediatek Dimensity 1200) I live problem with engineer mode. it is not possible to enter it. I tried codes and also applications from play store but I couldn't be successful. I think it is rom related. Cam you help me?
    Most so called "dialer codes" will only work on stock ROMs. AOSP ROMs have a few, like a code that lets you see your IMEI. But I'm not aware of any other codes. This engineering mode you mentioned will most likely be accessible on stock only. I'm kind of just assuming that you're trying to use some "secret code" to access a "hidden menu", since that's usually how it would be done.
    As you said, the hidden menu in the stock rom is accessed with a keyed combination, and since the volte setting configuration is here, I need to access it.
    Maybe you can try the code *#*#4636#*#*. Looks like just a bunch of network related stuff, but there is a mention of VOLTE too. I found that menu by accident, through an app I installed from play store.

If you're just looking to try enabling VOLTE, check the Phh Treble thing in Settings. No guarantees though, VOLTE depends mostly on your device/carrier.

Besides that code and the one for IMEI, I'm not aware of any others. If that menu isn't what you're looking for, then I'd suggest reflashing stock, do what you need to do, then come back to a GSI whenever. What is it exactly that you're trying to accomplish? Be aware that engineering modes are potentially dangerous to play around in, because they're meant for...engineers/developers. not average people. Just be careful what options you change, there could be irreversible effects. Look but don't touch, unless you really know what you're doing.
    GtwTyCR.png

Pixel Experience for GSI

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)
    Their mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device
    Based on Android 12

What is working?
    Almost everything
    These are beta builds so expect some bugs

Known issues
    Same issues of phh's AOSP

Download
    Github

Telegram
    Pixel Experience GSI

Translation
    Help with project translation

Blog
    Pixel Experience

Donate
    jhenrique09
    phhusson
    AndyYan
    eremitein
    kdrag0n
    ponces

Pixel Experience 12.0 v400.h released!

Download here!

Changelog:
    Read these notes very carefully before flashing!
    Pixel Experience 12.0 v400.a released!

Changelog:
    Notes:
    • Don't ask for PE+ builds as they will come later in time. In the past, PE team took nearly four months to release the first builds of PE+ after releasing regular PE builds. Based on PE's team predictions, it should arrive in a month or so!
    • Use the slim variant if you have a small system partition (without Drive, Gmail, Maps, Photos, Recorder, Wallpapers and Google app)
    • Finally, take in consideration phh's notes that should also apply here:
    • This is a pre-release. This is not considered daily-drivable, though your mileage may vary.
    • As you'll notice, there is no A-only variant at the moment. It is still undecided whether A-only variants will later appear.
    • If you want unshared_blocks/read-write system, use vndklite variants. Non-vndklite devices are capable of running vndklite variants.
    Pixel Experience 12.0 v400.c released!

Changelog:
    Read these notes very carefully before flashing!