[GSI][UNOFFICIAL][12] Pixel Experience

Search This thread
No choice for me about firmware... Only A12 stock fwr 😭
ah rip....... i think you can stick with android 12 gsi's for now. they are stable. i was daily driving spark os but it had tons of bugs. the launcher would kill itself when too many apps were open and the gestural navigation would just get unresponsive. arrow os 13 phh patches bluetooth is broken. stick with android 12 for now... i am going with crdroid 8.9. you could use the latest android 12.1 pe plus from the github releases page

rafik25

Apr 26, 2011
Ici et ailleurs la terre est si vaste
ah rip....... i think you can stick with android 12 gsi's for now. they are stable. i was daily driving spark os but it had tons of bugs. the launcher would kill itself when too many apps were open and the gestural navigation would just get unresponsive. arrow os 13 phh patches bluetooth is broken. stick with android 12 for now... i am going with crdroid 8.9. you could use the latest android 12.1 pe plus from the github releases page
Ah ok... Best choice for me Ancient GSI only bug for me button power for turn off screen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221009-102436_AncientLauncher.png
    Screenshot_20221009-102436_AncientLauncher.png
    391.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20221009-102455_Paramètres.png
    Screenshot_20221009-102455_Paramètres.png
    226.6 KB · Views: 37

martinlong78

Aug 6, 2007
This is a really GREAT GSI. Finally got rid of that amobination of an OS on my Samsung S21 exynos.

The only thing that isn't working on this device is the fingerprint sensor (as far as I can tell). This has the in-screen sensor. Has anyone got this working?

There seems to be (sadly) a lack of native custom roms for S21.

martinlong78

Aug 6, 2007
This is a really GREAT GSI. Finally got rid of that amobination of an OS on my Samsung S21 exynos.

The only thing that isn't working on this device is the fingerprint sensor (as far as I can tell). This has the in-screen sensor. Has anyone got this working?

There seems to be (sadly) a lack of native custom roms for S21.

Actually, just to add to this. What's the experience of the Lineageos GSI on S21? I'm hearing it's better battery life, which is a big deal on the S21. How about fingerprint sensor?

Actually, just to add to this. What's the experience of the Lineageos GSI on S21? I'm hearing it's better battery life, which is a big deal on the S21. How about fingerprint sensor?
i will suggest you use DSU sideloader because there are thousands of android 12/12.1/13 gsi's (13 has only some) but dsu sideloader allows you to test a gsi. after your done just reboot you go back into your main OS. its a huge time saver. you can go test what gsi works for you best. if you want to reboot and still boot into the gsi then download terminal emulator when rebooted into gsi and type "gsi_tool enable". after your done testing the. just click the restart button in the notification shade and your ready to test another gsi.

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
I'm just wondering, who else here is running either PE12 or PE13 on a tablet? If you have tried both, then between the 2, which is more optimized for tablets?

I've just upgraded to a Galaxy Tab S7+, SM-T976N, South Korean variant, running stock Android 12. It's also compatible with 5g, and 5g works on stock firmware. I live in the US, T-Mobile is my carrier. So far I've rooted and installed TWRP, but have yet to try a GSI on it.

My old device was also a Tab S7+, but it was a US variant that only supported wifi for network connectivity. I was previously running PE on that tab.

I'm also curious to know who else has 5g working on PE without issues (any device, any recent-ish PE version). Were there any special settings you had to configure? I think it will probably work on a GSI since it's already working fine on stock. But still wanting some input.

I'm just wondering, who else here is running either PE12 or PE13 on a tablet? If you have tried both, then between the 2, which is more optimized for tablets?

I've just upgraded to a Galaxy Tab S7+, SM-T976N, South Korean variant, running stock Android 12. It's also compatible with 5g, and 5g works on stock firmware. I live in the US, T-Mobile is my carrier. So far I've rooted and installed TWRP, but have yet to try a GSI on it.

My old device was also a Tab S7+, but it was a US variant that only supported wifi for network connectivity. I was previously running PE on that tab.

I'm also curious to know who else has 5g working on PE without issues (any device, any recent-ish PE version). Were there any special settings you had to configure? I think it will probably work on a GSI since it's already working fine on stock. But still wanting some input.
try to use dsu sideloader to try both gsi's and see which one works best for you. its the best way to test without touching your original system.

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
try to use dsu sideloader to try both gsi's and see which one works best for you. its the best way to test without touching your original system.
I've tried DSU sideloader while running the stock firmware. I couldn't get it to install the GSI, even though I was Magisk rooted. In the log it just gives a weird error. My bootloader is unlocked, so that can't be the issue.

martinlong78

Aug 6, 2007
i will suggest you use DSU sideloader because there are thousands of android 12/12.1/13 gsi's (13 has only some) but dsu sideloader allows you to test a gsi. after your done just reboot you go back into your main OS. its a huge time saver. you can go test what gsi works for you best. if you want to reboot and still boot into the gsi then download terminal emulator when rebooted into gsi and type "gsi_tool enable". after your done testing the. just click the restart button in the notification shade and your ready to test another gsi.
Thank you. That's going to be really useful going forward.

So, I've tried PE and Lineage on my S21. Here's the frustration...

Samsung Stock - just awful. Terrible battery life. Samsung crapware. Jarring UI choices. But... everything works.

PE - Beautiful UI. Doesn't seem to trip up SafetyNet. Banking, Netflix, and Company Portal all work. But... fingerprint sensor doesn't work. Battery life not so good as lineage

Lineage - All the hardware works as expected inc fingerprint sensor. However, trips the Safetynet. Rooted using phh possibly the problem. Tried Magisk but doesn't help. Now apps seem to be crashing left and right. Can't load banking, netflix, google wallet, company portal, etc. Basically unusable. Maybe will try and see if I can do a build without root.

I may dive into the patches and see if I can string togther a build like Lineage, but with the purity of PE. Seems a little daunting.

Thank you. That's going to be really useful going forward.

So, I've tried PE and Lineage on my S21. Here's the frustration...

Samsung Stock - just awful. Terrible battery life. Samsung crapware. Jarring UI choices. But... everything works.

PE - Beautiful UI. Doesn't seem to trip up SafetyNet. Banking, Netflix, and Company Portal all work. But... fingerprint sensor doesn't work. Battery life not so good as lineage

Lineage - All the hardware works as expected inc fingerprint sensor. However, trips the Safetynet. Rooted using phh possibly the problem. Tried Magisk but doesn't help. Now apps seem to be crashing left and right. Can't load banking, netflix, google wallet, company portal, etc. Basically unusable. Maybe will try and see if I can do a build without root.

I may dive into the patches and see if I can string togther a build like Lineage, but with the purity of PE. Seems a little daunting.
did you try options in phh treble settings e.g. work around for broken fingerprint sensor. reboot after applying the change the try again. for me samsung killed my sensor permanently after i updated to a firmware. it aint comming back. it doesnt work on stock too for me. although give that setting a try and leme know how it goes

martinlong78

Aug 6, 2007
did you try options in phh treble settings e.g. work around for broken fingerprint sensor. reboot after applying the change the try again. for me samsung killed my sensor permanently after i updated to a firmware. it aint comming back. it doesnt work on stock too for me. although give that setting a try and leme know how it goes
So.... went back and tried PE 12 - fingerprint sensor just works perfectly. However this one is also failing SafetyNet, which is a real PITA.

I'll try Magisk and modules, see what happens. I don't hold much hope. May end up just having to go back to the Samsung stock ROM. :(

So.... went back and tried PE 12 - fingerprint sensor just works perfectly. However this one is also failing SafetyNet, which is a real PITA.

I'll try Magisk and modules, see what happens. I don't hold much hope. May end up just having to go back to the Samsung stock ROM. :(
dont lose hope yet!. try this one. its modded by @Displax. I AM NOT THE OWNER OF THE MODULE. it worked for me. should work for you.

Attachments

• safetynet-fix-v2.3.1-MOD.zip
    91.6 KB · Views: 13

martinlong78

Aug 6, 2007
dont lose hope yet!. try this one. its modded by @Displax. I AM NOT THE OWNER OF THE MODULE. it worked for me. should work for you.
You, sir, are a gentleman.

Passes SafetyNet, and with a few entries in the denylist, I have my banking, Google Wallet, Netflix, Uber, and InTune company portall (Teams/Outlook) all working perfectly.

Plus working fingerprint, and... face unlock. AMAZING. Hopefully better battery life than the Samsung ROM too. Thank you.

You, sir, are a gentleman.

Passes SafetyNet, and with a few entries in the denylist, I have my banking, Google Wallet, Netflix, Uber, and InTune company portall (Teams/Outlook) all working perfectly.

Plus working fingerprint, and... face unlock. AMAZING. Hopefully better battery life than the Samsung ROM too. Thank you.
glad to know everything worked out!
your welcome

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you Long Press an empty place in that bar?
    And than in Settings search for System Navigation. There select 3-Button Navigation
    2-Button and 3-Button Navigations are also disabled. The pixel launcher controls the bottom navigation function regardless of which option you choose, and pixel launcher does not work with this release. for my tablet and for many others.
    Bottom edge gesture navigation not functioning starting with this 230104 release. Lenovo XF-606F.
    Because, Pixel Launcher crash repeadetly?
    Probably. After a repeatedly crashing Pixel Launcher, I moved to Nova Launcher which did not crash for this test. However, the bottom gesture navigation died on Nova Launcher.
    GSI versions that flash on Motorola devices.

I've notice only GSI build version "S" flashes.
    Versions bgN and bvN never boot up.

Can the developers make builds "bvS and "bgS.

Thank you if you can. Only developers @AndyYan and @chon doe that I found make bvS and bgS builds.
    Cherish OS 13 and Superior OS 13 and Lineage OS 13.

I want to try pixel 13 GSI but won't boot..

Thanks again for all the hard work...
    GtwTyCR.png

Pixel Experience for GSI

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)
    Their mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device
    Based on Android 12

What is working?
    Almost everything
    These are beta builds so expect some bugs

Known issues
    Same issues of phh's AOSP

Download
    Github

Telegram
    Pixel Experience GSI

Translation
    Help with project translation

Blog
    Pixel Experience

Donate
    jhenrique09
    phhusson
    AndyYan
    eremitein
    kdrag0n
    ponces

Pixel Experience 12.0 v400.h released!

Download here!

Changelog:
    Read these notes very carefully before flashing!
    Pixel Experience 12.0 v400.a released!

Changelog:
    Notes:
    • Don't ask for PE+ builds as they will come later in time. In the past, PE team took nearly four months to release the first builds of PE+ after releasing regular PE builds. Based on PE's team predictions, it should arrive in a month or so!
    • Use the slim variant if you have a small system partition (without Drive, Gmail, Maps, Photos, Recorder, Wallpapers and Google app)
    • Finally, take in consideration phh's notes that should also apply here:
    • This is a pre-release. This is not considered daily-drivable, though your mileage may vary.
    • As you'll notice, there is no A-only variant at the moment. It is still undecided whether A-only variants will later appear.
    • If you want unshared_blocks/read-write system, use vndklite variants. Non-vndklite devices are capable of running vndklite variants.
    Pixel Experience 12.0 v400.c released!

Changelog:
    Read these notes very carefully before flashing!