[GSI][UNOFFICIAL][12] Pixel Experience

Search This thread

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Looking to get either confirmation or disconfirmation:
With just PE13, Magisk installed, and *NO MODULES* (or all modules disabled), does anyone else get "response payload validation failed" when using a Safety net checker app? Maybe it's just me, could be the ROM. But if I install Shamiko + modded universal safety net fix, it passes. Removing/disabling those makes that message come back.

lazo41

Nov 27, 2009
Xiaomi 11T
Hi, I am using pixel experience 13 with my Xiaomi 11T (Mediatek Dimensity 1200) I live problem with engineer mode. it is not possible to enter it. I tried codes and also applications from play store but I couldn't be successful. I think it is rom related. Cam you help me?

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Hi, I am using pixel experience 13 with my Xiaomi 11T (Mediatek Dimensity 1200) I live problem with engineer mode. it is not possible to enter it. I tried codes and also applications from play store but I couldn't be successful. I think it is rom related. Cam you help me?
Most so called "dialer codes" will only work on stock ROMs. AOSP ROMs have a few, like a code that lets you see your IMEI. But I'm not aware of any other codes. This engineering mode you mentioned will most likely be accessible on stock only. I'm kind of just assuming that you're trying to use some "secret code" to access a "hidden menu", since that's usually how it would be done.

Reactions: lazo41

felipecassiors

Oct 24, 2016
I don't understand one thing. How do I apply a device overlay in this ROM? I wonder how all these people are claiming that everything is working (how could stuff like auto brightness be working without an overlay?)

Really confused about it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

lazo41

Nov 27, 2009
Xiaomi 11T
Most so called "dialer codes" will only work on stock ROMs. AOSP ROMs have a few, like a code that lets you see your IMEI. But I'm not aware of any other codes. This engineering mode you mentioned will most likely be accessible on stock only. I'm kind of just assuming that you're trying to use some "secret code" to access a "hidden menu", since that's usually how it would be done.
As you said, the hidden menu in the stock rom is accessed with a keyed combination, and since the volte setting configuration is here, I need to access it.

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
As you said, the hidden menu in the stock rom is accessed with a keyed combination, and since the volte setting configuration is here, I need to access it.
Maybe you can try the code *#*#4636#*#*. Looks like just a bunch of network related stuff, but there is a mention of VOLTE too. I found that menu by accident, through an app I installed from play store.

If you're just looking to try enabling VOLTE, check the Phh Treble thing in Settings. No guarantees though, VOLTE depends mostly on your device/carrier.

Besides that code and the one for IMEI, I'm not aware of any others. If that menu isn't what you're looking for, then I'd suggest reflashing stock, do what you need to do, then come back to a GSI whenever. What is it exactly that you're trying to accomplish? Be aware that engineering modes are potentially dangerous to play around in, because they're meant for...engineers/developers. not average people. Just be careful what options you change, there could be irreversible effects. Look but don't touch, unless you really know what you're doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: lazo41

lazo41

Nov 27, 2009
Xiaomi 11T
Maybe you can try the code *#*#4636#*#*. Looks like just a bunch of network related stuff, but there is a mention of VOLTE too. I found that menu by accident, through an app I installed from play store.

If you're just looking to try enabling VOLTE, check the Phh Treble thing in Settings. No guarantees though, VOLTE depends mostly on your device/carrier.

Besides that code and the one for IMEI, I'm not aware of any others. If that menu isn't what you're looking for, then I'd suggest reflashing stock, do what you need to do, then come back to a GSI whenever. What is it exactly that you're trying to accomplish? Be aware that engineering modes are potentially dangerous to play around in, because they're meant for...engineers/developers. not average people. Just be careful what options you change, there could be irreversible effects. Look but don't touch, unless you really know what you're doing.
In phones sold through official channels in countries, these settings come as presets for that country, but recently, products produced for many different regions are also used in different places. For this reason, some settings must be made by you in order to benefit from the services of your current provider. for this reason i need here for the configuration i have to choose for volte to work.

aa.jpg

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
In phones sold through official channels in countries, these settings come as presets for that country, but recently, products produced for many different regions are also used in different places. For this reason, some settings must be made by you in order to benefit from the services of your current provider. for this reason i need here for the configuration i have to choose for volte to work.

NcView attachment 5767571
That's look pretty advanced. It's def not the networking menu I referenced. Honestly I think you're going to have to revert to stock to make the changes you need, then reflash a GSI when you're ready. The changes might carry over, they might not. You haven't tried using the options in Phh Treble menu to get VOLTE working?

I'm using a Galaxy Tab S7+ 5g, which doesn't support VOLTE. And a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5g that does. The catch is that the models I have are devices imported from Korea to the US. VOLTE should work in their intended home regions, but I've had no luck enabling it with T-Mobile. I don't really care that it doesn't work, it doesn't bother me much. The reason I chose these models is because the Korean models are easy to bootloader unlock, root, and install a custom ROM on. Either way, my signal reception is good everywhere I go, and 5g/4g works. That's really all I care about.

Last edited:

lazo41

Nov 27, 2009
Xiaomi 11T
That's look pretty advanced. It's def not the networking menu I referenced. Honestly I think you're going to have to revert to stock to make the changes you need, then reflash a GSI when you're ready. The changes might carry over, they might not. You haven't tried using the options in Phh Treble menu to get VOLTE working?

I'm using a Galaxy Tab S7+ 5g, which doesn't support VOLTE. And a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5g that does. The catch is that the models I have are devices imported from Korea to the US. VOLTE should work in their intended home regions, but I've had no luck enabling it with T-Mobile. I don't really care that it doesn't work, it doesn't bother me much. The reason I chose these models is because the Korean models are easy to bootloader unlock, root, and install a custom ROM on. Either way, my signal reception is good everywhere I go, and 5g/4g works. That's really all I care about.
I made the necessary settings from phh menu. I need these settings to activate the volte. It contains my carrier's settings. Thank you for your interest and help.

Laminesls

Aug 26, 2021
Very happy with this GSI ROM. I'm using it on a Realme Q3 Pro and it has resolved a lot of the typical annoyances I have with manufacturer skinned ROMs. Everything is working flawlessly except the hole punch isn't avoided in the UI. This isn't my primary phone so it's really more of a minor inconvenience than a deal breaker. I wanted to donate, but phhusson isn't ready for new payments on liberapay and I couldn't find a donate link for ponces. Thank you for all your effort making Android phones better!
Coool bro i have some device can you helping me to flash it?

vassiliszacharis

Oct 6, 2020
Do you know if this particular GSI ROM works on Lenovo tablets? The only one worked for me was leaneage unofficial bgs.img...is it bgs.ing for pixel experience mates 🙂?

gr3uh

Apr 13, 2022
Ohio
GtwTyCR.png

Pixel Experience for GSI

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)
Their mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device
Based on Android 12

What is working?
Almost everything
These are beta builds so expect some bugs

Known issues
Same issues of phh's AOSP

Download
Github

Telegram
Pixel Experience GSI

Translation
Help with project translation

Blog
Pixel Experience

Donate
jhenrique09
phhusson
AndyYan
eremitein
kdrag0n
ponces

hey i am looking for a gsi for my Moto G 5G 2022 (Austin) I am a noob i dont know where to find any that will actually work... the device is a mt6833 MediaTek Dimensity 700 and is on android 12... i'd like maybe an android 13 gsi like pixel experience but have no idea where to start.

dbjungle

Jul 4, 2009
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
Bro send me how you unlock bootloader and need twrp file for a12 rui3.0 latest plz
You have to go to the Chinese Realme forum and download the Realme Q3 Pro specific Deep Testing APK to apply to unlock your bootloader. I do not have anything TWRP related for this phone. I did it knowing it might not be possible to get back to stock. There are some recovery ROMs floating around on the internet, but I haven't tried to use them because if it doesn't work then I will be stuck with a brick. I'm currently not using the phone ATM. I will maybe try a different GSI at some point because the updates of this ROM bootloop on my phone and if the ROM is 2 months out of date for the Android security patch then the battery drain becomes unbearable. The Q3 Pro has been sitting in a tablet sleeve for a few months now. I swapped back to using my Xiaomi Mi 8 SE as my secondary device.

Laminesls

Aug 26, 2021
You have to go to the Chinese Realme forum and download the Realme Q3 Pro specific Deep Testing APK to apply to unlock your bootloader. I do not have anything TWRP related for this phone. I did it knowing it might not be possible to get back to stock. There are some recovery ROMs floating around on the internet, but I haven't tried to use them because if it doesn't work then I will be stuck with a brick. I'm currently not using the phone ATM. I will maybe try a different GSI at some point because the updates of this ROM bootloop on my phone and if the ROM is 2 months out of date for the Android security patch then the battery drain becomes unbearable. The Q3 Pro has been sitting in a tablet sleeve for a few months now. I swapped back to using my Xiaomi Mi 8 SE as my secondary device.
Ah ok thnx iwill buy new one
Realme gt neo2 or realme gt 5g
Wish one best for customzetion

dbjungle

Jul 4, 2009
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
Ah ok thnx iwill buy new one
Realme gt neo2 or realme gt 5g
Wish one best for customzetion
I'm not sure. I didn't see my Q3 Pro to be great for customization. I have previously had the best experience with Xiaomi devices, but lately the new ones get less device specific ROMs. My favorite series is the Google Pixel a-series phones. Xiaomi phone with a Snapdragon seems like a safe bet though.

Laminesls

Aug 26, 2021
I'm not sure. I didn't see my Q3 Pro to be great for customization. I have previously had the best experience with Xiaomi devices, but lately the new ones get less device specific ROMs. My favorite series is the Google Pixel a-series phones. Xiaomi phone with a Snapdragon seems like a safe bet though.
Ok bro in need only root in q3 pro can you help me plz

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-03-20-51-05-63_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-03-20-51-05-63_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 32

13didounet

Dec 9, 2021
Lenovo P11
Hi everyone
I try to install Pixel 13 but I have problems
Lenovo P11 plus 616f mediatek not twrp
- system arm 64 ab img xz
- device uses dynamic partitions
I managed to install the rom in DSU and it works
I start with a stock A12 rom and I managed to unlock the bootloader and it's after that it gets stuck.
I tried several tutorials all different.
Some use vbmeta, boot, fastbootd and others not and in the end I find myself in fasboot and I have to use spflashtools
If someone can help me, it would be nice
Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bottom edge gesture navigation not functioning starting with this 230104 release. Lenovo XF-606F.
    Because, Pixel Launcher crash repeadetly?
    Probably. After a repeatedly crashing Pixel Launcher, I moved to Nova Launcher which did not crash for this test. However, the bottom gesture navigation died on Nova Launcher.
    GSI versions that flash on Motorola devices.

I've notice only GSI build version "S" flashes.
    Versions bgN and bvN never boot up.

Can the developers make builds "bvS and "bgS.

Thank you if you can. Only developers @AndyYan and @chon doe that I found make bvS and bgS builds.
    Cherish OS 13 and Superior OS 13 and Lineage OS 13.

I want to try pixel 13 GSI but won't boot..

Thanks again for all the hard work...
    GtwTyCR.png

Pixel Experience for GSI

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)
    Their mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device
    Based on Android 12

What is working?
    Almost everything
    These are beta builds so expect some bugs

Known issues
    Same issues of phh's AOSP

Download
    Github

Telegram
    Pixel Experience GSI

Translation
    Help with project translation

Blog
    Pixel Experience

Donate
    jhenrique09
    phhusson
    AndyYan
    eremitein
    kdrag0n
    ponces

Pixel Experience 12.0 v400.h released!

Download here!

Changelog:
    Read these notes very carefully before flashing!
    Pixel Experience 12.0 v400.a released!

Changelog:
    Notes:
    • Don't ask for PE+ builds as they will come later in time. In the past, PE team took nearly four months to release the first builds of PE+ after releasing regular PE builds. Based on PE's team predictions, it should arrive in a month or so!
    • Use the slim variant if you have a small system partition (without Drive, Gmail, Maps, Photos, Recorder, Wallpapers and Google app)
    • Finally, take in consideration phh's notes that should also apply here:
    • This is a pre-release. This is not considered daily-drivable, though your mileage may vary.
    • As you'll notice, there is no A-only variant at the moment. It is still undecided whether A-only variants will later appear.
    • If you want unshared_blocks/read-write system, use vndklite variants. Non-vndklite devices are capable of running vndklite variants.
    Pixel Experience 12.0 v400.c released!

Changelog:
    Read these notes very carefully before flashing!