• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GSI][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 Modified [TEST][XT1952-2]

Search This thread
Mar 30, 2020
MODIFIED EXCLUSIVELY FOR MOTO G7 PLAY

WARNING
Do not try to install this via fastboot, remove the magisk, to remove just reinstall the Stock Rom

MAIN FEATURES
Root modified by Spaceminer
More speed
Added multiple apps
Several useless apps removed
Black theme automatically enabled in all supported applications
Gapps already installed
Notch fix
And more

DOES NOT WORK
Fingerprint
Automatic brightness

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION
1. Download and extract
2. Put the GSI on your memory card
3. Restart your phone in Bootloader / Fastboot mode
4. Open fastboot on your computer
use the command: fastboot -w
use the command: fastboot boot twrp.img
5. TWRP: Install> Install image> Choose image file> Flash on the system

DOWNLOADS
TWRP by Spaceminer: https://mega.nz/#!roRzBCTK!THHq0VMWqgtowJNkY-Id3b9S9H9dhzsJhE83k0Kvt2k
GSI: https://www.drive.google.com/file/d/1000HaJJqMdGyOtEd7ribp4n5Eb9l-3my/view

Last edited:

CFKod

Thanks man.

Managed to get magisk working with this rom..alongside twrp

Simply install latest magisk canary APK (284). Give it super user when it asks and restart the app

Then when clicking install...it gave me option of direct install (make sure recovery is selected). It should install successfully

I then rebooted to bootloader and to get to twrp hold volume up after selecting recovery and dont hold anything to boot back to Los..

Can't share my boot image if that helps anyone

BobbyBlunt

Jan 3, 2014
Thanks man.

Managed to get magisk working with this rom..alongside twrp

Simply install latest magisk canary APK (284). Give it super user when it asks and restart the app

Then when clicking install...it gave me option of direct install (make sure recovery is selected). It should install successfully

I then rebooted to bootloader and to get to twrp hold volume up after selecting recovery and dont hold anything to boot back to Los..

Can't share my boot image if that helps anyone

I gave it a try. It did indeed let me patch directly. It was very unstable. Things asking for su multiple times and not remembering my choice, certain modules not installing, and I always seemed to lose root entirely after rebooting

ncookit

May 18, 2020
rom works great, feels like a new phone.
model XT1952-4.

not working unfortunately is the FM radio.
based on the error message when trying to install FM apps, it looks like the kernel driver was not included in the rom?
I can deal with the fingerprint not working, it would be really nice to get the FM driver included so I don't have to use data.
Overall the phone is so much better with this rom, Thank You!!!!

Last edited:

gadolf

May 23, 2020
Hi, probably a stupid question, considering I'm new: what does this differ from the Lineage OS instructions for Moto G7 Play at their web site? I mean, why shouldn't I stick with their instructions?
I just want to understand what is at stake here (again, I'm new at this world of smartphone os's)
I'm really interested in replacing Android (which I like, but it's... Google :( ) and all carrier bloatware stuff by a free OS.

EDIT: Nevermind. I've just realized that it isn't for the G7 Play, it's for G7 only. Sorry about this (maybe useful for other newbies like me)

Last edited:

XxLilJeepXx

Dec 31, 2018
Thanks for all the work

Everything seems stable been using on daily driver for 2 days now. Only issue is bluetooth audio not working. I'm wondering if the Motorola face unlock app would work however current version isn't available.

XxLilJeepXx

Dec 31, 2018
Hi, probably a stupid question, considering I'm new: what does this differ from the Lineage OS instructions for Moto G7 Play at their web site? I mean, why shouldn't I stick with their instructions?
I just want to understand what is at stake here (again, I'm new at this world of smartphone os's)
I'm really interested in replacing Android (which I like, but it's... Google :( ) and all carrier bloatware stuff by a free OS.

EDIT: Nevermind. I've just realized that it isn't for the G7 Play, it's for G7 only. Sorry about this (maybe useful for other newbies like me)

I'm using this on a Moto g⁷ Play in the USA, currently it's pretty stable. As for what's at stake, you lose access to Bluetooth audio, fingerprint & faceunlock unless you have SD card formated as portable storage and manage to get magisk working. There's a fix for Bluetooth Audio with magisk or ADB but I don't remember what the command was. Also as for magisk you should be able to fix atleast faceunlock because Motorola uses an app for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: yashor

yashor

Aug 18, 2014
I'm using this on a Moto g⁷ Play in the USA, currently it's pretty stable. As for what's at stake, you lose access to Bluetooth audio, fingerprint & faceunlock unless you have SD card formated as portable storage and manage to get magisk working. There's a fix for Bluetooth Audio with magisk or ADB but I don't remember what the command was. Also as for magisk you should be able to fix atleast faceunlock because Motorola uses an app for it.
Thank you very much for sharing. I await your further results if any new issues arise to proceed with installing Lineage OS 17

PoochyX

Oct 23, 2016
Good job with the notch feels good to swipe down properly I’m encountering a issue the captive login appears to be broken I can’t sign into any WiFi’s that need a portal entry the portal screen doesn’t come up also I found how to get magisk to work properly With twrp u need the newest canary version and u have to patch directly (have recovery option enabled) which u use the root of this rom to achieve that after that backup boot image in twrp which will leave it with the magisk patched and twrp after reinstall the rom remove the phh root and restore yeh boot image in twrp and reboot to recovery from twrp and install magisk manager just note it’s lineage that makes magisk act up hence certain apps not obtaining root is lineage fault cause with another GSI like havoc which this method works for also (works with all GSIs to my knowledge) there no root app issues or modules not working just noticed that on lineage

XxLilJeepXx

Dec 31, 2018
workin on fixing phone

Thank you very much for sharing. I await your further results if any new issues arise to proceed with installing Lineage OS 17

phone no longer working because of trying to install magisk but I'll be trying to fix with LMSA and then using @PoochyX's instructions tomorrow

Edit: LMSA is now Rescue and Smart Assistant, I just tried to restore it with this but it needs to be on stock firmware to restore.

Last edited:

PoochyX

Oct 23, 2016
phone no longer working because of trying to install magisk but I'll be trying to fix with LMSA and then using @PoochyX's instructions tomorrow

Edit: LMSA is now Rescue and Smart Assistant, I just tried to restore it with this but it needs to be on stock firmware to restore.

Why not just boot into bootloader mode and fast boot stock firmware to recover your device ?

yashor

Aug 18, 2014
Good job with the notch feels good to swipe down properly I’m encountering a issue the captive login appears to be broken I can’t sign into any WiFi’s that need a portal entry the portal screen doesn’t come up also I found how to get magisk to work properly With twrp u need the newest canary version and u have to patch directly (have recovery option enabled) which u use the root of this rom to achieve that after that backup boot image in twrp which will leave it with the magisk patched and twrp after reinstall the rom remove the phh root and restore yeh boot image in twrp and reboot to recovery from twrp and install magisk manager just note it’s lineage that makes magisk act up hence certain apps not obtaining root is lineage fault cause with another GSI like havoc which this method works for also (works with all GSIs to my knowledge) there no root app issues or modules not working just noticed that on lineage

Hi,
From your experience which GSI is better for MOTO G7 Play 1952-2:
Havoc or Lineage ?

PoochyX

Oct 23, 2016
It depends on what u trying to do exactly if u a heavy Magisk user u want to stay away from lineage and use havoc since magisk plays well with it if u don’t care about magisk and just want a simple root then this rom be a good experience for other then rom WiFi portal issues this rom it’s excellent cause it’s the only one with the notch fix if that fix was easily implemented out this rom and could be used with another GSI that would of been fantastic...

yashor

Aug 18, 2014
It depends on what u trying to do exactly if u a heavy Magisk user u want to stay away from lineage and use havoc since magisk plays well with it if u don’t care about magisk and just want a simple root then this rom be a good experience for other then rom WiFi portal issues this rom it’s excellent cause it’s the only one with the notch fix if that fix was easily implemented out this rom and could be used with another GSI that would of been fantastic...
Thank you for your reply.
I favor stability and performance over Magisk.
In my case, do your recommend Lineage as my best option to try?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MODIFIED EXCLUSIVELY FOR MOTO G7 PLAY

WARNING
    Do not try to install this via fastboot, remove the magisk, to remove just reinstall the Stock Rom

MAIN FEATURES
    Root modified by Spaceminer
    More speed
    Added multiple apps
    Several useless apps removed
    Black theme automatically enabled in all supported applications
    Gapps already installed
    Notch fix
    And more

DOES NOT WORK
    Fingerprint
    Automatic brightness

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION
    1. Download and extract
    2. Put the GSI on your memory card
    3. Restart your phone in Bootloader / Fastboot mode
    4. Open fastboot on your computer
    use the command: fastboot -w
    use the command: fastboot boot twrp.img
    5. TWRP: Install> Install image> Choose image file> Flash on the system

DOWNLOADS
    TWRP by Spaceminer: https://mega.nz/#!roRzBCTK!THHq0VMWqgtowJNkY-Id3b9S9H9dhzsJhE83k0Kvt2k
    GSI: https://www.drive.google.com/file/d/1000HaJJqMdGyOtEd7ribp4n5Eb9l-3my/view
    So I tested the newest magisk canary and it's not able to patch directly to twrp like the previous one was able to for anyone that needs it I have a patched img of magisk and twrp avaliable for right away use

([emoji88]Havoc GSI[emoji88])

Why not just boot into bootloader mode and fast boot stock firmware to recover your device ?

Got phone working any idea how to fix Bluetooth without magisk?

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

Portal WiFi login works I tested using Hospital WiFi near a bus stop, webview needs to be updated.