Question GSI without TWRP

Search This thread

Insomniac05

Aug 31, 2020
Samsung Galaxy J7
Xiaomi Mi A3
It is possible but involves a heck ton of work you basically need to extract an entire GSI and compress each file using lz4 then repack them the way Samsung does and flash using Odin

The work involved in repacking the GSI in Samsung's format when there is no guarantee what issues the GSi will coz with the device makes it not a very suitable option

But yeah you can try for the heck of it, here's a thread that might help you

It is possible but involves a heck ton of work you basically need to extract an entire GSI and compress each file using lz4 then repack them the way Samsung does and flash using Odin

The work involved in repacking the GSI in Samsung's format when there is no guarantee what issues the GSi will coz with the device makes it not a very suitable option

ok i'll try it thank you!

GyuminLeo

Feb 1, 2020
LG G4
LG V20

I have tried the tutorial but in the tutorial it says I need
boot.img.lz4
dqmdbg.img.ext4.lz4
dtbo.img.lz4
persist.img.ext4.lz4
recovery.img.lz4
system.img.ext4.lz4
userdata.img.ext4.lz4
vbmeta.img.lz4
vendor.img.ext4.lz4

these files but I only have
boot.img.lz4
dtbo.img.lz4
recovery.img.lz4
system.img.ext4.lz4
userdata.img.ext4.lz4
vbmeta.img.lz4

And when I flash it like it says in the tutorial I cannot flash system.img.ext4 and fails
Is there anymore ways to do this? tried it with Lineage OS 19.0

Insomniac05

Aug 31, 2020
Samsung Galaxy J7
Xiaomi Mi A3
I have tried the tutorial but in the tutorial it says I need
boot.img.lz4
dqmdbg.img.ext4.lz4
dtbo.img.lz4
persist.img.ext4.lz4
recovery.img.lz4
system.img.ext4.lz4
userdata.img.ext4.lz4
vbmeta.img.lz4
vendor.img.ext4.lz4
these files but I only have
boot.img.lz4
dtbo.img.lz4
recovery.img.lz4
system.img.ext4.lz4
userdata.img.ext4.lz4
vbmeta.img.lz4

And when I flash it like it says in the tutorial I cannot flash system.img.ext4 and fails
Is there anymore ways to do this? tried it with Lineage OS 19.0
not really since samsung has no fastboot mode
try renaming system.img.ext4.lz4 as super.img.lz4 as that's the name of the file in stock

GyuminLeo

Feb 1, 2020
LG G4
LG V20
not really since samsung has no fastboot mode
try renaming system.img.ext4.lz4 as super.img.lz4 as that's the name of the file in stock
So the flash itself went well without any errors. But the tablet is in a boot loop. When it boots Samsung Galaxy logo appears and reboots. This tablet is running Android 11 so do I need to install Android 11 Lineage OS?

Insomniac05

Aug 31, 2020
Samsung Galaxy J7
Xiaomi Mi A3
So the flash itself went well without any errors. But the tablet is in a boot loop. When it boots Samsung Galaxy logo appears and reboots. This tablet is running Android 11 so do I need to install Android 11 Lineage OS?
Nope don't think the android version would have anything to do with it is probably the os not working properly
Maybe try some other GSI like pixel experience to see if they work

GyuminLeo

Feb 1, 2020
LG G4
LG V20
Samsung's stock recovery is kinda strange so not sure if it could be used with some other device' twrp then mixed and mashed together to port the twrp
Probably needs to be built from the ground up
Oh ok thanks. And I was able to root this device but can I install a custom rom from that state? Tab was rooted with Samsung's default firmware with magisk installed