GSI

Search This thread

aL_09

Mar 29, 2019
I just recently know about GSI (Generic System Name). So, I'm wandering if Google drop support for Pixel device, we still can have stock android via GSI right? And why didn't ROM developer just resolve to use this method? I am a dumbass, please educate me!

@aL_09
Start going in these telegram groups that are linked in some of the ops where our roms are. Google search "Marlin afh" and check out what's out there. There are still a few people building for Marlin. And we have LOS17 and Pixel Dust 10 that are active and some bad ass pie roms that aren't that old... You can use GSIs. I've flashed a few but all the ones I've tried seem to have issues with ril and have SIM card unavailable and no data and I haven't found a work around yet. But I just started crackflashing GSI's on this device.. If and when I find some solid ones I'll shoot you a message. But download telegram app and subscribe to the devs on our rom sections groups and look around from time to time. You'll find some good stuff! :)

Last edited:

Help The Peace

Oct 19, 2014
@aL_09
Start going in these telegram groups that are linked in some of the ops where our roms are. Google search "Marlin afh" and check out what's out there. There are still a few people building for Marlin. And we have LOS17 and Pixel Dust 10 that are active and some bad ass pie roms that aren't that old... You can use GSIs. I've flashed a few but all the ones I've tried seem to have issues with ril and have SIM card unavailable and no data and I haven't found a work around yet. But I just started crackflashing GSI's on this device.. If and when I find some solid ones I'll shoot you a message. But download telegram app and subscribe to the devs on our rom sections groups and look around from time to time. You'll find some good stuff! :)

Hey there!

Because Android 11 Beta 1 was released yesterday there are new GSI builds available. The OG Pixel XL is supposed to support GSIs. Can you explain me how I flash that onto my old Marlin (Pixel XL) device?

Hey there!

Because Android 11 Beta 1 was released yesterday there are new GSI builds available. The OG Pixel XL is supposed to support GSIs. Can you explain me how I flash that onto my old Marlin (Pixel XL) device?

You should be able to find the information that you're looking for here https://developer.android.com/topic/generic-system-image/releases#android-gsi-11
If I were you I'd wait. While there's no guarantee I'm pretty sure android 11 roms will be available at some point made for the XL. The Pixel XL is an A/B partition device. Just always make a backup and transfer it on to a thumb drive or your computer before you start installing anything and always have your factory image handy and know how to use fastboot and adb so you can recover if something goes wrong. This whole Android thing is all about reading and searching. Just installing things without knowing what's really going on and how to recover is risky and I would not suggest it.

Last edited:

Help The Peace

Oct 19, 2014
You should be able to find the information that you're looking for here https://developer.android.com/topic/generic-system-image/releases#android-gsi-11
If I were you I'd wait. While there's no guarantee I'm pretty sure android 11 roms will be available at some point made for the XL. The Pixel XL is an A/B partition device. Just always make a backup and transfer it on to a thumb drive or your computer before you start installing anything and always have your factory image handy and know how to use fastboot and adb so you can recover if something goes wrong. This whole Android thing is all about reading and searching. Just installing things without knowing what's really going on and how to recover is risky and I would not suggest it.

I actually checked out that thread already. I followed the link what to do when the partition size isn't big enough initially. But it didn't work for me. So I guess you're right. I shouldn't flash the GSI and instead wait for Android 11 builds for Marlin. <3

petiolarissean

Oct 19, 2013
Gsi don't boot on marlin
Also marlin not caf devices either
Join lunarixus chat on telegram and few build for marlin,sailfish,taimen
Sean

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I'm on bliss myself

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there!