• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

GSII Rugged Case?

Search This thread

nureaufan

Jun 3, 2011
I am looking for a rugged case for my GSII. I recently got the otterbox commuter case. I love otterbox but was a little disappointed when they did not release the defender case for the device. Has anyone run across a rugged case for the GSII? I tried the Case-mate tough case but honestly feel like the otterbox commuter has better protection. Thanks in advance for any leads!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Redneck6977

Sep 26, 2011
i dont know if i am to late to help or not

i have had the same problem and i think i have found one that will do what i want and maybe what you want from what i have researched about it .. here is the link for a nice cast for the GS II hope you find this helpful ...

pdair.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=10100000_10000000_11001206&products_id=33047

1xinfusion

May 15, 2008
Toronto
www.htko.ca
There are a couple threads on this already. I just posted replies to two of them regarding the same question.

My answer was metal case. find taurus / sweet armor / akiba slider for galaxy s2.

If you're looking to protect the back as well perhaps the two layer plastic cases may work? or frosted matte TPU/silicon cases are pretty good too as they are very form fitting (no gaps like old silicon case)

barnefko

Feb 23, 2009
Using the casemate tough now for one month. On-screen i got the martin fields protectors.

Case gets 10/10 stars for my purposes. Phones been dropped couple of times now without damage!
Can strongly recommend the casemate tough!

greets