• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

GSIs for Mi NOTE 10 - Android 9 and 10 Guide

Search This thread

ndzaky

Nov 5, 2013
Yogyakarta
I was on MIUI 20.6.11 -MiRoom when I flashed the Bliss GSI, my exact steps where:
  1. Flash Latest OrangeFox Recovery
  2. Formata Data
  3. Format dalvik and cache
  4. Reboot to Recovery
  5. Flash GSI -Arm64-AB or BvN depending on the owner
  6. Go to Data in the manage partition menu and resize partition
  7. Flash Opengapps, I used 10.0 Pico
  8. Restart system

Admittedly, I flashed the GSI but not the gapps first, just to see if it would boot, which it did. then I formatted only cache and dalvik, then resized and flashed Gapps. and it booted and took me right into the setup from the notification that came up when it booted.

Is it really necessary to resize partition ? It seems risky for me.

deathhall

Nov 20, 2014
Springfield
Any tutorial to do it ? Which partition need to resize ? Data or System ? And what size to get enough space ? If I want to go back to MIUI, is there will be an error because I modified it's partition ? Sorry I have so many questions :confused:
Using OrangeFox, there's a menu called Manage Partitions, using that you resize System, its one button you dont have to enter anything you just press and swipe, if you go back It should fix its self when you flash stock zip

Sent from my MI CC9 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: ndzaky

LDP12

Nov 28, 2018
Cape Town
Resizing System is a must, it won't allow Gapps flash if you don't - as mentioned by @deathhall.

Just a side note: Through my time, the last few weeks/month, testing GSIs on our device, I have found standard TWRP and SHRP (Sky Hawk Recovery Project) to cooperate best with System Images. With these recoveries - to resize system partition - simply click on Wipe>Advanced Wipe>System>Resize System and then Swipe. After swipe, it should allow Gapps flash with no errors.

iSonik

Dec 7, 2010
I was on MIUI 20.6.11 -MiRoom when I flashed the Bliss GSI, my exact steps where:
  1. Flash Latest OrangeFox Recovery
  2. Formata Data
  3. Format dalvik and cache
  4. Reboot to Recovery
  5. Flash GSI -Arm64-AB or BvN depending on the owner
  6. Go to Data in the manage partition menu and resize partition
  7. Flash Opengapps, I used 10.0 Pico
  8. Restart system

Admittedly, I flashed the GSI but not the gapps first, just to see if it would boot, which it did. then I formatted only cache and dalvik, then resized and flashed Gapps. and it booted and took me right into the setup from the notification that came up when it booted.

Weird, Just wont boot for me. Tried from Miui 11 and Miui 10

Reactions: BASS55

iSonik

Dec 7, 2010
Glad to hear that it worked coming from MIUI 12. Havoc is actually one of the few I haven't tested properly, very cool that face unlock works.

Which version of Havoc are you using?

Yeah. thought Miui 11 Q should have also worked, but apparently Miui 12 does the trick. I am running Havoc 3.6 now.
I also updated the first post so there is a proper guide for Android Q now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, since there is not alot of development going on for our device, i thought we could maybe work together to get something done four our Mi Note 10.

Android Q (10) Guide

1) Flash Miui 12 beta
    2) Flash Latest OrangeFox Recovery
    3) Format Data
    4) Wipe dalvik and cache
    5) Reboot to Recovery
    6) Flash an GSI of your choice (Arm64-AB)
    7)Resize the system partition
    8) Optional: Flash Opengapps
    9) Optional: Flash Magisk
    Restart system

Enjoy
    (Big thanks to deathhall)

For me Havoc Q works really well, also face unlock works with Havoc
    Havoc specific bugs: SMS doesnt work with 4G, Gcam works only with the main lens and frontfacing lens
    Havoc 3.6

Android Pie (9) Guide

How to flash these on the Mi Note 10?
    1) Flash Orange Fox TWRP
    2) Factory reset in TWRP / format Data!
    4) Fastboot: fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    5) Download the ARM64-AB version of your desired rom
    6) Flash AB system.img of your GSI in TWRP
    7) Flash magisk
    8) reboot
    That worked for me with both GSIs

Lineage OS 16.0
    HAVOC OS 2.9

Whats not working?
    - Fingerprint (Needs custom overlay)
    - Automatic Brightness (Needs custom overlay)
    - Camera works fine, but Video seems a little bit weird
    - NFC, but this can be fixed with a magisk module

NFC FIX
    Kind of a fix for automatic brightness
    Video fix

If you have weird notification sounds delete the SoundFX folder from /Vendor/lib and /Vendor/lib64

Framework-res.apk (Provided by ChriZer)
    Has anyone tried the custom ROM gsi ancient os?

Yes, it works but didnt like it too much personally
    Status?

Is anybody using the LOS GSI as a daily driver?
    If there is just the small amount of bugs like in the description, it might be fine for now. At least for me.

Or are there other small bugs 'not worth mentioning' ?

In another parallel thread 'Will there be a custom ROM?', two heros decided to work on our phone... I wish them the best! :)
    Thank you! And what about Vendor?

Btw, How is battery and performance compared to miui12?
    Thank you!

No, don't wipe Vendor.

Battery life is significantly better than MIUI and I must say, I personally, generally favor GSIs in terms of performance/battery balance.

Short answer: Better than MIUI 12 for me.
    Is necesary to wipe system When coming from miui12.eu? Or just the wipes said in the first post?

I have found that wiping system is best in most cases but it's not 100% necessary. It actually depends on the GSI being flashed.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I copied build.prop to SDCard using TWRP. Edit it with file manager, and copy build.prop again to system using TWRP

What GSI are you using? I'm currently using Evolution X GSI and audio jack works perfectly...