• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

GSIs for Mi NOTE 10 - Android 9 and 10 Guide

Search This thread

LDP12

Nov 28, 2018
Cape Town
Is necesary to wipe system When coming from miui12.eu? Or just the wipes said in the first post?

I have found that wiping system is best in most cases but it's not 100% necessary. It actually depends on the GSI being flashed.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I copied build.prop to SDCard using TWRP. Edit it with file manager, and copy build.prop again to system using TWRP

What GSI are you using? I'm currently using Evolution X GSI and audio jack works perfectly...

Reactions: ndzaky and Jcs4

ndzaky

Nov 5, 2013
Yogyakarta
I have found that wiping system is best in most cases but it's not 100% necessary. It actually depends on the GSI being flashed.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

What GSI are you using? I'm currently using Evolution X GSI and audio jack works perfectly...

So it could be problem from GSI then. I'm using Havoc. So changing ROM is an alternative for now. Does AOD work in Evolution X ?

iSonik

Dec 7, 2010
Is necesary to wipe system When comino from miui12 .eu? Or just the wipes said in the first post?

In my opinion not. But flash the rom , resize system and then install gapps without rebooting inbetween

Yes, it could be a GSI specific issue. I can confirm audio jack works perfectly on Evolution X from ExpressLukeGSI. .

Do you have a working gcam with all lenses?

Reactions: Jcs4

LDP12

Nov 28, 2018
Cape Town
So the audiojack works for you with these zips? i flashed them and nothing changed

Edit: Flashed them twice, works now! thx

No problem, glad I could help.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Anybody else experiencing it rebooting to MIUI 12 after following the steps?

This is why I advised wiping System along with Dalvik, Cache and Data. If you wipe System it won't boot to MIUI 12, it'll force boot into GSI.

A side note: Some GSIs require flashing twice. Flash>System Image>Reboot>Recovery>Flash>System Image>Reboot>System.

guzado

Feb 19, 2015
São Paulo
So, since there is not alot of development going on for our device, i thought we could maybe work together to get something done four our Mi Note 10.

Android Q (10) Guide

1) Flash Miui 12 beta
2) Flash Latest OrangeFox Recovery
3) Format Data
4) Wipe dalvik and cache
5) Reboot to Recovery
6) Flash an GSI of your choice (Arm64-AB)
7)Resize the system partition
8) Optional: Flash Opengapps
9) Optional: Flash Magisk
Restart system

Enjoy
(Big thanks to deathhall)

For me Havoc Q works really well, also face unlock works with Havoc
Havoc specific bugs: SMS doesnt work with 4G, Gcam works only with the main lens and frontfacing lens
Havoc 3.6

Android Pie (9) Guide

How to flash these on the Mi Note 10?
1) Flash Orange Fox TWRP
2) Factory reset in TWRP / format Data!
4) Fastboot: fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
5) Download the ARM64-AB version of your desired rom
6) Flash AB system.img of your GSI in TWRP
7) Flash magisk
8) reboot
That worked for me with both GSIs

Lineage OS 16.0
HAVOC OS 2.9

Whats not working?
- Fingerprint (Needs custom overlay)
- Automatic Brightness (Needs custom overlay)
- Camera works fine, but Video seems a little bit weird
- NFC, but this can be fixed with a magisk module

NFC FIX
Kind of a fix for automatic brightness
Video fix

If you have weird notification sounds delete the SoundFX folder from /Vendor/lib and /Vendor/lib64

Framework-res.apk (Provided by ChriZer)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4952739&d=1581959290

Thx for the tutorial, successfully running havoc 3.6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, since there is not alot of development going on for our device, i thought we could maybe work together to get something done four our Mi Note 10.

Android Q (10) Guide

1) Flash Miui 12 beta
    2) Flash Latest OrangeFox Recovery
    3) Format Data
    4) Wipe dalvik and cache
    5) Reboot to Recovery
    6) Flash an GSI of your choice (Arm64-AB)
    7)Resize the system partition
    8) Optional: Flash Opengapps
    9) Optional: Flash Magisk
    Restart system

Enjoy
    (Big thanks to deathhall)

For me Havoc Q works really well, also face unlock works with Havoc
    Havoc specific bugs: SMS doesnt work with 4G, Gcam works only with the main lens and frontfacing lens
    Havoc 3.6

Android Pie (9) Guide

How to flash these on the Mi Note 10?
    1) Flash Orange Fox TWRP
    2) Factory reset in TWRP / format Data!
    4) Fastboot: fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    5) Download the ARM64-AB version of your desired rom
    6) Flash AB system.img of your GSI in TWRP
    7) Flash magisk
    8) reboot
    That worked for me with both GSIs

Lineage OS 16.0
    HAVOC OS 2.9

Whats not working?
    - Fingerprint (Needs custom overlay)
    - Automatic Brightness (Needs custom overlay)
    - Camera works fine, but Video seems a little bit weird
    - NFC, but this can be fixed with a magisk module

NFC FIX
    Kind of a fix for automatic brightness
    Video fix

If you have weird notification sounds delete the SoundFX folder from /Vendor/lib and /Vendor/lib64

Framework-res.apk (Provided by ChriZer)
    Has anyone tried the custom ROM gsi ancient os?

Yes, it works but didnt like it too much personally
    Status?

Is anybody using the LOS GSI as a daily driver?
    If there is just the small amount of bugs like in the description, it might be fine for now. At least for me.

Or are there other small bugs 'not worth mentioning' ?

In another parallel thread 'Will there be a custom ROM?', two heros decided to work on our phone... I wish them the best! :)
    Thank you! And what about Vendor?

Btw, How is battery and performance compared to miui12?
    Thank you!

No, don't wipe Vendor.

Battery life is significantly better than MIUI and I must say, I personally, generally favor GSIs in terms of performance/battery balance.

Short answer: Better than MIUI 12 for me.
    Is necesary to wipe system When coming from miui12.eu? Or just the wipes said in the first post?

I copied build.prop to SDCard using TWRP. Edit it with file manager, and copy build.prop again to system using TWRP