To install the Leak, follow these steps:

- Download the Leak: Netload.in OR Rapidshare.com

- Download the 2.3.6 T-Mobile: Download

- Reboot into Moto Recovery and perform a full wipe/ factory reset

- Reboot DIRECTLY into Fastboot AP and flash the 2.3.6 T-Mobile Rom with RSD

- root your device with motofail

- Download the voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from play store and install it

- open rootkeeper and click on backup root, then click on temp. unroot

- extract the zip file from the ICS Leak zip archive (you will get another zip file), then put the extracted zip file to the root of your external sd-card

- reboot your device into Moto recovery

- choose apply update from sd-card and choose the zip file, you've putted on the SDcard before

- after installing the update and reboot, just goto rootkeeper and choose restore root

- now you got a rooted ICS! :)

I take no responsibility for that. That's the way it worked for other users, but if something goes wrong, that's not my fault!

If you want to try the Nandroid Backup file or you need it anyway go here: ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1643425

Screenshots from my customized ICS (using widgetsoid2.x and Apex Launcher):

2e7301d7-4883-5dec.jpg

2e7301d7-48a1-0cc4.jpg

Last edited:

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Last edited:

Rouxe41

Dec 22, 2011
Salt Lake City
i read through the thread, and it seems like hes not gonna help out with anything. it seems hes on the soak test for gsm RAZR. if all goes well you should have it soon if youre on tmobile

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
I think if we ask him, he would try to help. But like i sad, he's new to all of this.

Getting an T-Mobile Rom isn't so hard, downloaded it allready. But i'll keep my Widow till there other Users that got the Update.

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Just one last question:

In case that another User get an Update, what exactly the steps to keep things save for leak.

We could make an Thread with intstructions an if the Mod has a good day, maybe pinned it on top.

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
Just one last question:

In case that another User get an Update, what exactly the steps to keep things save for leak.

We could make an Thread with intstructions an if the Mod has a good day, maybe pinned it on top.

1. Download the OTA and select install later when done.

2. Get the Astro File Manager app in G Play

3. Browse into root directory and get the file in /cache folder (file starts with Blur.xxx. ...zip)

This is the OTA file to be copied and pasted in sdcard

Go go! :)

Really good news.

Danke

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Rouxe41

Dec 22, 2011
Salt Lake City
1. Download the OTA and select install later when done.

2. Get the Astro File Manager app in G Play

3. Browse into root directory and get the file in /cache folder (file starts with Blur.xxx. ...zip)

This is the OTA file to be copied and pasted in sdcard

Go go! :)

Really good news.

Danke

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

exactly this. then send it to me and i will add the option for GSM to my ICS Installer Utility

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
I've asked him, if he tryed to Root with Casual, but he didn't even know what that is. So he couldn't make an Nandroid-Backup. I'll flash the T-Mobile Rom later that day and see what happens in the next few days (I realy don't wanna go with an branded Stock)

But look at the horizon > Can you see that big fat ICS coming :eek:

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
He has get his RazR back from repair and it was still on 2.3.6.

He searched for an Update via OTA and there it happens. He recived the ICS.

And that's no troll or something like that.
I can definetly tell you, he got it. He has tryed to root with Motofail and Casual but nothing works for him.

Although his phone quality seems realy bad. So now he's looking for an way to flash back to 2.3.6, because RSD and FlashMe.bat didn't work.

Looks like he got a Beta or stuff like that.

We have contact to an Employe of Motorola and he told us, it was a Mistake and shouldn't happen.

I've flashed the T-Mobile branded Stock alredy, but no Update.

BTW: I know our English Skills not the best, but i'll bet they're better than your German Skills. We try our best ok.

And now i am out because it's time to party :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the GSM ICS 4.0.4 Leak

This is OTA

CAUTION: There is NO way back so far!

To install the Leak, follow these steps:

- Download the Leak: Netload.in OR Rapidshare.com

- Download the 2.3.6 T-Mobile: Download

- Reboot into Moto Recovery and perform a full wipe/ factory reset

- Reboot DIRECTLY into Fastboot AP and flash the 2.3.6 T-Mobile Rom with RSD

- root your device with motofail

- Download the voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from play store and install it

- extract the zip file from the ICS Leak zip archive (you will get another zip file), then put the extracted zip file to the root of your external sd-card

- reboot your device into Moto recovery

- choose apply update from sd-card and choose the zip file, you've putted on the SDcard before

- after installing the update and reboot, just goto rootkeeper and choose restore root

- now you got a rooted ICS! :)

I take no responsibility for that. That's the way it worked for other users, but if something goes wrong, that's not my fault!

If you want to try the Nandroid Backup file or you need it anyway go here: ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1643425

Screenshots from my customized ICS (using widgetsoid2.x and Apex Launcher):

2e7301d7-4883-5dec.jpg

2e7301d7-48a1-0cc4.jpg
    Guys, thank you for your work. Been waiting for this update few months. Can anybody post or paste link to EXACT procedure of backing up root? Will this app do all the job? Is this tutorial enough?

Best regards.

- Flash the t-mobile rom: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umt...DE_1C.91P_0A.6C_TMDE_CFC_HWp2b_SIGNED.xml.zip

- root your device with motofail (you will find here in the forums).

- Download the voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from play store and install it.

- download the ICS leak (here in forums) and extract the zip file from the zip archive, then put this file to the root of your sd-card

- reboot your device into bootloader menu and select recovery.

- choose apply update from sd-card

- after installing the update and reboot, just goto rootkeeper and choose restore root :)

- now you got rooted.

I take no responsibility for that. That's the way it worked for other users, but if something goes wrong, that's not my fault! ;)
    Upload of an hopefuly clean Nandroid Backup is currently running.
    I've to work tomorrow and it's 11pm. So for today I'm out. I'll post the Links, when it's done.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/phupq54rrd8u4ki/672.152.43.en.EU.zip

Have fun with it.

Edit:

Beware, there's no way back.
    Maybe the Devs should be the first, that take a look @ it!!!!

It's T-Mobile branded 4.0.4 and it seems to run well for the nice Guy, who leaked it.

He was on 651.167.21.T-Mobile Retail before, so we not sure if it can be flashed on every Rom!

50bb668c-dd3e-93ef.jpg

NO! You can just extract this file from a rooted device. And if you try to fastboot this to a bricked device, there will happen nothing, you can't just flash any file via RSD without any script and commandline which tells RSD what to do.

The link to the kernel is in the other thread "[GSM] ICS 4.0.4 leak [Nandroid]" in the Razr development section.

technically, it is ok to extract the system partition. to flash it is another story.

to backup the image
    Code:
    cat /dev/block/system > /sdcard/system.img
    it's an ext3 partition image, so you can mount it as a loop device to view the content.

the flash story...
    Code:
    fastboot flash system system.img
    on dev edition phone, flashing it back is ok.
    on a locked bootloader phone, flashing is ok too, but it will failed the integrity test & the boot process stop.

intergrity test(RSA certification)???
    boot & recovery partition is checked on every boot.
    cdrom,webtop,system is checked only once after flashing(via fastboot protocol)

why the verification failed??
    the rsa cert inside our freshly backup image is only valid for unmodded content.
    but as we take the ota, the content changes and it no longer satisfy the cert.

on ota, the changes occured internally, bootloader know nothing so the checked is not triggered.
    but if we flash externally, the checked is trigered.

p/s: sorry my english is not so good & i failed at technical writing...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone