[GSM] Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU & en.FR

Search This thread

marconz

Aug 17, 2012
christchurch
installing from sd card is when ya flash any custom ROM which is made up of stock source with some nore customisations , this ll not help ya to fix ya mobile

" one can also apply ota update from sd card which I'm sure this user was referring to "

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Basyvava

djpeesh

Nov 6, 2007
Why is everyone confusing the issue? Flash the . Xml file from rsd and you'll be on jb. Don't waste your time with ota files.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Dallo28

Feb 23, 2013
Why is everyone confusing the issue? Flash the . Xml file from rsd and you'll be on jb. Don't waste your time with ota files.

This one is another solution, but if you want root and if you don't have ubuntu it's better to flash ics before

Basyvava

Feb 25, 2013
Madagascar

This one is another solution, but if you want root and if you don't have ubuntu it's better to flash ics before

I see there's already a solution to root directly on JB though.

I'm a little confused. To update from Gingerbread to JB, can I flash directly the JB .XML file via RSD Lite without flashing the ICS fastboot first?

SAJdroid

Apr 23, 2012

Ensure and double ensure that the file your flashing is from ( or compatible) with your region if not you will brick your device.

I advice you to follow OP's instructions as it is and don't try shortcuts which none of the users in this thread have tried. Its easy to get advice now , when your bricked the number of people to advice you will be lesser :)

According to me YOU CANNOT DIRECTLY FLASH THE JB UPDATE ON YOUR GINGERBREAD
Reasons:
1. The file posted by the OP is a update file and NOT A STOCK Fast Boot file for JB !
2. The file system of your Gingerbread is different from ICS, you need ICS system files for the OTA update to work.

Your only option :

Upgrade to ICS ( by flashing or OTA update method ) - root it( if u need it ) , make a nandroid of the ICS for additional safety(optional) and then update JB OTA.

This is my personal opinion for a trouble free JB flash . All the best !:good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Basyvava

Basyvava

Feb 25, 2013
Madagascar
Ensure and double ensure that the file your flashing is from ( or compatible) with your region if not you will brick your device.

I advice you to follow OP's instructions as it is and don't try shortcuts which none of the users in this thread have tried. Its easy to get advice now , when your bricked the number of people to advice you will be lesser :)

Upgrade to ICS ( by flashing or OTA update method ) - root it( if u need it ) , make a nandroid of the ICS for additional safety(optional) and then update JB OTA.

This is my personal opinion for a trouble free JB flash . All the best !:good:

Thanks for your input mate. I have gathered all the correct files from the OP as per his method, and in the process of downloading the official JB .xml, thought it would be easier to flash it with RSD without going through the process of flashing ICS first, as indicated above. Well now I'm a little confused again :silly:

SAJdroid

Apr 23, 2012
Thanks for your input mate. I have gathered all the correct files from the OP as per his method, and in the process of downloading the official JB .xml, thought it would be easier to flash it with RSD without going through the process of flashing ICS first, as indicated above. Well now I'm a little confused again :silly:

Buddy you are definitely confused :

1. You are downloading the update file and not official JB retail fastboot file. - This update file works only if your are on below version of ICS
ICS France : 651.180.41.Retail.en.FR
ICS Eu : 672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU

2. Download the official ICS from here : SPDREM_U_01.6.7.2-180_SPU-19-TA-11.6_SIGNEuropeAustraliaEMEA_USASPDRICSRTGB_HWp2b_Service1FF_fastboot.xml http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts_spyder/list.php ( Flash with RSD )

3. Then follow OP.

Last edited:

Basyvava

Feb 25, 2013
Madagascar
Buddy you are definitely confused :

1. You are downloading the update file and not official JB retail fastboot file. - This update file works only if your are on below version of ICS
ICS France : 651.180.41.Retail.en.FR
ICS Eu : 672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU

2. Download the official ICS from here : SPDREM_U_01.6.7.2-180_SPU-19-TA-11.6_SIGNEuropeAustraliaEMEA_USASPDRICSRTGB_HWp2b_Service1FF_fastboot.xml http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts_spyder/list.php ( Flash with RSD )

3. Then follow OP.

Yeah, I understood that part. But then there is this file which I believe is the official JB firmware for my device (french retail version):
9.8.2O-124_SPUEM-14_S7_USASPDRICS01RTFE1007.0R_USASPDRJBRTFR_P013_A014_p2b_S1FF_fb_CFC.xml.zip from here http://sbfdownload.droid-developers...ASPDRJBRTFR_P013_A014_p2b_S1FF_fb_CFC.xml.zip

From what djpeesh said a couple posts above, I can directly flash this file on my XT910 running Gingerbread, without flashing the official ICS first. I'll then be on official JB unrooted. What got me confused is that I'm not sure which method is better, the one described in the OP or the second one as suggested by djpeesh.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickrelly12

djpeesh

Nov 6, 2007
If you want to be rooted, then go the ota way. If not, the SBF is good. Its a signed file so if it's not capable of being done, it will present an error. Give it a shot.

PM me if you need any help. This is going nowhere.

Gus194

Jun 10, 2012
Hey guys need some help here. If I'm on the 98.72.16 ROM. how can I change it so I can be on this 982.124.14.XT910 ROM?

anurag.dj2u

Mar 6, 2013
New york
Hey guys need some help here. If I'm on the 98.72.16 ROM. how can I change it so I can be on this 982.124.14.XT910 ROM?

In op , go to the requirement and click on 982.124.14XT910 and download the sbf . Now download rsd lite which is linked on requirement. Now flash sbf using rsd lite . Ya ll be on 982.124.14 (Europe). Now flash the update.zip linked to the op and flash it via stock recovery

Please hit the thanks :thumbup: if i ever helped ya !! :D:D

Reactions: razrpimp and Gus194

LeopardSurd

May 31, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
Hi, my RAZR Maxx XT910 is an upgrade from Defy+ and Defy.
I have the system version 672.188.41.XT910.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU, so is an ICS for Central and South-East Europe (Poland, Romania, Hungary and so on) so the JB for this will not be available.

My question: how smooth, stable and battery friendly is the official JB compared with ICS one?

Thanks in advance!

Dallo28

Feb 23, 2013
Hi, my RAZR Maxx XT910 is an upgrade from Defy+ and Defy.
I have the system version 672.188.41.XT910.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU, so is an ICS for Central and South-East Europe (Poland, Romania, Hungary and so on) so the JB for this will not be available.

My question: how smooth, stable and battery friendly is the official JB compared with ICS one?

Thanks in advance!

Less bloatware, quite smooth and more apps available compared to ics..so flash the retail.en.eu jb fastboot file via rsd and you will get it

Reactions: LeopardSurd

LeopardSurd

May 31, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
Less bloatware, quite smooth and more apps available compared to ics..so flash the retail.en.eu jb fastboot file via rsd and you will get it
Thanks for answering!

So I could simple flash the recommended JB over the ICS even if the JB is made for England area and not for Balkans like the ICS I own. So I don't need to flash the ICS for England area and then to let OTA upgrade purchade.

These seems quite familiar for me, in this case, because of the experience with Defy flashing.

But how about the battery? It is better than on ICS? I purchased the MAXX only because the battery is important for me. If JB requires more juice, then I'm not interested.

Last edited:

Dallo28

Feb 23, 2013
Thanks for answering!

So I could simple flash the recommended JB over the ICS even if the JB is made for England area and not for Balkans like the ICS I own. So I don't need to flash the ICS for England area and then to let OTA upgrade purchade.

These seems quite familiar for me, in this case, because of the experience with Defy flashing.

But how about the battery? It is better than on ICS? I purchased the MAXX only because the battery is important for me. If JB requires more juice, then I will not interested.

Battery should.last more because you have less vendor software opened in background ;)

anurag.dj2u

Mar 6, 2013
New york
Thanks for answering!

But how about the battery? It is better than on ICS? I purchased the MAXX only because the battery is important for me. If JB requires more juice, then I'm not interested.

Battery is not so last longer compare to ics but few users admitted that they are getting good battery then ics . What all i can say is worth to update to jellybean and its really very smooth and fast then ics .
Do not worry about batter beacuse there is really many tweaks and mods available to make battery longer . So go ahead and flash.
Happy flashing ;)

Please hit the thanks :thumbup: if i ever helped ya !! :D:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU & en.FR

The Time has come, we got the Retail European JB Leak for our XT910. An huge Thanks goes to Xantian, who leaked the OTA Update for us.

4184_trennungslinie.png

Warning

After you've applyed the Update there's NO WAY BACK TO ICS. If you try it, you'll brick! Also we got no Fastboot Files for RSD, so handle your Stock Slot with care!

This Update can be flashed on European and Asian Devices without messing up with your CID.

Charge your Battery till 100% before you start

4184_trennungslinie.png

Requirements

To apply the JB OTA you have to be on 672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU without any Modifications, like deleted System Apps or changed Boot.img / Baseband.
    I recommend to start with an fresh RSD Lite - Flash, before you try to apply the OTA.

4184_trennungslinie.png

Downloads

OTA Update Zip

Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper

4184_trennungslinie.png

How To

I'll show you how you have to apply the Update without loosing your Root.

4184_trennungslinie.png

1. Copy the Blur_Version.672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU.zip into the Root of your external SD-Card

2. Update your SU-Binarys

3. Install the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper on your Device and open it. Choose Protect Root and temp. unroot

4. Boot into Stock Recovery

5. Wipe Cache

6. Choose apply Update from external Storage and select the Blur_Version.672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU.zip. Wait untill the Update-Process is finished and your RAZR is booted completely

7. The last step is to open the Voodoo Rootkeeper again and to restore your Root.

4184_trennungslinie.png

That's it, now you're running an clean and rooted JB on your European or Asian XT910

Ignore the Vodafone > The Rest is the same!

4184_trennungslinie.png

If you still not sure how you should flash this Leak our friend The RazrGuy will show it to you. Huge thanks for your Videos!

4184_trennungslinie.png

Extras

Kernel & Radio

Carrier Changer
    This will help you to kick your Carrier from your Statusbar (Set one Space!).

4184_trennungslinie.png

If you Guys coming from France, you can follow these Steps by using the Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.FR, posted by Cuyi02

Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.FR

Base Firmware must be 651.180.41.Retail.en.FR

Don't forget to hit the Thanks-Button for this Guy :good:

4184_trennungslinie.png

IF YOU BRICKED YOUR DEVICE BY RUNNING THIS LEAK, KLICK ME!

4184_trennungslinie.png

Re: [GSM] Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU

Time has come for therazrguy To make a video

Like my work visit my channel once on YouTube
    YouTube.com/user/Therazrguy
    Can I flash over the jb. vodafone?

No...and if we find an solution we will lose Root. It's the same Version, just without the vodafone. Edit your Build.prop and you're on this Leak :eek:
    We have to figure out how we get on this. And after that WE NEED ROOT!

If you Guys are still on ICS, follow the Steps carefully. No Root Method worked till now.
    Pure frustration - so close and yet so far :)

Oh please can we have a working download link?

here it is: https://mega.co.nz/#!tVAywBhD!XeJIyTtvXLz-MXfzCq2pZyV5DZ8gP7yRnSS9e2HfH1k
    My videos Are Up for a better explanation of the OP :)

Part 2
    Part1