GSM Voice call from Galaxy Tab 10.1v.

Search This thread

harwantgrewal

Oct 4, 2007
Melbourne
Hi

I am trying to enable GSM voice call on Galaxy Tab 10.1v. So far I tried to change some config values in firmware but no luck. I though I should open this thread to get some traction on this topic.

So far my findings are SGT 10.1v is cable to make/receive GSM voice call as it has the supported hardware and its only blocked via software.

I will keep trying, if anyone have done something like that please share your knowledge.

Thanks

A Newbie in Android development/A Pro in .NET

harwantgrewal

Oct 4, 2007
Melbourne
Added steps to upload modem.img

Please follow the steps to install modem.img

Attachments

• Process.jpg
    Process.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 11,031
Last edited:

awakatanka

Jul 5, 2011
woerden
I would be very happy if you get it to work. You would be my hero. Dunno if there is a 3g version of the 10.1 version already, if there is maybe some overthere can help to.

Sent from my GT-P7100 using XDA App

Reactions: airone35

fanSte

Jun 8, 2008
Tilburg
I've just flashed the modem.bin with odin (It's from P7500XWKG9_P7500XXKG7_P7500OXXKG3_HOME) just for fun and I discovered that sms sending and recieving works :)

See attachment (unzip rar)

Attachments

• modem.rar
    3.9 MB · Views: 4,157

awakatanka

Jul 5, 2011
woerden
that should make whatsapp work to because that needs to send a sms before it want to work. will try it this modem. you flash it with odin our just clockwork¿

Sent from my GT-P7500 using XDA App

v00t

Sep 26, 2010
Nice it works for me, flashed the modem.bin via odin to my 10.1v and now i can send sms :D thanks a lot!

Reactions: mrky

Valken

Oct 29, 2008
Whoop-Whoop! Now i can finaly send sms's !! Thank you so much for this!
Working perfect!

serwill

Jul 16, 2011
Hi,

I am fairly new at this so i have a few questions:

1) To flash this via odin do i put it under PDA, Phone or bootloader?

2) If i flash it will it wipe my sd card?

3) Can I do it considering I am running the custom rom from seo?

4) Can I flash it via cwm?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

ronalgps

Mar 27, 2009
aalst
Hi,

I am fairly new at this so i have a few questions:

1) To flash this via odin do i put it under PDA, Phone or bootloader?

2) If i flash it will it wipe my sd card?

3) Can I do it considering I am running the custom rom from seo?

4) Can I flash it via cwm?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

via ordin3 than Phone

ace_pt

Feb 5, 2007
I've just flashed the modem.bin with odin (It's from P7500XWKG9_P7500XXKG7_P7500OXXKG3_HOME) just for fun and I discovered that sms sending and recieving works :)

See attachment (unzip rar)

Can you say the full steps to put the 10.1v making calls ?
what flash i have to use?

Regards

plvt_florian

May 11, 2008
tomorow

i will try to flash the factory version on the tablet and try to extract phone apk because the factory firmware has on it the phone and also can make calls. i will keep you posted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

I am trying to enable GSM voice call on Galaxy Tab 10.1v. So far I tried to change some config values in firmware but no luck. I though I should open this thread to get some traction on this topic.

So far my findings are SGT 10.1v is cable to make/receive GSM voice call as it has the supported hardware and its only blocked via software.

I will keep trying, if anyone have done something like that please share your knowledge.

Thanks

A Newbie in Android development/A Pro in .NET
    Added steps to upload modem.img

Please follow the steps to install modem.img
    Phone calls are really working!

Hello
    First of all I tried method by Smithsonian. I tried it with official CM9, but phone calls and even data network doesn´t work!

But I have another good news too! :) I flashed modem.bin from Galaxy R I9103 ICS ROM to Galaxy Tab 10.1 with official ICS ROM and it really works!!!

My method was:
    1) Install the latest official ICS ROM for Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 from here. (flash via ODIN)
    2) Install pershoot´s CWM recovery from here. (flash via ODIN)
    3) Extract the modem.bin from Galaxy R ROM which is here and create CWM flashable zip file.
    You can find it below. It is file named "CWM_I9103XXLQ3_Modem.zip".
    4) Flash new modem via CWM recovery mode.
    To this point everything works like charm! 2G/3G data network works good!

5) To manage phone functions and phone app (phone.apk is in the system, but is disabled) I modified bools.xml file in framework-res.apk. Just changed line with "voice capable" from "false" to "true".
    Code:
    <bool name="config_voice_capable">false</bool>
    Than I flashed it back. How to make it is written here or here. My modified framework-res.apk you can find below. It is file named "update.zip" which is prepared to flash via CWM recovery mode. (This "update.zip" file is ONLY for official ICS ROM from the link above!)

After reboot system the phone app was there!!! :) But many apps get me "force closed" warning!!!
    I closed these warnings and open samsung´s phone app. I tried to call the phone number in my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and tablet was really ringing and I could answer the call. Calling from tablet works too! :)
    But it still gives me some "force closed" warning from some apps and I don´t know why.
    Maybe someone could solved that problem and get Galaxy Tab 10.1 with voice call function working for daily use! :)

Sorry for my bad English and good luck! :)

Files to download:
    CWM_I9103XXLQ3_Modem.zip http://ulozto.net/xytHJAT/cwm-i9103xxlq3-modem-zip
    update.zip http://ulozto.net/xzxk4GJ/update-zip
    GSM Voice Call

Hello everybody
    I managed to make a GSM voice call with my device GT-P7300 using the following steps
    1- flashing modem.bin extracted from I9103 rom using ADBTool thanks to suwandiapr and his article
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1539352
    2-installed Cyanogens mod 9.
    but in general the rom is not stable and camera not working and I prefer to go back for the Samsung rom since I need Google maps and other program not working with this rom and keep on crashing
    Wish everybody good luck