GT-i9000m has been locking up recently to the point of removing the battery.

Search This thread

Frostshock

Aug 11, 2010
It went from extremely rarely doing it to three or four times just the other night in the span of a few hours. I can't reproduce it on command but it happens when I lock the screen and put it in my pocket. Then sometimes when I take it out it is entirely non-responsive, even the power button doesn't work. I have to remove and reinsert the battery.

It could be ADW Launcher or WidgetLocker since those are the only two programs always running, but I was hoping someone else experiences a similar issue. It hasn't happened when I normally lock it yet though, so it could also be the proximity sensor maybe?

Fate.tw

Nov 23, 2007
Having the same issue (on Bell as well), but not running either of those two apps. Was almost to the point of returning the phone and then installed JM7 and it's been better, although not perfect. Last night it locked up with NoLED displaying an icon, so I've deleted that app to see if that's the issue. It hasn't locked up today, but it did reboot a few hours ago seemingly at random. :shrug:

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Your internal sd card might be failing like all the other i9000m phones I see on this forum bricking themselves .

Frostshock

Aug 11, 2010
Your internal sd card might be failing like all the other i9000m phones I see on this forum bricking themselves .

Oh, that doesn't sound pleasant at all...

I'm outside of Bell's 30 day exchange period plus I've talked for over 30 minutes, so I'll have to go through Samsung if it completely breaks. On the plus side, a phone from them should be three button recoverable.

Although I can't be without a phone for weeks, I hope it's not the SD card.

icejagans

Aug 30, 2010
Melbourne
Mine Lags like crazy once every few days till the point I need to restart it. Any idea why this is do?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Hold your horses people....

before you jump about the lag, and or one click lag fix and such

first you have to investigate what is running on your phone.

just over the weekend (since XDA was down) i stalled over 400 Apps

my phone slowed down to snail speed, then i ran my Startup Manager software (many to choose from)

I suggest Startup Cleaner 2.0 then uncheck everything, leave only the apps that you want to run during start up

reboot your phone and presto, fast as new!

if you can find version 2.1 of startup manager that one is even better

keep note, start up manager apps are not the same as task killer apps

it only run once during start up, and it helps you easily select what should and should not run during start up, so it doesn't stay in memory after it runs

on the same topic

you should also configure your Task Killer apps to kill everything, and add only the wants you want to be running to the ignore list.

that will keep the phone working smoothly even without the "one click lag fix"

i'm still running stock on my JH2 i9000m

yarod_g14

Jul 13, 2004
Hold your horses people....

before you jump about the lag, and or one click lag fix and such

first you have to investigate what is running on your phone.

just over the weekend (since XDA was down) i stalled over 400 Apps

my phone slowed down to snail speed, then i ran my Startup Manager software (many to choose from)

I suggest Startup Cleaner 2.0 then uncheck everything, leave only the apps that you want to run during start up

reboot your phone and presto, fast as new!

if you can find version 2.1 of startup manager that one is even better

keep note, start up manager apps are not the same as task killer apps

it only run once during start up, and it helps you easily select what should and should not run during start up, so it doesn't stay in memory after it runs

on the same topic

you should also configure your Task Killer apps to kill everything, and add only the wants you want to be running to the ignore list.

that will keep the phone working smoothly even without the "one click lag fix"

i'm still running stock on my JH2 i9000m

All gamer has a good sugestion here BUT we are going to get people flaming the fact that Android shouldnt need task managers.....

Ho hum..

TBH in my experience, I have found (after a couple of hard resets) that there appears to be a size limit for installed apps. Once I get over this size limit, I get LAGTASTIC, phone slows to a snails pace, then I remove a few of the apps and I am back at light speed again....

I cant say what the limit is, but I know when I have hit it - I would then uninstall a lame app or two and get back running.

Last edited:

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
Yes a lot of people "claims" that, but yet you do a search in Android Market, you see LOTS of Task Manager / Killer apps for every phone.

they were not designed for Galaxy S, they were designed long ago for all the other phones that had and still have the same problems of memory management causing lags

Android is not robust enough to survive without one

heck not even Windows 7 or Windows Mobiles phone

Frostshock

Aug 11, 2010
I just read that possibly the phone freezes while trying to find a signal. As this problem has only recently started, and I just recently moved into university, and many buildings receive little to no wireless signal, I think it's more than a coincidence. I'll try going to plane mode before entering lecture halls and basements.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
I just read that possibly the phone freezes while trying to find a signal. As this problem has only recently started, and I just recently moved into university, and many buildings receive little to no wireless signal, I think it's more than a coincidence. I'll try going to plane mode before entering lecture halls and basements.

i don't think that is the case with the Galaxy S

however back then my Treo 650 did suffer from that.

if you believe that is the problem then try this
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7999389&postcount=28

more cool apps here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=7999389