[GT-I9001][ROM][ION][4.4.4][KTU84Q] CyanogenMod 11.0 by ADC-Team - Release 17 [EOL]

Search This thread
yes my omnirom is rooted.

ok i'll try your method.

the thing is, this rom (cyanogenmod 11) requires twrp 2.8 (which requires external micro sd card partition for it to work).

So i doubt that it will work by flashing the recovery rom without twrp 2.8.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

you mean, downgrade my twrp from 2.6 to 2.33, then move on to 2.8.1?

Interesting proposal. I will try and report back the result.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

tested. tried to flash from twrp 2.6.3.5 to 2.3.1.1

fail

error executing updater binary in zip '/exter.....
error flashing zip '/externa....
updating partition details

A. Reboot to recovery from Android and with TWRP reboot again to recovery mode.
or
B. Boot to TWRP

Then do exactly as follows:
1. Advanced -> Copy Log to SD
2. Advanced -> File Manager -> /sdcard/recovery.log -> Rename File -> before_recovery.log
3. Install> TWRP.zip
4. Advanced -> Copy Log to SD
5. Advanced -> File Manager -> /sdcard/recovery.log -> Rename File -> after_recovery.log

Please send before_recovery.log and after_recovery.log to pastebin.com or zipped attachments to post here.

alexkos

Account currently disabled
May 13, 2013
GB
meettomy.site

A. Reboot to recovery from Android and with TWRP reboot again to recovery mode.
or
B. Boot to TWRP

Then do exactly as follows:
1. Advanced -> Copy Log to SD
2. Advanced -> File Manager -> /sdcard/recovery.log -> Rename File -> before_recovery.log
3. Install> TWRP.zip
4. Advanced -> Copy Log to SD
5. Advanced -> File Manager -> /sdcard/recovery.log -> Rename File -> after_recovery.log

Please send before_recovery.log and after_recovery.log to pastebin.com or zipped attachments to post here.

done. followed all the steps. generated both files.

Attachments

• after_recovery.log
    13.7 KB · Views: 44
  • before_recovery.log
    11.6 KB · Views: 29

TriboDoP

Oct 25, 2015
Vienna
i9100
OnePlus One
i can't figure out how to install the twrp recovery :( , im on stock rom gingerbread 2.3.3
If i remember correctly, you should install an older twrp like 2.7..first (put twrp 2.7 ..on sd card, with stock recovery apply update from sd card).
Then boot into twrp 2.7... and install the new twrp 2.8.1 (again from sd card)
Then boot twrp 2.8..1 and wipe-advanced wipe-data-repair or change file system-change file system-EXT4
then swipe
After this again wipe in new recovery advanced wipe-dalvik-cache-system-data then swipe and install rom/gapps.
I think before all this the device should be rooted.
Maybe somebody could confirm all this because it has been years since i did this.

Reactions: TbiTw and ze7zez
i can't figure out how to install the twrp recovery :( , im on stock rom gingerbread 2.3.3

First you need to use AriesVE.ops in odin.
Both files can be found in >this post<.
Read yourself about root.
It's not hard to understand.
And don't worry, you won't break anything if you flashad the right files.

p.s.
When it comes to performance, the best ROM for the i9100 is SlimKAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: TbiTw and TriboDoP

TbiTw

Feb 4, 2017
Huawei P10
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
If i remember correctly, you should install an older twrp like 2.7..first (put twrp 2.7 ..on sd card, with stock recovery apply update from sd card).
Then boot into twrp 2.7... and install the new twrp 2.8.1 (again from sd card)
Then boot twrp 2.8..1 and wipe-advanced wipe-data-repair or change file system-change file system-EXT4
then swipe
After this again wipe in new recovery advanced wipe-dalvik-cache-system-data then swipe and install rom/gapps.
I think before all this the device should be rooted.
Maybe somebody could confirm all this because it has been years since i did this.
Thank you so much

First you need to use AriesVE.ops in odin.
Both files can be found in >this post<.
Read yourself about root.
It's not hard to understand.
And don't worry, you won't break anything if you flashad the right files.

p.s.
When it comes to performance, the best ROM for the i9100 is SlimKAT.

JoeCoctail

Aug 6, 2019

attachment.php

which Gapps Version is this?
Nano, Pico ?
Can I just download and install open_gapps-x86-4.4-pico-20210420 from Gapps page?

TriboDoP

Oct 25, 2015
Vienna
i9100
OnePlus One
Does anyone know, which TWRP zip file I need to put to SD-Card ? I tried with
TWRP 2.8.1.0 recovery [21/12/2014]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
but in recovery mode (Power + Vol-Up), this .zip is not showing up and I can't select it. Maybe it's wrong?!
Hi
Maybe looking at #4307 and following could help.
First install twrp 2.7 and use this to install twrp 2.8.. in which you have to change file system because of new partition assignment as far as i remember

JoeCoctail

Aug 6, 2019
  • Reboot inside CWM or TWRP recovery which not includes new partition assignments
  • Install the new TWRP recovery that includes new partition assignments
  • Reboot inside TWRP recovery again, because now you must be sure to use the new one (inside TWRP, Home -> Reboot -> Recovery)
  • Wipe Data as ext4 partition (Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select Data -> Repair or Change File System -> Change File System -> EXT4 -> Swipe)
  • Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache, System and Android Secure (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe)
  • Install the rom package
  • Install the gapps package
  • Reboot the system

We don't need any root.zip to gain root access at all. Follow the steps above then you should be fine.

I flashed TWRP_2.8.0.0_ariesve_20140912-signed.zip to have TWRP in my device. I guess this is the one w/o "new partition assignments" (whatever this means).
But how can I proceed to the next step:
?

Means, how I can overwrite the existing TWRP with the other TWRP above? There is no guide for this?

TriboDoP

Oct 25, 2015
Vienna
i9100
OnePlus One
Hi
Maybe looking at #4307 and following could help.
First install twrp 2.7 and use this to install twrp 2.8.. in which you have to change file system because of new partition assignment as far as i remember
Ö
I flashed TWRP_2.8.0.0_ariesve_20140912-signed.zip to have TWRP in my device. I guess this is the one w/o "new partition assignments" (whatever this means).
?

Means, how I can overwrite the existing TWRP with the other TWRP above? There is no guide for this?
Hi
Sorry, i do not have more

?

?

Hi
Sorry i have not more instructions than written on first page of thread. You mean you cannot install the new twrp with your present recovery (which is ???) ? In doubt i always put the file on internal storage and also on external micro sd card. And the new partition assignment ist just a rearrangement of the storage to increase the needed storage for system and data. Another thing is if you want to go back to older roms you have again to change to old recovery and change filesystem again which makes hopping between roms complicated.

JoeCoctail

Aug 6, 2019

how exactly to do this?

Normally I use the samsung recovery mode to flash any .zip.
But since TWRP (2.8.0.0) is now on my device, the samsung recovery mode is no more there.

So how can I flash a new TWRP version now?
Inside TWRP I can select INSTALL and select my other TWRP.zip.
Is this the way how to do it?

EDIT: i tryed it - worked.

after some testing: it is very slow. Is there any lightweight alternative?

Last edited:

powerwindow0

Jul 29, 2023
Hi I have android version 2.3.6
I trided to update android via normal update but I can't log in to Samsung account.
I trided to install twrp via bugjaeger trough another phone but after clicking reboot bootloader is swiching to downloading mode and then is loosing conecction via usb.
Also recovery mode dosesn't worked trough power Burton+volume up+enter button.
How to install any android update.

Hi I have android version 2.3.6
I trided to update android via normal update but I can't log in to Samsung account.
I trided to install twrp via bugjaeger trough another phone but after clicking reboot bootloader is swiching to downloading mode and then is loosing conecction via usb.
Also recovery mode dosesn't worked trough power Burton+volume up+enter button.
How to install any android update.
There is no update over android 2.3.6. If you want to flash a custom ROM, start by reading this thread:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

attachment.php

logo-cid.png

Hi everyone,
    we are proud to present our build of CyanogenMod 11.0 (ION) for the Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001).

Currently the team is composed by the following members: (in alphabethic order)
    [Dev] CastagnaIT, Christopher83, educk, krislibaeer, ivendor
    [Tester] ktulu84, smeroni68, Rhonin86, XeLLaR*

Pay attention:
    Since the canonical partitions of our device have insufficient space suitable to host various apps or to allow switching to ART runtime, it has been needed to reorganize partition assignments and to use internal sdcard as new data partition.
    The internal sd card is now emulated and shares the available space of data partition.
    By doing so, we have plenty of space for system (1.3 GB), cache (520 MB) and data + internal sd (4.7 GB) partitions.

Working features:
    • Audio
    • Receiving and making calls
    • GPS
    • Hardware sensors (Light, Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration)
    • Legacy sensors / Virtual sensors (Gravity, Linear acceleration, Rotation vector)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • MTP and USB mass storage
    • HW accelerated gui
    • HW accelerated video
    • Camera
    • Voip video calls
    • BLNv10
    • USB/Wifi tethering
    • VSync
    • Phantom key presses filtering
    • USB OTG (check here for the needed Y cable)
    • MicroSD exFAT support
    • zRam
    • SD swap
    Not working features:
    • Nothing known

Disclaimer:
    Your warranty is now void.

We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

How to install the rom:
    If you're coming from a stock rom, a previous Android version (CM 9, CM 10, CM 10.1, CM 10.2 and derivatives) or if you have a CM 11.0 older than Release 15, read carefully the following steps
    • Download the rom, gapps and the new TWRP recovery (its mandatory)
    • If you have an external sd, you may already copy the downloaded files on it, please don't flash anything yet, read the following steps
    • Backup your data, like call history, contacts, sms, favourite app settings inside external sd (by using Titanium Backup or other apps available on PlayStore)
    • Backup your internal sd content, because all its content will be lost (you may copy the full content on a pc or inside a new folder of your external sd)
    • If you have WhatsApp, copy the folder /sdcard/WhatsApp inside /external_sd/Whatsapp, so you are ready to restore all your conversations after the re-installation of the app
    • Copy the content of the folder /sdcard/DCIM inside /external_sd/DCIM, so your taken pictures stored inside internal sdcard will be preserved
    • Reboot inside CWM or TWRP recovery which not includes new partition assignments
    • Perform a nandroid backup inside external sdcard (inside TWRP, Backup -> Select all the partitions -> Select Micro SD card as storage -> Swipe)
    • Install the new TWRP recovery that includes new partition assignments
    • Reboot inside TWRP recovery again, because now you must be sure to use the new one (inside TWRP, Home -> Reboot -> Recovery)
    • Wipe Data as ext4 partition (Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select Data -> Repair or Change File System -> Change File System -> EXT4 -> Swipe)
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache, System and Android Secure (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe)
    • If you haven't copied the installation files yet, be sure that MTP is enabled (inside Mounts, click on Enable MTP), then, from your pc, copy the files inside internal sd or external sd
    • Install the rom package
    • Install the gapps package
    • Reboot the system
    • If you performed a backup with an app, on external sd or on pc, you may restore the saved data and copy/move /external_sd/Whatsapp folder to /sdcard/Whatsapp again
    • Enjoy KitKat
    If you're updating CM 11.0 Release 15 or a next CM 11.0 release
    • Reboot inside recovery (always the new one)
    • Install the rom update
    • Reboot the system

Downloads:
    • TWRP 2.8.1.0 recovery [21/12/2014]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: b703980bcc607e829e9e4a50193b6f13
      Note: This recovery includes new partition assignments
    • ADC Team Gapps [04/07/2014]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: c488b0be3e93105ae0423583039d6b1c
    • CM 11.0 Release 17 [08/02/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: 3db751574f4f216336ea5eca19b63e90
      Code:
      - KitKat 4.4.4 (KTU84Q)
      - Synched with CM sources
      [B]device/samsung/ariesve[/B]
      - ramdisk: Remove crypto module triggers (credits to sirmordred)
      - ramdisk: Set permissions through init instead of script for bt/mac address (credits to sirmordred)
      [B]kernel/samsung/msm7x30[/B]
      - Kernel 3.4.106
      - KEYS: close race between key lookup and freeing (credits to Sasha Levin)
      - msm_fb: Fix RGB pipe offset issue (credits to Blafish)
      - msm: mdp.c fix deadlock which causes blue screen (credits to Vinu Deokaran)
      - msm: rq_stats: Use cpufreq API to get the current frequency (credits to Archana Sathyakumar)
      - staging: android: ashmem: add missing include (credits to Rom Lemarchand)
      - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Remove WLAN_CIPHER_SUITE_AES_CMAC advertisement (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
      - gpu: ion: Refactor locking (credits to Srinivasarao P)
      - gpu: ion: use a list instead of a tree for heap debug memory map (credits to Srinivasarao P)
      - gpu: ion: fix locking issues in debug code (credits to Mitchel Humpherys)
      - gpu: ion: add locking to traversal of volatile rb tree (credits to Srinivasarao P)
      - gpu: ion: Delete invalid extra file (credits to Pradosh Das)
      - drivers: video: msm: Cleanup some dead codes (credits to sirmordred)
      - decompressor: add LZ4 decompressor module (credits to Kyungsik Lee)
      - lib: add support for LZ4-compressed kernel (credits to Kyungsik Lee)
      - lib: add lz4 compressor module (credits to Chanho Min)
      - lib/lz4: correct the LZ4 license (credits to Richard Laager)
      - lz4: fix compression/decompression signedness mismatch (credits to Sergey Senozhatsky)
      - lz4: ensure length does not wrap (credits to Greg Kroah-Hartman)
      - lz4: fix another possible overrun (credits to Greg Kroah-Hartman)
      - lz4: add overrun checks to lz4_uncompress_unknownoutputsize() (credits to Greg Kroah-Hartman)
      - Update zram and zsmalloc up-to 3.17 kernel changes (credits to sirmordred)
      - defconfig: Use LZ4 algorithm for ZRAM compression/decompression (credits to sirmordred)
      - msm7x30: Change all heap types to CMA (credits to sirmordred)
      - msm7x30: Workaround deep sleep issue (credits to Christopher83)
      - msm7x30: Increase ION memory heap for surfaceflinger (credits to Christopher83)
      - defconfig: Update zram and zsmalloc options (credits to Christopher83)
      - f2fs: Sync F2FS to Jaegeuk's linux-3.4 branch (credits to Christopher83)
      - selinux: fix inode security list corruption (credits to Stephen Smalley)
      - ipv4: try to cache dst_entries which would cause a redirect (credits to Hannes Frederic Sowa)
    • Kernel [08/02/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: 625a83bd75573710d8b857368e323a87
      Note: This kernel is already included inside the rom, it's provided in case you'd like to restore stock kernel after installing a custom kernel

Old Builds:

• 20150118 Release 16 [EOL]

• CM 11.0 Release 16 [18/01/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
        MD5: c94e99b129e468f4fc65f9ee4a43ea96
        Code:
        - KitKat 4.4.4 (KTU84Q)
        - AriesParts: Add an option for USB-OTG charge mode (credits to tobigun)
        - AriesParts: Store persisted props inside /data/property (credits to Christopher83)
        - AriesParts: Add common methods to show error and reboot alerts (credits to Christopher83)
        - AriesParts: Add a common method to check if the system is supported (credits to Christopher83)
        - AriesParts: Add a switch for High-End GFX (credits to Christopher83)
        - AriesParts: Add a dedicated tab for Performance options (credits to Christopher83)
        - AriesParts: Change the launcher icon (credits to Christopher83)
        - AriesParts: Fix various warnings and remove unused imports (credits to Christopher83)
        - AriesParts: Use spaces instead of tabs for indentations (credits to Christopher83)
        - AriesParts: Remove _head postfix from string names (credits to Christopher83)
        - AriesParts: Add SeekBarPreference (taken from PkfManager project) (credits to Christopher83)
        - AriesParts: Add two options for max background apps and services (credits to Christopher83)
        - AriesParts: Better management of R/W operations on system properties (credits to Christopher83)
        - AriesParts: Update German translation (credits to Christopher83)
        - AriesParts: Update Italian translation (credits to Christopher83)
        - AriesParts: Update Chinese translation (credits to Christopher83)
        - device: Add F2FS packages (credits to arco68)
        - prop: Enable smooth streaming (credits to arco68)
        - prop: Increase max background services to 8 (credits to Christopher83)
        - prop: Enable high-end graphic effects by default (credits to Christopher83)
        - ramdisk: Some updates and cleanups (credits to Christopher83)
        - ramdisk: Use NOOP I/O scheduler during boot (credits to Christopher83)
        - i2c: chips: fsa9480: Add write-permission for USB-OTG charger type (credits to tobigun)
        - Staging: android: binder: More offset validation. (credits to Arve Hjonnevag)
        - fs: f2fs: Initial import from https://kernel.googlesource.com (credits to arco68)
        - defconfig: Enable F2FS filesystem (credits to arco68)
        - HID: input: generic hidinput_input_event handler (credits to David Herrmann)
        - cpufreq: Avoid using global variable total_cpus (credits to Ruchi Kandoi)
        - net/ping: handle protocol mismatching scenario (credits to Jane Zhou)
        - net: ipv6: allow choosing optimistic addresses with use_optimistic (credits to Erik Kline)
        - netfilter: IDLETIMER: fix invalid deference of timer (credits to JP Abgrall)
        - prctl: make PR_SET_TIMERSLACK_PID pid namespace aware (credits to Micha Kalfon)
        - crypto: Prepare for optimized AES and SHA1 routines (credits to arco68)
        - arm/crypto: Add optimized AES and SHA1 routines (credits to David McCullough)
        - ARM: 7626/1: arm/crypto: Make asm SHA-1 and AES code Thumb-2 compatible (credits to Dave Martin)
        - ARM: 7723/1: crypto: sha1-armv4-large.S: fix SP handling (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
        - ARM: 7837/3: fix Thumb-2 bug in AES assembler code (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
        - ARM: move AES typedefs and function prototypes to separate header (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
        - ARM: add support for bit sliced AES using NEON instructions (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
        - ARM: add .gitignore entry for aesbs-core.S (credits to Russell King)
        - CRYPTO: Fix more AES build errors (credits to Russell King)
        - crypto: arm-aes - fix encryption of unaligned data (credits to Mikulas Patocka)
        - ARM: 8118/1: crypto: sha1/make use of common SHA-1 structures (credits to Jussi Kivilinna)
        - ARM: 8119/1: crypto: sha1: add ARM NEON implementation (credits to Jussi Kivilinna)
        - ARM: 8120/1: crypto: sha512: add ARM NEON implementation (credits to Jussi Kivilinna)
        - ARM: add support for kernel mode NEON (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
        - crypto: create generic version of ablk_helper (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
        - ARM: move VFP init to an earlier boot stage (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
        - ARM: Perform the creation of procfs node for VFP later (credits to Christopher83)
        - ARM: pull in <asm/simd.h> from asm-generic (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
        - defconfig: Enable NEON optimized AES and SHA1 crypto routines (credits to Christopher83)
        - defconfig: Build QCOM crypto device as built-in (credits to Christopher83)
        - pstore: selinux: add security in-core xattr support for pstore and debugfs (credits to Mark Salyzyn)
      • Kernel [18/01/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
        MD5: addc213b7d3674b63ea88189aa714a1f
        Note: This kernel is already included inside the rom, it's provided in case you'd like to restore stock kernel after installing a custom kernel
    • 20141222 Release 15 [EOL]

• CM 11.0 Release 15 [22/12/2014]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
        MD5: af3d01264deb558d2587137b466dc6f3
        Code:
        - KitKat 4.4.4 (KTU84Q)
        - Revert "Enable proximity wake" (credits to Christopher83)
        - Revert "Put back dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=1" (credits to arco68)
        - Revert "Set resampler quality" (credits to arco68)
        - Various updates and cleanups (credits to arco68)
        - ariesve: Enable IPv6 tethering (credits to sirmordred)
        - ariesve: Set default locale to en_GB (credits to arco68)
        - lpm: Updated offmode charging binaries (credits to sirmordred)
        - prop: Set max background service to 4 (credits to arco68)
        - overlay: Don't show mobile plan preference (credits to arco68)
        - ramdisk: Change the assignment of partitions and use an emulated sdcard (credits to Christopher83)
        - prop: Use /cache partition to store dex files of system apps (credits to Christopher83)
        - prop: Set MTP as default USB interface (credits to Christopher83)
        - config: Add USB audio support (credits to tobigun)
        - Kernel 3.4.105
        - Revert "prctl: adds the capable(CAP_SYS_NICE) check to PR_SET_TIMERSLACK_PID." (credits to arco68)
        - Revert "prctl: adds PR_SET_TIMERSLACK_PID for setting timer slack of an arbitrary thread." (credits to arco68)
        - Revert "Fix execve behavior apparmor for PR_{GET,SET}_NO_NEW_PRIVS" (credits to arco68)
        - Revert "Add PR_{GET,SET}_NO_NEW_PRIVS to prevent execve from granting privs" (credits to arco68)
        - prctl: adds PR_SET_TIMERSLACK_PID for setting timer slack of an arbitrary thread. (credits to Ruchi Kandoi)
        - prctl: adds the capable(CAP_SYS_NICE) check to PR_SET_TIMERSLACK_PID. (credits to Ruchi Kandoi)
        - mm: fix prctl_set_vma_anon_name (credits to Colin Cross)
        - introduce for_each_thread() to replace the buggy while_each_thread() (credits to Oleg Nesterov)
        - defconfig: Enable generic USB audio driver (credits to tobigun)
        - i2c: chips: fsa9480: Add support for charging in USB-OTG mode (credits to tobigun)
        [B]vendor/samsung/ariesve[/B]
        - Add router advertisement daemon for IPv6 tethering (credits to sirmordred)
      • Kernel [22/12/2014]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
        MD5: 177c865185b75dfbe855112f716d704f
    • 20141122 Release 14 [EOL]

• 20141011 Release 13 [EOL]

• 20140910 Release 12

• 20140910 Release 12 Rom: (DL from Dev-Host Mirror 1) - (DL from Dev-Host Mirror 2) - (DL from Mediafire Mirror 3)
        MD5: a5b129dfd96a95e1186108b435a3e439
        Code:
        - KitKat 4.4.4 (KTU84Q)
        - Rom is now built using Linaro GCC 4.8-2014.04 androideabi toolchain and
        Linaro GCC 4.8-2014.08 arm-eabi toolchain optimized for Cortex-A8 cpu by Christopher83
        - BoardConfig: blank and unblank screen on boot for TWRP this fix the stuck screen and the logo on boot (credits to CastagnaIT)
        - FFMPEG: Remove h263/h264/mpeg4 entries (credits to sirmordred)
        - ueventd.qcom.rc: Removed deprecated pmem defines (credits to sirmordred)
        - Remove TARGET_ARCH_LOWMEM (credits to arco68)
        - Enable proximity wake (credits to arco68)
        - Enable call recording feature (credits to arco68)
        - Enabled "soft reboot" feature (credits to sirmordred)
        - Disable call recording (credits to arco68)
        - Add hardware MP3 decoder (credits to arco68)
        - Change some bluetooth permissions (credits to arco68)
        - Use FFMPEG for WMA playback (credits to arco68)
        - Remove USE_CAMERA_STUB (credits to arco68)
        - ramdisk: Increase ZRAM swap size to 192MB (credits to arco68)
        - ramdisk: Remove length parameter for encryption (credits to arco68)
        - Set background app limit to 16 (credits to arco68)
        - Allow more background services (credits to arco68)
        - Updated vidc firmware from SPH-M840 (credits to sirmordred)
        - Updated libaudioalsa.so from SPH-M840 (credits to sirmordred)
        - Add OMX lib for hardware MP3 playback (credits to arco68)
        - Add USE_CAMERA_STUB (credits to arco68)
        [B]hardware/qcom/media-caf[/B]
        - mm-core: Enable HW mp3 decoder for msm7x30 (credits to mikeioannina)
      • 20140910 Kernel: (DL from Dev-Host Mirror 1) - (DL from Dev-Host Mirror 2) - (DL from Mediafire Mirror 3)
        MD5: 3e1cdd804ddc97e263f768f7f9540f64
        Code:
        - Kernel 3.4.103
        - Removed bcmdhd driver (credits to CastagnaIT)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: bring bcmdhd version 1.28-27 (credits to CastagnaIT)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fix SUPPORT_PM2_ONLY option for p2p (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Update to version 1.88.4 (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Update to version 1.88.6 (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Update to version 1.88.7 (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fix WEP-104 authentication (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Update to version 1.88.10 (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Prevent recursive call of cfg80211_sched_scan_stopped() (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Enable full scan on PNO event (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Update to version 1.88.11 (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Update to version 1.88.16 (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Close p2p0 device in wl_down (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Update to version 1.88.21 (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fix tdls processing from cfg80211 (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Update to version 1.88.27 (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fix NDO functionality (credits to ECCO PARK)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Enable p2p support bits for p2p device (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Remove PASS_ARP_PACKET define (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Remove chatty message from wl_cfgp2p_act_frm_search (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Update to version 1.88.41 (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Update to version 1.88.42 (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Update to version 1.88.45 (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: enable WL_IFACE_COMB_NUM_CHANNELS (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Update Location Service code (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fix of Wireless Location Service (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fix of Wireless Location Service (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: new feature for Roaming. (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fixed Coverity issue. (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: fix for negative padding (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fixed Wi-Fi Location Service issues. (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: add code for WLS service. (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fix country checking (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: fixed power consumption issue of P2P. (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fixed a problem of buganizer issue (11190960) (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: reduced the wakelock time of RX packet (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: cancel current PNO if connection will happen (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Change DTIM skip policy in suspend (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Set MAX_DTIM_ALLOWED_INTERVAL to 600 (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Enable IPv6 RA filter feature (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: enable TDLS_auto_mode (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Sync with N5 branch (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Change the parameter for TDLS (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: support Hotspot 2.0 release 1.0 (credits to Ecco Park)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Add WIPHY_WOWLAN_ANY support (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Add support for hidden ssid PNO scan (credits to Ashwin)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: added samsung specific code (credits to CastagnaIT)
        - net: wireless: bcmdhd: readded samsung MCAST_LIST_ACCUMULATION code updated from jf (credits to CastagnaIT)
        - drivers: usb: Use Android device as USB keyboard/mouse (credits to Pranav Vashi)
        - touchscreen: ancora: Update touchscreen API (credits to sirmordred)
        - touchscreen: ancora: Add missing BTN_TOUCH (credits to arco68)
        - mmc: msm_sdcc: Remove unnecessary delay in interrupt context (credits to Venkat Gopalakrishnan)
        - USB: msm_otg: Fix host mode suspend bug (credits to Sujeet Kumar)
        - USB: msm_otg: Fix a bug in charger detection procedure (credits to Pavankumar Kondeti)
        - defconfig: ancora: Set ROW scheduler as default (credits to arco68)
        - msm: kgsl: Force the ME off before reading the microcode (credits to Jordan Crouse)
        - msm: kgsl: Increase the timeout value for fault detection (credits to Shubhraprakash Das)
        - msm: kgsl: Don't hold the refernce to the process private in kgsl create context (credits to Gaurav Gagrani)
        - n_tty: Fix n_tty_write crash when echoing in raw mode (credits to Peter Hurley)
        - msm_bam_rmnet: Fix potential memory corruption (credits to Subash Abhinov Kasiviswanathan)
        - fs: exFAT: Update to v1.2.9 (credits to arco68)
        - msm: qdsp5v2: Convert all audio devices to ION. (credits to Blefish)
        - msm: qdsp5v2: Minor code sync. (credits to Blefish)
        - devices-msm7x30: #ifdef around msm_nand device (credits to arco68)
        - board-ancora: Minor updates and changes (credits to arco68)
        - defconfigs: Set ROW scheduler as default for ariesve, ancora_tmo and apache too (credits to Christopher83)
        - lcd: ancora: Adjust porch values for rev. 2 panels (credits to arco68)
        - lcdc:ancora:Adjust porch values for rev. 1 panels too (credits to arco68 and sirmordred)
    • 20140910 Release 11

• 20140808 Release 11 Rom: (DL from Dev-Host Mirror 1) - (DL from Dev-Host Mirror 2) - (DL from Mediafire Mirror 3)
        MD5: 133c7bd93c3a399ed30a9170e8b0a523
        Code:
        - KitKat 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
        - Rom is now built using Linaro GCC 4.8-2014.04 androideabi toolchain and
        Linaro GCC 4.8-2014.04 arm-eabi toolchain optimized for Cortex-A8 cpu by Christopher83
        - Reduce total number of background apps (credits to CastagnaIT)
        - ramdisk: Updates to wpa_supplicant service (credits to arco68)
        - Revert "Add lib for WVM extractor" (credits to arco68)
        - Remove cameradata files (credits to arco68)
      • 20140808 Kernel: (DL from Dev-Host Mirror 1) - (DL from Dev-Host Mirror 2) - (DL from Mediafire Mirror 3)
        MD5: ccbaa7896b8ad3a0c54902ed329576c1
        Code:
        - Kernel 3.4.102
        - usb: gadget: f_accessory: Enabled Zero Length Packet (ZLP) for acc_write (credits to Anson Jacob)
        - cgroup: Take css_set_lock from cgroup_css_sets_empty() (credits to Hans de Goede)
        - cgroup: Fix use after free of cgrp (cgrp->css_sets) (credits to Hans de Goede)
        - Revert "s3c2410_wdt: Add locking to cpu frequency transition notifier" (credits to Mark Salyzyn)
        - usb: gadget: f_audio_source: Fixed USB Audio Class Interface Descriptor (credits to Anson Jacob)
        - net: Zeroing the structure ethtool_wolinfo in ethtool_get_wol() (credits to Avijit Kanti Das)
        - Remove stray bcm4329 files (credits to arco68)
        - fs: exFAT: Update to v1.2.7 (credits to arco68)
        - ARM: 7583/1: decompressor: Enable unaligned memory access for v6 and above (credits to Dave Martin)
    • 20140714 Release 10

• 20140704 Release 9

• 20140622 Release 8

• 20140613 Release 7

• 20140525 Release 6

• 20140516 Release 5

• 20140321 Release 4

• 20140228 Release 3

• 20140216 Release 2

• 20140208 Release 1

• 20140125 Beta 4

• 20140118 Beta 3

• 20140102 Beta 2

• 20131220 Beta 1

Sources:

Credits and Thanks to:
    CyanogenMod Team for the huge work
    arco68, Christophe83, CastagnaIT, krislibaeer, ivendor, educk for their development on this device
    mikeioannina, Blefish for their development on other legacy devices
    ktulu84, Rhonin86, smeroni68, XeLLaR* for their help in testing
    Nello96 for the team logo
    Giacomo G., Jens G. for their donations

XDA:DevDB Information
    [GT-I9001][KK 4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 by ADC-Team - Kernel 3.4.x, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Contributors
    DevConnection_Team, CastagnaIT, Christopher83, educk, ivendor, krislibaeer, ktulu84, Rhonin86, smeroni68, XeLLaR*
    Source Code: https://github.com/AriesVE-DevCon-TEAM

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: ADCT-Recovery (TWRP/CWM)
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Release 17 [EOL]
    Stable Release Date: 2015-02-08

Created 2013-12-21
    Last Updated 2015-05-25
    Frequently Asked Questions:
    • My device keeps on booting inside recovery instead of rebooting the system, what I can do?
      If you have recovery bootloop problem, you should take a look at this post
    • How can I use BackLightNotifications feature?
      BLNv10 is activable/deactivable from AriesParts (Advanced Settings) or BLN Control Application (Free or Pro version)
    • Is the new recovery compatible with an old rom (CM 11.0, CM 10.2, CM 10.1, and previous)?
      No, the new recovery is compatible only with new CM 12.0 rom, CM 11.0 Release 15 and next releases. If you want to restore a previous backup taken with an old recovery (without partition reassignments), you should re-install the old recovery first, reboot inside recovery again and then restore the backup.
    • What does the emulated internal sd card mean and where my files are stored on it?
      The emulated internal sd card is a special folder (/data/media) available inside data partition and also simlinked to /sdcard, it's recognized as a FAT storage and can be used in place of the previous internal sd card. The emulated sd card shares the available space of data partition, but it's not wiped when you choose to wipe Data from recovery.
    • How can I get the transparent status bar and transparent lock screen background?
      By default, these features are disabled, because they are available for non lowram devices only, but you can enable them by deactivating LowRam switch inside Advanced Settings app (a reboot is needed).
    • How can I enable Developer and Performance options?
      You can enable these menu sections by tapping 7 times on Build number inside Settings -> About phone.
    • How can I enable Advanced Reboot options?
      You can enable the Advanced Reboot options inside Developer options.
    • What is ART?
      ART is the new selectable runtime virtual machine included in KitKat and aimed to replace Dalvik VM in the future.
      At the moment, the default runtime virtual machine (VM) on KitKat and the only one available on previous Android versions is Dalvik VM.
      Apps, excluding their native parts, are compiled from Java source code (but also written with other high-level languages) to a particular intermediate-level language, called byte-code, architecture independent, portable and runnable on every system that has the same/similar runtime VM. When the app is launched, its various required byte-code parts are loaded from disk, interpreted by the VM, compiled in machine code and then stored in RAM ready for the real execution. This process (known as JIT, just-in-time) requires some time and is not so efficient in terms of execution performance and cpu use, expecially on a device with a single core cpu...
      With ART runtime VM every app is compiled directly in machine code when downloaded from Play Store or during the first boot process after enabling this kind of VM.
      This means that there's no need to compile again and again the app byte-code when an app is launched, less time required to launch the app, less cpu use, better performance.
      Even if ART is in an experimental stage on KitKat, you can enable it inside Settings -> Developer Options -> Select Runtime -> Use ART, after that a reboot is required and you should wait about 30/60 minutes to complete this VM change (according to the number of installed apps).
    • I cannot mount internal SD card via mass storage, how can I fix this issue?
      You must use MTP protocol since emulated sd doesn't support mass storage.
      This is common on all devices with an emulated sd, that's why the mainly supported protocol is now MTP (expecially on Lollipop).
    • I cannot connect to my wifi router, how can I fix this issue?
      It has been reported that inside some country regions is not possible to successfully connect to wifi router.
      If you have this problem, check your wifi router configuration and try to switch from WPA2 to WPA security.
      This possible workaround has been reported by an Iranian user.
    • I'd like to go back to CM 11.0 Release 14 or a previous Android version, what should I do?
      - Reboot inside recovery
      - Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data, System, Android Secure
      - Reinstall old recovery (without partition reassignments)
      - Reboot inside the old recovery (Home -> Reboot -> Recovery)
      - Inside Advanced Wipe menu wipe SDcard as FAT partition (Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select SDcard -> Repair or Change File System -> Change File System -> FAT -> Swipe)
      - Perform the restore or the clean installation of the old Android system
    How to perform the calibration of Magnetic / Acceleration / Orientation Sensors

1. Horizontal Calibration:
      Open Advanced Settings and select Horizontal Calibration, place the phone over a flat and horizontal surface, then press Calibrate.
      Horizontal_Calib.png
    2. Magnetic Field Calibration
      After installing a compass app or another app that uses the magnetic sensor, open that and perform an 8 shape, as shown in this video.
      The calibration movement is a combined one over all axes and will result in a residual magnetism removal (reset), please perform a slow movement, it's not important the direction you'll follow, just do once or more times until you get the correct calibration.
      To know if the calibration is correct, you must know where is approximately the North and look with a compass app if the needle is pointing there. If it's so, try rotating the phone of 90, 180, 270 degree, finally go back to 360 degrees and look if the needle is pointing always to North during the performed rotation.
      If this easy test give positive results, your magnetic sensor has been correctly calibrated.

Orientation1.png
      Orientation2.png
      Orientation3.png
      Orientation4.png

Compass1.png
      Compass2.png
      Compass3.png
      Compass4.png

Note:
    • After performing the above calibrations, the orientation and magnetic field sensors will give the correct values with all apps.
    • Our phone is known to have a native shift of some degrees respect to the North, but this is a hardware limitation due probably to the orientation of the chip welded on the board.
    • This procedure can be used also after a new flash of a compatible custom kernel in case the sensors are not correctly working.

Legacy Sensors / Virtual Sensors
    These sensors are called virtual, because our device hasn't a real hardware chip for them, but by utilizing some data processing techniques and by merging the values coming from accelerometer and magnetic field sensors, it's possible to extrapolate the approximated values of these virtual sensors.
    Please note that not all apps support the virtual sensors, to perform a test we suggest the app S Tools+.
    CyanogenMod 11.0 by ADC-Team - Release 4 (ION)

CyanogenMod 11.0 by ADC-Team - Release 4 (ION)

ROM Changelog:
    Code:
    [b]device/samsung/ariesve[/b]
    - ril: fix custom RIL for new API (credits to CastagnaIT)
    - BoardConfig: enabled legacy sensors fusion (credits to CastagnaIT)
    - recovery: pre-built kernel no longer needed (credits to krislibaeer)
    - recovery: support twrp recovery (credits to krislibaeer)
    - sepolicy: add more selinux for rmt storage fix shutdown issue with new recoveries (credits to krislibaeer)
    [b]framework/base[/b]
    - Restored original autobrightness speed (credits to CastagnaIT)
    - Improved the minimum amount of time that must have elapsed for change the rotation (credits to CastagnaIT)
    - Frameworks: Lockscreen Blur (credits to CastagnaIT)
    [b]framework/native[/b]
    - sensorservice: Add legacy sensors fusion. (credits to CastagnaIT)
    - native: add flag to disable legacy sensors fusion (credits to CastagnaIT)
    [b]packages/apps/Settings[/b]
    - Lockscreen: See through (2/2) (credits to CastagnaIT)
    - Settings: add Advanced menu for device-specific settings app (credits to CastagnaIT)
    [b]vendor/samsung/ariesve[/b]
    - Add lib for WVM extractor (credits to arco68)

Kernel Changelog:
    Code:
    - Kernel 3.4.83
    - misc: bln: Cancel pending blinking/static light works on lights off (credits to Christopher83)
    - media: Init the reserved fields of struct media_link_desc (credits to Deva Ramasubramanian)
    - power: don't wait for timeout if sys_sync completes early (credits to Srinivasarao P)
    CyanogenMod 11.0 by ADC-Team - Release 1 (ION)

New update on first post!! Release 1 released

ROM Changelog:
    Code:
    - AriesParts: Remove a string no more used (credits to Christopher83)
    - AriesParts: Greek translation (credits to chrisg4)
    - AriesParts: Dutch translation (credits to Marshian)
    - AriesParts: Polish translation (credits to lexarks)
    - AriesParts: Chinese translation (credits to zxc123coke)
    - AriesParts: Hungarian translation (credits to shiftyHungary)
    - AriesParts: Remove no more used TouchKeyBacklight class (credits to Christopher83)
    - AriesParts: Reworked LowRam switch (credits to Christopher83)
    - AriesParts: German translation (credits to Rhonin86)
    - CameraHAL: Some changes and cleanup for better readability (credits to Christopher83)
    - CameraHAL: Use the orientation provided by camera info (credits to Christopher83)
    - GlobalActions: Set the initial status of airplane mode toggle (credits to Christopher83)
    - Revert "Remove harmful attempts to be helpful in pthread_mutex functions" (credits to Steve Kondik)
    - Allow forcing HighEndGfx mode (credits to Andrew Sutherland)
    - Add option to force high-end graphics on low memory devices (credits to Konsta Tuomio)
         This option enables some graphics effects like the transparent notification bar.
         You can find the new option inside Settings -> Performance -> Force High End Graphics

Kernel Changelog:
    Code:
    - Kernel 3.4.79
    - misc: bln: Turn off touch-keys after the completion of a notification (credits to Christopher83)
    - msm: camera: Set correct mount angle for S5KA3DFX front camera (credits to Christopher83)
    - block: bfq: Squashed update from v6r2 to v7 (credits to arco68)
    - cpufreq: Fix policy getting stuck when user & kernel min/max don't overlap (credits to Saravana Kannan)
    - arm: if there's no handler we need to restore sigmask, syscall or no syscall (credits to Al Viro)
    - arm: new way of handling ERESTART_RESTARTBLOCK (credits to Al Viro)
    - driver core: fix possible missing of device probe (credits to Sagar Dharia)
    - mach-msm:bus_config:fix possible missing error check (credits to Swetha Chikkaboraiah)
    - diag: Reduce error message frequency (credits to Katish Paran)
    - Rotator getting stuck leading to fence timeout (credits to Justin Philip)
    - block: add a flag to identify PM request (credits to Lin Ming)
    - block: add runtime pm helpers (credits to Lin Ming)
    - block: implement runtime pm strategy (credits to Lin Ming)
    - blkpm: avoid sleep when holding queue lock (credits to Aaron Lu)
    - block: allow REQ_PM requests even when the device is suspended (credits to Sujit Reddy Thumma)
    - block: do not notify urgent request, when flush with data in flight (credits to Konstantin Dorfman)
    - Bluetooth: Replace sprintf with snprintf (credits to Juffin Alex Varghese)
    - msm_serial_hs: Discard Clock On/Off request after Port Close (credits to Dilip Kota)
    - block: bfq: Squashed update from v7 to v7r1 (credits to arco68)
    - cpufreq: interactive: fix compiling warnings (credits to Chih-Wei Huang)
    - cpufreq: interactive: Allow 1 ms error in above_hispeed_delay comparisons (credits to Rohit Gupta)
    - cpufreq: interactive: Reset floor_validate_time if busy at max for 100ms (credits to Rohit Gupta)
    - cpufreq: interactive: Add a sampling_down_factor for max frequencies (credits to Rohit Gupta)
    - cpufreq: interactive: Remove trace event from idle_start handler (credits to Rohit Gupta)
    - cpuidle: make a single register function for all (credits to Daniel Lezcano)
    - debug-pagealloc: Panic on pagealloc corruption (credits to Subbaraman Narayanamurthy)
    - ext4: speed up truncate/unlink by not using bforget() unless needed (credits to Andrey Sidorov)
    - jbd2: optimize jbd2_journal_force_commit (credits to mrg666)
    - mm: methods for teaching filesystems about PG_swapcache pages (credits to Mel Gorman)
    - msm: kgsl: Fix mem leak when page allocation fails (credits to Hareesh Gundu)
    - msm: kgsl: Change an overflow check to be "smart" compiler proof (credits to Jordan Crouse)
    - msm: kgsl: Fix overflow check in mmap_range_valid (credits to Jordan Crouse)
    - msm: vidc: enable pic_order_cnt_type for H264 encoding (credits to srikarri)
    - ping: prevent NULL pointer dereference on write to msg_name (credits to Hannes Frederic Sowa)
    - SELinux: Fix kernel BUG on empty security contexts. (credits to Stephen Smalley)
    - sync: Fix a race condition between release_obj and print_obj (credits to Alistair Strachan)
    - tcp: add a sysctl to config the tcp_default_init_rwnd (credits to JP Abgrall)
    - uio: msm_shared: Add support for platform data (credits to Pratibhasagar V)
    - writeback: fix race that cause writeback hung (credits to Junxiao Bi)