[GT-I9001][ROM][ION][5.0.2][LRX22G] CyanogenMod 12.0 by ADC-Team [02/04/2015][EOL]

Search This thread

Hugo-PT

Jan 1, 2014
Matosinhos
I can't set any ringtone besides the default ones.
If I insert my ringtone in /system/media/audio/ringtones, even convert it to .ogg, and try to play it from settings -> choose ringtone, no sound comes out. If I just go ahead and set it as a ringtone, the phone would play something else when my phone rings. Tried putting them to internal & external sdcards, tried both .mp3 and .ogg, but no luck.

The files are fine, I can play them from Music apps, and I have used those same ringtones before.

In my case, I just need to go through music player from ES explorer app, and choose the option to apply as a ringtone, and from there I have several options of how I want to apply
So, no need to convert or go to system folders
I have all my music (in mp3) on the micro sd card and I have no problem with that
Try it :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA Free mobile app

Voxxx

Sep 25, 2007
bucharest
I can't set any ringtone besides the default ones.
If I insert my ringtone in /system/media/audio/ringtones, even convert it to .ogg, and try to play it from settings -> choose ringtone, no sound comes out. If I just go ahead and set it as a ringtone, the phone would play something else when my phone rings. Tried putting them to internal & external sdcards, tried both .mp3 and .ogg, but no luck.

The files are fine, I can play them from Music apps, and I have used those same ringtones before.

Install another kernel! Try K^kernel if you have default...

Last edited:

Lucenzo7

May 29, 2012
Serbia
Copy the .mp3 file/ringtone to your sd card, open your music player, go to the .mp3 file you want to set as ringtone, press the tree dots and set it as ringtone.
Should work fine

Install another kernel! Try K^kernel if you have default...

I'm using K^Kernel already, the latest version. I found out that I can use Zedge to set a ringtone, but with file manager or music app it fails.

Reactions: Ingeniosus

Ingeniosus

Apr 30, 2013
Definitely is not a kernel or ROM problem
I tried with stock and now with k^kernel, and i'm not facing that kind of problems

I tested it and I think it is may related to SELinux.
The method that I wrote yesterday actually doesn't work on the newest release and I got the following log:
Code:
<4>[103190.816375] type=1400 audit(1423393757.151:1035): avc: denied { read } for pid=12579 comm="Binder_1" path=2F73746F726167652F736463617264312F4D757369632F416674657273686F77202D204C5A372F4C5A37202D2057686F6576657220536169642028666561742E204775766E612042292E6D7033 dev="fuse" ino=1100557192 scontext=u:r:system_server:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:fuse:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
But I am not 100% sure whether this log has something to do with our ringtone problem ot not :eek:
Neverthless copying the mp3 to system/media/audio/ringtones and setting the file permissions to -rw-r--r-- worked for me

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucenzo7

draskome

Jul 7, 2013
Kotor
OnePlus 6
Huawei P30 Pro
Installed latest version (31.01), so I can share my experience and first impressions...
Following instructions exactly, installation was very easy. First boot took maybe 15 minutes.
After that, OS was not really ready for normal use for hours, since there is a lot of lags, freezings, issues like absence of keyboard when you need to enter account user name or password.... After few reboots, everything works fine, but still noticeably slower when compared with 4.4 ROM. So, for now, KK I a better choice for anyone who uses this phone as a primary device.

Since S+ is now my spare phone and no one uses it, I will be able (and willing) to experiment with it a lot :)

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: devotek

Lucenzo7

May 29, 2012
Serbia
I tested it and I think it is may related to SELinux.
The method that I wrote yesterday actually doesn't work on the newest release and I got the following log:
Code:
<4>[103190.816375] type=1400 audit(1423393757.151:1035): avc: denied { read } for pid=12579 comm="Binder_1" path=2F73746F726167652F736463617264312F4D757369632F416674657273686F77202D204C5A372F4C5A37202D2057686F6576657220536169642028666561742E204775766E612042292E6D7033 dev="fuse" ino=1100557192 scontext=u:r:system_server:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:fuse:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
But I am not 100% sure whether this log has something to do with our ringtone problem ot not :eek:
Neverthless copying the mp3 to system/media/audio/ringtones and setting the file permissions to -rw-r--r-- worked for me

Changed permissions and it works now, thanks!

__Britain__

May 12, 2012
I can confirm this too
But for now, we have to be patient and wait, and see if the Devs can solve it, in future releases :fingers-crossed:

Why my External SD not mount automatic when I remove and insert it back.. Now I need to reboot for solve my problems. Do you know how to fix it?
I'm having this problem as well, the thing is most of the times my external sd doesn't even mount on reboot. I hope this will be fixed soon. And by the way I have a ext2 partition, should I just change it to ext4 or f2fs for example?

Cheers

boko_to

Apr 29, 2014
Brno
Installed latest version (31.01), so I can share my experience and first impressions...
Following instructions exactly, installation was very easy. First boot took maybe 15 minutes.
After that, OS was not really ready for normal use for hours, since there is a lot of lags, freezings, issues like absence of keyboard when you need to enter account user name or password.

I agree with that assessment completely- I initially tried the F2FS method (on K'Kernel v 3.4) and the phone was so slow almost unusable at times. After about 2 days trying to find different settings which work, i finally gave up and re-formatted back to ext4.
I could now say it works certainly better than F2FS. The funny thing is that I have an HTC Pico ( Explorer ) which is also using F2FS on L 5.0.2 . Strangely enough the Pico with its inferior HW ( MSM 7225A) and max Oc'ed at 878 Mhz, handles F2FS visibly better, even though it also lags but still within acceptable limits.
So I believe, there is still a lot of fine-tuning to be done before we see a fully operational F2FS on the SGS +.

Christopher83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2012
Milan
CyanogenMod 12.0 by ADC-Team [Beta 08/02/2015]

CyanogenMod 12.0 by ADC-Team [Beta 08/02/2015]

Code:
- Lollipop 5.0.2 (LRX22G)
- Synched with latest CyanogenMod 12.0 sources
[B]device/samsung/ariesve[/B]
- device: Add ethernet feature (credits to sirmordred)
- device: Move AAPT config to cm.mk (credits to arco68)
- overlay: Re-disable fading marquee again (credits to sirmordred)
- overlay: Update MMS options (credits to sirmordred)
- overlay: Add new default wallpaper for 480x800 (credits to arco68)
- ramdisk: Remove crypto module triggers (credits to sirmordred)
- ramdisk: Set permissions through init instead of script for bt/mac address (credits to sirmordred)
- ramdisk: Blank & unblank framebuffer to clear splash screen while on bootanimation (credits to sirmordred)
- BoardConfig: Build wifi-hal (credits to sirmordred)
- sepolicy: Address some denials (credits to arco68)
[B]kernel/samsung/msm7x30[/B]
- Kernel 3.4.106
- selinux: fix inode security list corruption (credits to Stephen Smalley)
- ipv4: try to cache dst_entries which would cause a redirect (credits to Hannes Frederic Sowa)

Last edited:

Hugo-PT

Jan 1, 2014
Matosinhos
In this latest build, the problem with GPS is now solved :good:
Thanks guys for that :)

Cheers,
Hugo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-10-12-48-40.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-10-12-48-40.png
    63 KB · Views: 677

kaarl

Jan 24, 2012
RealMe X3 SuperZoom
build-in display is not set as secured

Hi all, I was looking for reason of black screen in banking apps and probably find it. Layout in application is rendered and active but it is anonymised. In attachement is dumpsys for SurfaceFlinger service where you can see that build-in display is not set as secured but application want secure display (line 109). I didn't found define QCOM_BSP which is used in android_frameworks_native/services/surfaceflinger/DisplayHardware/HWComposer.cpp. I don't work in C++ so maybe I was looking at wrong places.

Tested on Beta 08/02/2015 and K^Kernel 3.4.106 v3.5.

Christopher can you check it please? You can test it on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.rb.app.smartphonebanking.
Thanks.

kaarl

Attachments

• dump_surfaceflinger.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 37

daktyl0

May 20, 2012
Am I the only one who is facing a bootloop when upgraded from the previous version (31/01/2015)? /data and /cache are formatted as F2FS, /system as ext4. The older build worked properly on this setup.
I redownloaded the file in case it got corrupted during the download but it didn't change a thing, I waited over 5 hours. Should I try a clean install or reinstall the previous version for a time being? I'd like to
give you more detailed info on this one. If it's possible to access the logs via TWRP please tell me how to do so and I will post them here. Maybe it's a SELinux denial which prevents the boot process from completing.

Hi all, I was looking for reason of black screen in banking apps and probably find it. Layout in application is rendered and active but it is anonymised. In attachement is dumpsys for SurfaceFlinger service where you can see that build-in display is not set as secured but application want secure display (line 109). I didn't found define QCOM_BSP which is used in android_frameworks_native/services/surfaceflinger/DisplayHardware/HWComposer.cpp. I don't work in C++ so maybe I was looking at wrong places.

Tested on Beta 08/02/2015 and K^Kernel 3.4.106 v3.5.

Christopher can you check it please? You can test it on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.rb.app.smartphonebanking.
Thanks.

kaarl

I am very happy that you've looked a little further into this issue (which I reported some time ago BTW http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57884176&postcount=418). I hope what you've found is a valuable clue that will help to solve the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deadnight93

draskome

Jul 7, 2013
Kotor
OnePlus 6
Huawei P30 Pro
Am I the only one who is facing a bootloop when upgraded from the previous version (31/01/2015)? /data and /cache are formatted as F2FS, /system as ext4. The older build worked properly on this setup.
I redownloaded the file in case it got corrupted during the download but it didn't change a thing, I waited over 5 hours.
I have the same partitition formatting (system - ext4 and the others F2FS).
I've upgraded from 31/01 beta to this release by flashing new ROM, than K kernel 3.5 and then newest micro PAGapps(08/02) . After that rebooted normally, and everything works as expected. No issues of any kind so far..

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher83

zm.kudos

Oct 17, 2013
I have the same partitition formatting (system - ext4 and the others F2FS).
I've upgraded from 31/01 beta to this release by flashing new ROM, than K kernel 3.5 and then newest micro PAGapps(08/02) . After that rebooted normally, and everything works as expected. No issues of any kind so far..

works great for me, I flashed in same order, new ROM, then K kernel 3.5 and then micro PAGapps(08/02).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

attachment.php

logo-cid.png

Hi everyone,
    I'm proud to present our build of CyanogenMod 12.0 for the Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001).

Pay attention:
    Since the canonical partitions of our device have insufficient space suitable to satisfy Android L requirements, it has been needed to reorganize partition assignments and to use internal sdcard as new data partition.
    The internal sd card is now emulated and shares the available space of data partition.
    By doing so, we have plenty of space for system (1.3 GB), cache (520 MB) and data + internal sd (4.7 GB) partitions.

Working features:
    • Audio
    • Receiving and making calls
    • GPS
    • Hardware sensors (Light, Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration)
    • Legacy sensors / Virtual sensors (Gravity, Linear acceleration, Rotation vector)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • MTP storage
    • HW accelerated gui
    • HW accelerated video
    • Camera
    • Voip video calls
    • BLNv10
    • USB/Wifi tethering
    • VSync
    • Phantom key presses filtering
    • USB OTG (check here for the needed Y cable)
    • MicroSD exFAT support
    • zRam
    • F2FS support for /data partition
    Known issues:
    • Video recording at 720p quality may cause a force close of Camera app, so it's better to use 480p quality until this issue will be fixed
    Not working features:
    • Nothing at the moment...

Disclaimer:
    Your warranty is now void.

We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

How to install the rom:
    If you're coming from a stock rom, a previous Android version (CM 9, CM 10, CM 10.1, CM 10.2 and derivatives) or if you have a CM 11.0 older than Release 15, read carefully the following steps
    • Download the rom, gapps and the new TWRP recovery (its mandatory)
    • If you have an external sd, you may already copy the downloaded files on it, please don't flash anything yet, read the following steps
    • Backup your data, like call history, contacts, sms, favourite app settings inside external sd (by using Titanium Backup or other apps available on PlayStore)
    • Backup your internal sd content, because all its content will be lost (you may copy the full content on a pc or inside a new folder of your external sd)
    • If you have WhatsApp, copy the folder /sdcard/WhatsApp inside /external_sd/Whatsapp, so you are ready to restore all your conversations after the re-installation of the app
    • Copy the content of the folder /sdcard/DCIM inside /external_sd/DCIM, so your taken pictures stored inside internal sdcard will be preserved
    • Reboot inside CWM or TWRP recovery which not includes new partition assignments
    • Perform a nandroid backup inside external sdcard (inside TWRP, Backup -> Select all the partitions -> Select Micro SD card as storage -> Swipe)
    • Install the new TWRP recovery that includes new partition assignments
    • Reboot inside TWRP recovery again, because now you must be sure to use the new one (inside TWRP, Home -> Reboot -> Recovery)
    • Wipe Data as ext4 or f2fs partition (Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select Data -> Repair or Change File System -> Change File System -> EXT4 or F2FS -> Swipe)
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache, System and Android Secure (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe)
    • If you haven't copied the installation files yet, be sure that MTP is enabled (inside Mounts, click on Enable MTP), then, from your pc, copy the files inside internal sd or external sd
    • Install the rom package
    • Install the gapps package
    • Reboot the system
    • If you performed a backup with an app, on external sd or on pc, you may restore the saved data and copy/move /external_sd/Whatsapp folder to /sdcard/Whatsapp again
    • Enjoy Lollipop
    If you're updating a CM 12.0 released after 21/12/2014
    • Reboot inside recovery (always the new one)
    • Install the rom update
    • Reboot the system

Downloads:
    • TWRP 2.8.1.0 recovery [17/01/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: f0c43dc355571554be6d0bad047c94cd
      Note: This recovery includes new partition assignments and supports F2FS partitions
    • Android 5.0 Gapps: [Consolidated Gapps]
      Choose the ones you prefer...
      [*] CM 12.0 Beta [02/04/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: 06ea7a4313d00d694b15efdc181f9caa
      Code:
      - prop: Add property to indicate we support usb-otg (credits to sirmordred)
      - camera: Modify base.common.version API define (credits to arco68)
      - Revert "device: Move AAPT config to cm.mk" (credits to Christopher83)
      - device: Disable HW MP3 decoder (credits to sirmordred)
      - media_profiles: [TEMP] temporarly disable 720p recording for back camera (credits to sirmordred)
      - BoardConfig: Enable another healthd charger option (credits to sirmordred)
      - liblights: Some updates (credits to sirmordred)
      - liblights: Additional changes (credits to Christopher83)
      - device: Removed deprecated egl.cfg (credits to sirmordred)
      - prop: Disable offload audio (credits to arco68)
      - rootdir: Increase zram disk size to 256mb on 512mb devices (credits to arco68)
      - rootdir: Increase Swappiness to 100 (credits to arco68)
      - device: Add support for display color calibration (KCAL) (credits to arco68)
      - USB: gadget: qdss: Fix strncmp length usage (credits to Kumar Gala)
      - msm: camera: Increased MAX_PMEM_CFG_BUFFERS (credits to sirmordred)
      - Revert "msm_fb: Fix backlight issue on ancora and ancora_tmo" (credits to sirmordred)
      - nl80211: Correct the usage of command NL80211_CMD_VENDOR (credits to Sunil Dutt)
      - nl80211: Fix backport of struct wiphy_vendor_command (credits to Jeff Johnson)
      - fs/proc/task_mmu.c: add user-space support for resetting mm->hiwater_rss (peak RSS) (credits to Petr Cermak)
      - Set the iif for IPv6 packets as well. (credits to Lorenzo Colitti)
      - net: ipv6: make "ip -6 route get mark xyz" work. (credits to Lorenzo Colitti)
      - diag: Make fixes to diag_switch_logging (credits to Ravi Aravamudhan)
      - seq_file: always update file->f_pos in seq_lseek() (credits to Devin Kim)
      - cgroup: remove synchronize_rcu() from cgroup_attach_{task|proc}() (credits to Devin Kim)
      - vfs: check if f_count is 0 or negative (credits to Shengzhe Zhao)
      - msm_fb: Fix GC & IGC LUT (credits to Blefish)
      - msm_fb: Enable MDP4 IGC LUT (credits to Blefish)
      - msm_fb: Add KCAL interface (credits to Blefish)
      - drivers: Updated vibrator driver (credits to sirmordred)
      - msm: camera: Updated ledflash driver (credits to sirmordred)
      - Revert "drivers: usb: Use Android device as USB keyboard/mouse" (credits to sirmordred)
      - drivers: video: ancora: Fixed indentation and cleaned up whitespaces (credits to sirmordred)
      - mmc: core: Increased timeout limits to improve handling of bad sd cards (credits to sirmordred)
      - drivers: input: melfas: Add keydisabler (credits to sirmordred)
      [*] Stock Kernel [02/04/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: 732fde8a5e962f6ac8686576c5cd6df8
      Note: This stock kernel is already included inside the rom, it's provided in case you installed a custom kernel and would like to re-install the stock one

Old Builds:

• CM 12.0 Beta [28/02/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: c2f53d69d0a13f2ddccbb1fbab927e59
      Code:
      - BoardConfig: Disable another unsupported audio feature (credits to sirmordred)
      - device: Use local copy of wpa_supplicant_overlay_conf (credits to sirmordred)
      - sepolicy: Fix denials writing to external sd in UMS mode (credits to arco68)
      - overlay: Set external storage devices as non-emulated (credits to arco68)
      - ramdisk: Change permissions on external storage mount points (credits to arco68)
      - ramdisk: Update healthd charger service (credits to sirmordred)
      - config: Update audio_policy.conf (credits to arco68)
      - prop: Switch to NuPlayer (credits to arco68)
      - USB: android: release spinlock before queuing work in android_setup (credits to Tarun Gupta)
      - usb: gadget: Ignore the second set_config from the host (credits to ChandanaKishori Chiluveru)
      - usb: android: Skip the work when set_config arrives with same value twice (credits to ChandanaKishori Chiluveru)
      - usb: android: Fixup multiple lun support (credits to arco68)
      - msm: camera: s5k4ecgx: Set mount angle from platform data (credits to sirmordred)
    • Stock Kernel [28/02/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: e1e3b3b78aee4133a193f91e006c5f5c
    • CM 12.0 Beta [08/02/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: a0b32d2bc4399ec567df1b0fc3663c7d
      Code:
      - device: Add ethernet feature (credits to sirmordred)
      - device: Move AAPT config to cm.mk (credits to arco68)
      - overlay: Re-disable fading marquee again (credits to sirmordred)
      - overlay: Update MMS options (credits to sirmordred)
      - overlay: Add new default wallpaper for 480x800 (credits to arco68)
      - ramdisk: Remove crypto module triggers (credits to sirmordred)
      - ramdisk: Set permissions through init instead of script for bt/mac address (credits to sirmordred)
      - ramdisk: Blank & unblank framebuffer to clear splash screen while on bootanimation (credits to sirmordred)
      - BoardConfig: Build wifi-hal (credits to sirmordred)
      - sepolicy: Address some denials (credits to arco68)
      - Kernel 3.4.106
      - selinux: fix inode security list corruption (credits to Stephen Smalley)
      - ipv4: try to cache dst_entries which would cause a redirect (credits to Hannes Frederic Sowa)
    • Stock Kernel [08/02/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: 08ab571f0d46fda1205be95a97747342
    • CM 12.0 Beta [31/01/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: a95991ea87fb071e03db0d40167ace7f
      Code:
      - device: Support for F2FS formatted /data partition (credits to Christopher83)
      - ril: Fix multi-part SMS sending (credits to Christopher83)
      - sepolicy: Allow system server to R/W from radio devices (credits to Christopher83)
      - defconfig: Back to enforced SELinux (credits to Christopher83)
      - staging: android: ashmem: add missing include (credits to Rom Lemarchand)
      - net: wireless: bcmdhd: Remove WLAN_CIPHER_SUITE_AES_CMAC advertisement (credits to Dmitry Shmidt)
      - gpu: ion: Refactor locking (credits to Srinivasarao P)
      - gpu: ion: use a list instead of a tree for heap debug memory map (credits to Srinivasarao P)
      - gpu: ion: fix locking issues in debug code (credits to Mitchel Humpherys)
      - gpu: ion: add locking to traversal of volatile rb tree (credits to Srinivasarao P)
      - gpu: ion: Delete invalid extra file (credits to Pradosh Das)
      - drivers: video: msm: Cleanup some dead codes (credits to sirmordred)
      - decompressor: add LZ4 decompressor module (credits to Kyungsik Lee)
      - lib: add support for LZ4-compressed kernel (credits to Kyungsik Lee)
      - lib: add lz4 compressor module (credits to Chanho Min)
      - lib/lz4: correct the LZ4 license (credits to Richard Laager)
      - lz4: fix compression/decompression signedness mismatch (credits to Sergey Senozhatsky)
      - lz4: ensure length does not wrap (credits to Greg Kroah-Hartman)
      - lz4: fix another possible overrun (credits to Greg Kroah-Hartman)
      - lz4: add overrun checks to lz4_uncompress_unknownoutputsize() (credits to Greg Kroah-Hartman)
      - Update zram and zsmalloc up-to 3.17 kernel changes (credits to sirmordred and mikeioannina)
      - defconfig: Use LZ4 algorithm for ZRAM compression/decompression (credits to sirmordred)
      - msm7x30: Change all heap types to CMA (credits to sirmordred and Blefish)
      - msm7x30: Workaround deep sleep issue after switching to CMA (credits to Christopher83)
      - msm7x30: Increase ION memory heap for surfaceflinger (credits to Christopher83)
      - defconfig: Update zram and zsmalloc options (credits to Christopher83)
      - f2fs: Sync F2FS to Jaegeuk's linux-3.4 branch (credits to Jaegeuk Kim and Christopher83)
    • Stock Kernel [01/02/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: cede93fb8b3016cb1a3d3efbebf8f551
    • CM 12.0 Alpha [23/01/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: 0dbfda56afd2a27b63620a19b588bbca
      Code:
      - sepolicy: Further changes fixed-up inside previously made commits (credits to Christopher83)
      - gps: Makefiles cleanup and some changes to correctly build GPS HAL (credits to Christopher83)
      - gps: Zero-out dev structure after checking for NULL (credits to Christopher83)
      - AriesParts: Better management of R/W operations on system properties (credits to Christopher83)
      - BoardConfig: Enable some charger options (credits to mikeioannina)
      - BoardConfig: Disable some audio features (credits to arco68)
      - prop: Enable high-end graphic effects by default (credits to Christopher83)
      - HID: input: generic hidinput_input_event handler (credits to David Herrmann)
      - cpufreq: Avoid using global variable total_cpus (credits to Ruchi Kandoi)
      - net/ping: handle protocol mismatching scenario (credits to Jane Zhou)
      - net: ipv6: allow choosing optimistic addresses with use_optimistic (credits to Erik Kline)
      - netfilter: IDLETIMER: fix invalid deference of timer (credits to JP Abgrall)
      - prctl: make PR_SET_TIMERSLACK_PID pid namespace aware (credits to Micha Kalfon)
      - crypto: Prepare for optimized AES and SHA1 routines (credits to arco68)
      - arm/crypto: Add optimized AES and SHA1 routines (credits to David McCullough)
      - ARM: 7626/1: arm/crypto: Make asm SHA-1 and AES code Thumb-2 compatible (credits to Dave Martin)
      - ARM: 7723/1: crypto: sha1-armv4-large.S: fix SP handling (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
      - ARM: 7837/3: fix Thumb-2 bug in AES assembler code (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
      - ARM: move AES typedefs and function prototypes to separate header (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
      - ARM: add support for bit sliced AES using NEON instructions (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
      - ARM: add .gitignore entry for aesbs-core.S (credits to Russell King)
      - CRYPTO: Fix more AES build errors (credits to Russell King)
      - crypto: arm-aes - fix encryption of unaligned data (credits to Mikulas Patocka)
      - ARM: 8118/1: crypto: sha1/make use of common SHA-1 structures (credits to Jussi Kivilinna)
      - ARM: 8119/1: crypto: sha1: add ARM NEON implementation (credits to Jussi Kivilinna)
      - ARM: 8120/1: crypto: sha512: add ARM NEON implementation (credits to Jussi Kivilinna)
      - ARM: add support for kernel mode NEON (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
      - crypto: create generic version of ablk_helper (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
      - ARM: move VFP init to an earlier boot stage (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
      - ARM: Perform the creation of procfs node for VFP later (credits to Christopher83)
      - ARM: pull in <asm/simd.h> from asm-generic (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
      - defconfig: Enable NEON optimized AES and SHA1 crypto routines (credits to Christopher83)
      - defconfig: Build QCOM crypto device as built-in (credits to Christopher83)
      - pstore: selinux: add security in-core xattr support for pstore and debugfs (credits to Mark Salyzyn)
      - KEYS: close race between key lookup and freeing (credits to Sasha Levin)
      - msm_fb: Fix RGB pipe offset issue (credits to Blefish)
      - msm: mdp.c fix deadlock which causes blue screen (credits to Vinu Deokaran)
      - msm: rq_stats: Use cpufreq API to get the current frequency (credits to Archana Sathyakumar)
      For enforced stock kernel:
      - defconfig: Back to enforced SELinux (credits to Christopher83)
    • Stock Kernel with SELinux set to Permissive [23/01/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: f53fa2fb40026a26cad6a2db1ce2ae3d
    • Stock Kernel with SELinux set to Enforcing [23/01/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: c8ff3cd88f5ac07f8267cd1945b75548
    • CM 12.0 Alpha [13/01/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: c65d68a480dbe99efc1eff20ca10962e
      Code:
      - AriesParts: Use Material design on Android L (credits to Christopher83, thanks to Ingeniosus for the new launcher icon)
      - AriesParts: Fix various warnings and remove unused imports (credits to Christopher83)
      - AriesParts: Use spaces instead of tabs for indentations (credits to Christopher83)
      - AriesParts: Remove _head postfix from string names (credits to Christopher83)
      - AriesParts: Add SeekBarPreference (taken from PkfManager project) (credits to Christopher83)
      - AriesParts: Add two options for max background apps and services (credits to Christopher83)
      - AriesParts: Update German translation (credits to to hennymcc and Rhonin86)
      - AriesParts: Update Italian translation (credits to Christopher83)
      - AriesParts: Update Chinese translation (credits to zxc123coke)
      - BoardConfig: Make dexpreopt flag compatible for multiplatform compiling (credits to Harakhti)
      - device: Use healtd charger during off-mode charging (credits to Christopher83)
      - bluetooth: Updated config (credits to sirmordred)
      - gps: Some improvements to HAL (credits to sirmordred)
      - ril: Ignore getCellInfoList and setCellInfoListRate calls (credits to arco68)
      - overlay: Update device hardware keys integer (credits to arco68)
      - overlay: Add deviceHardwareWakeKeys config (credits to arco68)
      - overlay: Updated overlay for recent fw/base changes (credits to sirmordred)
      - prop: Increase max background services to 8 (credits to Christopher83)
      - prop: Update the property name for AwesomePlayer usage (credits to Christopher83)
      - prop: Removed deprecated properties (credits to sirmordred)
      - prop: Add back debug.egl.hw=1 (credits to arco68)
      - Revert "ramdisk: Remove permissions change for /proc/cmdline on early-init" (credits to arco68)
      - ramdisk: Some updates and cleanups (credits to Christopher83)
      - ramdisk: Add config for USB charging (credits to arco68)
      - ramdisk: Use NOOP I/O scheduler during boot (credits to Christopher83)
      - sepolicy: Allow read/write on device-specific sysfs files (credits to Christopher83)
      - sepolicy: Allow system apps, like AriesParts, to perform su shell commands (credits to Christopher83)
      - sepolicy: Add missing policies for bluetooth (credits to Christopher83)
      - sepolicy: Add missing policies for netd (credits to Christopher83)
      - sepolicy: Fix additional denials (credits to Christopher83)
    • Stock Kernel [13/01/2015]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: 35ea6d1f78840f82ec4446cbddf02578
    • CM 12.0 Alpha [30/12/2014]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: e060a74b535109eb6790c96160522638
      Code:
      - ril: Ignore call for RIL.getHardwareConfig (credits to Ian Roy)
      - device: Add F2FS packages (credits to arco68)
      - AriesParts: Add an option for USB-OTG charge mode (credits to tobigun)
      - AriesParts: Add a switch for A2DP sink (credits to tobigun)
      - AriesParts: Update German translation (credits to tobigun)
      - AriesParts: Store persisted props inside /data/property (credits to Christopher83)
      - AriesParts: Store A2DP sink status also inside build.prop and /data/property (credits to Christopher83)
      - AriesParts: Add common methods to show error and reboot alerts (credits to Christopher83)
      - AriesParts: Add a common method to check if the system is supported (credits to Christopher83)
      - AriesParts: Add a switch for High-End GFX (credits to Christopher83)
      - AriesParts: Update German translation (credits to Christopher83)
      - AriesParts: Add a dedicated tab for Performance options (credits to Christopher83)
      [B]build[/B], [B]packages/apps/Dialer[/B], [B]packages/apps/InCallUI[/B]
      - Keep InCallUI in memory (credits to Pawit Pornkitprasan)
        Ported from CM 11.0, it allows to have a faster in-call user interface when making/receiving calls
      - Kernel 3.4.105
      - i2c: chips: fsa9480: Add write-permission for USB-OTG charger type (credits to tobigun)
      - Staging: android: binder: More offset validation. (credits to Arve Hjonnevag)
      - fs: f2fs: Initial import from https://kernel.googlesource.com (credits to arco68)
      - defconfig: Enable F2FS filesystem (credits to arco68)
    • Stock Kernel [30/12/2014]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: 2ce92d73694a091e88a3b14a0db7fcda
    • CM 12.0 Alpha [22/12/2014]: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
      MD5: 3fb5bbc10c8b75c9ed6502b799ff7fc7
      Code:
      - Lollipop 5.0.2 (LRX22C)
      - Revert "BoardConfig: Build rom and kernel with GCC 4.8 toolchains" (credits to Christopher83)
      - BoardConfig: Remove missing/already defined flags (credits to Christopher83)
      - BoardConfig: Remove the mkdir workaround for KERNEL_OBJ/usr (credits to Christopher83)
      - BoardConfig: Allow non-PIE binaries to load (credits to Michael Bestas)
      - BoardConfig: Use dlmalloc instead of jemalloc on low-ram target kernels (credits to arco68)
      - BoardConfig: Enable dex-preoptimization to speed up first boot sequence (credits to arco68)
      - BoardConfig: Remove max partitions number for vold (credits to arco68)
      - BoardConfig: Use legacy MMAP for pre-lollipop blobs (credits to arco68)
      - BoardConfig: Don't use wifi hal (credits to arco68)
      - BoardConfig: Enable extended font support (credits to sirmordred)
      - BoardConfig: Massive cleanup (credits to sirmordred)
      - BoardConfig: Avoid poisoning the host binaries with bad ABIs (credits to Ricardo Cerqueira)
      - ramdisk: Update fstab (credits to Christopher83)
      - ramdisk: Wifi updates for Android L (credits to arco68)
      - ramdisk: Change the class of rmt_storage service (credits to arco68)
      - ramdisk: Change /dev/smd7 owner and group (credits to arco68)
      - ramdisk: Remove permissions change for /proc/cmdline on early-init (credits to Christopher83)
      - sepolicy: Update SELinux configuration (credits to Christopher83)
      - sepolicy: Additional updates of SELinux configuration (credits to Christopher83)
      - overlay: Updates for Android L (credits to arco68)
      - overlay: Enable home button wake (credits to arco68)
      - overlay: Disable BT client profiles for legacy devices (credits to arco68)
      - overlay: Enable multi-user feature (credits to sirmordred)
      - overlay: Removed some not needed overlays (credits to sirmordred)
      - keyfiles: Update keylayouts for Android L (credits to Christopher83)
      - camera: Update include paths (credits to Christopher83)
      - camera: Updates to be compatible with all the used camera parameters (credits to Christopher83)
      - camera: Fix non-trivial designated initializers (credits to Christopher83)
      - camera: Add further extra camera parameters (credits to Christopher83)
      - camera: Add the missing implementations of some extra methods (credits to Christopher83)
      - ril: Remove setCurrentPreferredNetworkType method (credits to Christopher83)
      - ril: Add the new constructor overload (credits to Christopher83)
      - ril: Use TelephonyManager to enable/disable data connectiviy (credits to Christopher83)
      - ril: Use new ro.telephony.ril.config prop (credits to arco68)
      - sensors: Fix braces around scalar initializer errors (credits to Christopher83)
      - cm: Switch to full phone config (credits to sirmordred)
      - ariesve: Update device makefile (credits to Christopher83)
      - ariesve: Remove standalone livewallpapers support (credits to sirmordred)
      - config: Update media codecs (credits to arco68)
      - config: Update audio policies (credits to arco68)
      - config: Add the sample rate of 48 kHz for bluetooth A2DP output (credits to Christopher83)
      - config: Move google codecs inclusion after qcom codecs (credits to arco68)
      - prop: Enable AwesomePlayer (credits to arco68)
      - prop: Force camera API version 1 (credits to Michael Bestas)
      - prop: Disable Atlas service (credits to Vijay Dandiga)
      - prop: Set MTP as default USB interface (credits to Christopher83)
      - prop: Set a real persistent usb composition (credits to arco68)
      - prop: Removed a bunch of not used properties (credits to sirmordred)
      - gps: Fork our own version of the GPS HAL (credits to arco68)
      - prop: Enable smooth streaming (credits to arco68)
      - misc: Remove obsolete and unsupported stuff (credits to arco68)
      - ramdisk: Change the assignment of partitions and use an emulated sdcard (credits to Christopher83)
      - config: Add USB audio support (credits to tobigun)
      - audio: Add Bluetooth A2DP sink support (credits to tobigun)
      - BoardConfig: Explicitly disable SMP (credits to arco68)
      [B]bionic[/B]
      - linker: restore prelink support (credits to pawitp)
      - Reenable support for non-PIE executables (credits to mikeioannina)
      [B]build[/B]
      - core: Enable -mcpu=cortex-a8 flag for Scorpion cpu variant (credits to Christopher83)
      [B]frameworks/av[/B]
      - libmedia: Add ICS AudioStreamType constructor (credits to arco68)
      - libmedia: Add legacy compatible overloads for some methods (credits to Christopher83)
      [B]frameworks/base[/B]
      - Improved the minimum amount of time that must have elapsed for change the rotation (credits to CastagnaIT)
      [B]frameworks/ex[/B]
      - camera2: Fix null pointer exception while initializing max zoom ratio (credits to Christopher83), this commit fixes the front camera issue
      [B]frameworks/native[/B]
      - MemoryHeapBase: ifdef for gingerbread/froyo compatibility (credits to Tanguy Pruvot)
      - Overlay support for legacy camera libs (credits to Evan McClain)
      - sensorservice: Add legacy sensors fusion. (credits to CastagnaIT)
      - native: add flag to disable legacy sensors fusion (credits to CastagnaIT)
      [B]frameworks/opt/telephony[/B]
      - Correctly provide the technology to setup data connection (credits to Christopher83)
      [B]frameworks/opt/wifi[/B]
      - Allow building without Wifi HAL (credits to arco68)
      [B]hardware/qcom/audio-caf, hardware/qcom/display-caf and hardware/qcom/media-caf[/B]
      - We're now using the forked repos taken from LegacyXperia
      [B]vendor/samsung/ariesve[/B]
      - Add radish to enable IPv6 tethering (credits to sirmordred)
      [B]kernel[/B]
      - ariesve: Set SELinux to be permissive (credits to Christopher83)
      - defconfig: Set selinux permissive (credits to arco68)
      - defconfig: Enable CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_IDLETIMER (credits to arco68)
      - defconfig: Regenerate (credits to arco68)
      - ext4: Add support for FIDTRIM, a best-effort ioctl for deep discard trim (credits to JP Abgrall)
      - broadcom_wlan: Modify country code source (credits to arco68)
      - net: ipv6: autoconf routes into per-device tables (credits to Lorenzo Colitti)
      - netfilter: nf_conntrack: decrement global counter after object release (credits to Pablo Neira Ayuso)
      - net: ipv6: Add a sysctl to make optimistic addresses useful candidates (credits to Erik Kline)
      - Enable NEED_NETDEV for vendor command support. (credits to Subhani Shaik)
      - cfg80211: ignore supported rates for nonexistant bands on scan (credits to Felix Fietkau)
      - crypto: msm: check potential integer overflow (credits to William Clark)
      - defconfig: Enable generic USB audio driver (credits to tobigun)
      - i2c: chips: fsa9480: Add support for charging in USB-OTG mode (credits to tobigun)
    • CM 12.0 Alpha [15/12/2014]
    • CM 12.0 Alpha [12/12/2014]

Sources:

Credits and Thanks to:
    CyanogenMod Team for the huge work
    arco68, Christophe83, CastagnaIT, krislibaeer, ivendor, educk for their development on this device
    mikeioannina, Blefish for their development on other legacy devices
    TKruzze for PA Google Gapps packages
    ktulu84, Rhonin86, smeroni68, XeLLaR* for their help in testing
    Nello96 for the team logo

XDA:DevDB Information
    [GT-I9001][LP 5.0.2] CyanogenMod 12.0 by ADC-Team - Kernel 3.4.x, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001

Contributors
    Christopher83, DevConnection_Team, arco68, CastagnaIT, mikeioannina, Blefish, krislibaeer, ktulu84, Rhonin86, smeroni68, XeLLaR*, sirmordred
    Source Code: https://github.com/AriesVE-DevCon-TEAM

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery that includes new partition assignments
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 04
    Beta Release Date: 2015-04-02

Created 2014-12-13
    Last Updated 2015-06-08
    Screenshots:

Frequently Asked Questions:
    • My device keeps on booting inside recovery instead of rebooting the system, what I can do?
      If you have recovery bootloop problem, you should take a look at this post
    • How can I use BackLightNotifications feature?
      BLNv10 is activable/deactivable from AriesParts (Advanced Settings) or BLN Control Application (Free or Pro version)
    • Is the new recovery compatible with an old rom (CM 11.0, CM 10.2, CM 10.1, and previous)?
      No, the new recovery is compatible only with new CM 12.0 rom, CM 11.0 Release 15 and next releases. If you want to restore a previous backup taken with an old recovery (without partition reassignments), you should re-install the old recovery first, reboot inside recovery again and then restore the backup.
    • What does the emulated internal sd card mean and where my files are stored on it?
      The emulated internal sd card is a special folder (/data/media) available inside data partition and also simlinked to /sdcard, it's recognized as a FAT storage and can be used in place of the previous internal sd card. The emulated sd card shares the available space of data partition, but it's not wiped when you choose to wipe Data from recovery.
    • How can I get the transparent status bar and transparent lock screen background?
      By default, these features are disabled, because they are available for non lowram devices only, but you can enable them by activating Force High-End GFX switch inside Settings -> Performance or Advanced Settings app (a reboot is needed).
    • How can I enable Developer options?
      You can enable this menu section by tapping 7 times on Build number inside Settings -> About phone.
    • How can I enable Root Access for apps?
      You can enable it inside Settings -> Developer Options -> Root Access, set it to Apps only or Apps and ADB.
      The granted root permissions for any app can be found inside Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard, then long press on the app to show or manage its permissions.
    • How can I enable Advanced Reboot options?
      You can enable the Advanced Reboot options inside Developer options.
    • What is Battery saver feature and how can I enable it?
      This is a new feature of Android L that allows to improve the battery life by reducing the device's performance, limiting vibration, most background data and limiting the synchronization for emails, messaging, etc... It can be enabled when the device is not charging inside Settings -> Battery -> Top left menu -> Battery saver.
    • I cannot mount internal SD card via mass storage, how can I fix this issue?
      You must use MTP protocol since emulated sd doesn't support mass storage.
      This is common on all devices with an emulated sd, that's why the mainly supported protocol is now MTP (expecially on Lollipop).
    • During a reboot the system shows "Optimizing Apps" again, why?
      As arco68 said, the optimizing apps on second boot is TRIM running. Google changed this in 5.0.2, so now it runs automatically once a day, either during the night while phone is charging or after you reboot.
    • Music app (Eleven) force closes during start or shows duplicated artists, albums, songs, how can I fix this?
      Probably one of the databases of media provider is corrupted or contains wrong data, try to delete the content of /data/data/com.android.providers.media/database, perform a reboot and test music app again.
    • I cannot connect to my wifi router, how can I fix this issue?
      It has been reported that inside some country regions is not possible to successfully connect to wifi router.
      If you have this problem, check your wifi router configuration and try to switch from WPA2 to WPA security.
      This possible workaround has been reported by an Iranian user.
    • I'd like to go back to CM 11.0 Release 15 or a next CM 11.0 release, what should I do?
      - Reboot inside recovery
      - Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data, System, Android Secure
      - Perform the restore or the clean installation of CM 11.0
    • I'd like to go back to CM 11.0 Release 14 or a previous Android version, what should I do?
      - Reboot inside recovery
      - Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data, System, Android Secure
      - Reinstall old recovery (without partition reassignments)
      - Reboot inside the old recovery (Home -> Reboot -> Recovery)
      - Inside Advanced Wipe menu wipe SDcard as FAT partition (Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select SDcard -> Repair or Change File System -> Change File System -> FAT -> Swipe)
      - Perform the restore or the clean installation of the old Android system
    • What is F2FS file system?
      F2FS (Flash-Friendly File System) is a new file system designed for delivering maximum file-system performance on flash-based storage devices. For more info: F2FS
    • How can I switch to F2FS format type for /data partition without loosing data?
      By switching from EXT4 to F2FS format type for /data partition, without performing any backup, you will surely lost all your user data files and internal sd content.
      To avoid that, follow these steps:
      - Perform a backup of your internal sd (/sdcard) by copying the /sdcard content inside a new folder on /external_sd or on your pc (through MTP)
      - Reboot into recovery
      - Install latest TWRP recovery with F2FS support
      - Reboot -> Recovery to reboot inside the newly installed recovery
      - Perform a full backup of your current configuration, inside Backup -> Flag all partitions -> Set a customized name if you want -> Set Micro SD card as storage -> Swipe to Backup
      - After the backup process has completed, go inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select Dalvik Cache, System, Cache -> Swipe to Wipe
      - Always inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select Data -> Repair or Change File System -> Change File System -> F2FS -> Swipe to Change
      - Install new rom and gapps
      - Restore your data partition from previously made backup, Restore -> Select latest backup -> Select Data only -> Swipe to Restore (don't care about ext4 warnings)
      - Restore your /sdcard backup
      - Reboot System
      - Check if your data is using F2FS format type by running the following command inside Terminal Emulator or through ADB:
      Code:
      mount | grep f2fs
      If everything is ok, you should get
      Code:
      /dev/block/mmcblk0p28 /data f2fs <various comma separated options>
    CyanogenMod 12.0 by ADC-Team [Alpha 30/12/2014]

CyanogenMod 12.0 by ADC-Team [Alpha 30/12/2014]

Code:
    - ril: Ignore call for RIL.getHardwareConfig (credits to Ian Roy)
    - device: Add F2FS packages (credits to arco68)
    - AriesParts: Add an option for USB-OTG charge mode (credits to tobigun)
    - AriesParts: Add a switch for A2DP sink (credits to tobigun)
    - AriesParts: Update German translation (credits to tobigun)
    - AriesParts: Store persisted props inside /data/property (credits to Christopher83)
    - AriesParts: Store A2DP sink status also inside build.prop and /data/property (credits to Christopher83)
    - AriesParts: Add common methods to show error and reboot alerts (credits to Christopher83)
    - AriesParts: Add a common method to check if the system is supported (credits to Christopher83)
    - AriesParts: Add a switch for High-End GFX (credits to Christopher83)
    - AriesParts: Update German translation (credits to Christopher83)
    - AriesParts: Add a dedicated tab for Performance options (credits to Christopher83)
    [B]build[/B], [B]packages/apps/Dialer[/B], [B]packages/apps/InCallUI[/B]
    - Keep InCallUI in memory (credits to Pawit Pornkitprasan)
      Ported from CM 11.0, it allows to have a faster in-call user interface when making/receiving calls
    [B]kernel[/B]
    - Kernel 3.4.105
    - i2c: chips: fsa9480: Add write-permission for USB-OTG charger type (credits to tobigun)
    - Staging: android: binder: More offset validation. (credits to Arve Hjonnevag)
    - fs: f2fs: Initial import from https://kernel.googlesource.com (credits to arco68)
    - defconfig: Enable F2FS filesystem (credits to arco68)

Happy New Year! :cowboy:
    How to perform the calibration of Magnetic / Acceleration / Orientation Sensors

1. Horizontal Calibration:
      Open Advanced Settings and select Horizontal Calibration, place the phone over a flat and horizontal surface, then press Calibrate.
      Horizontal_Calib.png
    2. Magnetic Field Calibration
      After installing a compass app or another app that uses the magnetic sensor, open that and perform an 8 shape, as shown in this video.
      The calibration movement is a combined one over all axes and will result in a residual magnetism removal (reset), please perform a slow movement, it's not important the direction you'll follow, just do once or more times until you get the correct calibration.
      To know if the calibration is correct, you must know where is approximately the North and look with a compass app if the needle is pointing there. If it's so, try rotating the phone of 90, 180, 270 degree, finally go back to 360 degrees and look if the needle is pointing always to North during the performed rotation.
      If this easy test give positive results, your magnetic sensor has been correctly calibrated.

Orientation1.png
      Orientation2.png
      Orientation3.png
      Orientation4.png

Compass1.png
      Compass2.png
      Compass3.png
      Compass4.png

Note:
    • After performing the above calibrations, the orientation and magnetic field sensors will give the correct values with all apps.
    • Our phone is known to have a native shift of some degrees respect to the North, but this is a hardware limitation due probably to the orientation of the chip welded on the board.
    • This procedure can be used also after a new flash of a compatible custom kernel in case the sensors are not correctly working.

Legacy Sensors / Virtual Sensors
    These sensors are called virtual, because our device hasn't a real hardware chip for them, but by utilizing some data processing techniques and by merging the values coming from accelerometer and magnetic field sensors, it's possible to extrapolate the approximated values of these virtual sensors.
    Please note that not all apps support the virtual sensors, to perform a test we suggest the app S Tools+.
    Please, read carefully all the opening post content, you must follow the installation instructions to avoid any problem...
    My custom kernel for CM 12.0 will be available in the future, I think that's important to have a good working rom first.

I wish you a nice week end!