GT-I9003 restart

Search This thread

mythxs

Jul 6, 2010
i have the same issue few days ago, and i was updating my froyo thru official channel (by KIES) but resulting huge issue... keep on restarting and clean up all my settings...

anyway, now my problem solved. Instruction, as i suppose you are using Pakistan firmware, your case should simply download I9003JPKPE and flash, then thru official channel to update (optional). problem solved.

Reactions: Roua

Roua

Apr 17, 2012
i have the same issue few days ago, and i was updating my froyo thru official channel (by KIES) but resulting huge issue... keep on restarting and clean up all my settings...

anyway, now my problem solved. Instruction, as i suppose you are using Pakistan firmware, your case should simply download I9003JPKPE and flash, then thru official channel to update (optional). problem solved.

Was stuck on the Samsung logo ??! :confused:

Roua

Apr 17, 2012
ohhhhhhhh i think i had problem here
after flashed to xxkpq

when i enter the recovery i see this

i think i stuck in 3e maybe ?!! :confused:
android system recovery <3e>

E: failed to mount / data (no such file or directory )

--copying media files...
E: failed to mount / sdcard (File exists)
E:copy_cache_media:can't mount /sdcard
your storage not prepared yet,please use UI menu for format and reboot actions

meida files copy failed

# MANUAL MODE #

--appling multi-CSC...
installing multi-CSC
cant access to '/system/csc/MID/system/'.
successfully applied multi-CSC

im waitting here plz

Abhinav90

May 7, 2012
i9003 restart

I am suffering from the same problem since a month.

My Galaxy SL i9003 would go insane on some random day and restart itself.Now this restart is a peculiar one.It spends too much time on Samsung logo ! And after that it will start up as if resurrected,all new !

All my contacts and messages gets lost.The Personal data all gets lost.This is so frustrating.I have fed up of restoring all my contacts and other personal data again and again.The first time it occured,All apps also went off.Now they don't show any intention to go though.

I have tried factory reset a couple of times,but no success.

According to my self-analysis,the problem has germinated since I have gifted this new firmware to my cell :

Baseband version : I9003DDKP4
Build number : GINGERBREAD.KKKP3

Please help.Is service centre the only option ?

varunthapliyal999

Aug 8, 2010
Dehradun

My Galaxy SL i9003 would go insane on some random day and restart itself.Now this restart is a peculiar one.It spends too much time on Samsung logo ! And after that it will start up as if resurrected,all new !

All my contacts and messages gets lost.The Personal data all gets lost.This is so frustrating.I have fed up of restoring all my contacts and other personal data again and again.The first time it occured,All apps also went off.Now they don't show any intention to go though.

According to my self-analysis,the problem has germinated since I have gifted this new firmware to my cell :

Yup. service centre is the only option.It's a motherboard problem.You might get a 16GB internal memory as well :p .Go to to the service centre :D

sazu1976

Feb 12, 2009
Dhaka
after tried a lot I took my phone to a local good service center.it took time but he fixed the problem.now its not suck on Samsung logo.but after one day i face a new problem which making me mad.after starting mobile some time touchscreen is not working its freezing then after factory rest its working again but for few time.

fortunately i turn my home key to receive call .so i can only able to received call.

I re-flash again with old stock ROM 2.2.1.but no fixing

help us some one expert from xda forum.

Thanks

StanleyJes

Jul 25, 2011
I got the same problem with my galaxy sl. The problem occurred after I used the miui custom rom. So I might be having the ext4 partition. But I went back to xxkpe using pit and no use. Does flashing with xxkpe using pit revert the file system back to rfs or do I need to run another script?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

chaitanya87

Jul 14, 2011
Hyderabad

Is there any update on your phone? What did the service center guys inform you? My cousin is facing the same issue after the update.

Wahaha123

Dec 7, 2011
Sta. Rosa, Laguna
ANYONE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM YOU MUST READ THIS
Hey guys, i had exactly the same problems on my phone... only my phone reboots when i leave the phone in idle for 2 weeks before completely bootlooping on the bootlogo. at first i thought it was just a software problem and i could fix it by reflashing to stock. it took one more week before doing so since i didnt have a new laptop then. but when i got my laptop, i immediately flashed to stock but the rebooting still exists. i want to tell you guys, if it still reboots even if you flash to stock, IT IS NO LONGER A SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE PROBLEM! it is a hardware defect between the motherboard and the internal sd (usb storage). if you have this problem, bring it immediately to a service center for a motherboard fix/change. the cause of the problem is by putting the phone on your jeans/shorts' pocket (specially if its slim fit/ or tight) the phone bends and then it'll break the motherboard... also an unusual cause of the promblem is that when you have an external sd exceeding 8gigabytes. yes i too am suprised. i found this out when the technician asked me how much gig my ext. sd has. they say that it is adviseable and reccomended to have a 4gig ext. sd or lower. anything else higher could damage the phone.

my thread of the same problem on the link below:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1603995

---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

Addition: having random reboots and then loosing your data when you get back might be tha annoying Pseudo factory reset. only it is randomized along with the reboots... you could search about pseudo resets in case you can fins solution in other phones that has the same problems as we do on ours.

muktevisree

May 17, 2012
Can't mount SD Card

Hello, i have some problem and after flashing with ODIN it passed however the boot loop problem remains same. When tried to bring to factory setting using recovery mode, i am getting the following error. Need help,

---Copying media files ---
E:failed to mount /sdcard (file exists)
E: copy_cache_media: Can't mount /sdcard
your storage not prepared yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions

Sree

Hey guys, i had exactly the same problems on my phone... only my phone reboots when i leave the phone in idle for 2 weeks before completely bootlooping on the bootlogo. at first i thought it was just a software problem and i could fix it by reflashing to stock. it took one more week before doing so since i didnt have a new laptop then. but when i got my laptop, i immediately flashed to stock but the rebooting still exists. i want to tell you guys, if it still reboots even if you flash to stock, IT IS NO LONGER A SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE PROBLEM! it is a hardware defect between the motherboard and the internal sd (usb storage). if you have this problem, bring it immediately to a service center for a motherboard fix/change. the cause of the problem is by putting the phone on your jeans/shorts' pocket (specially if its slim fit/ or tight) the phone bends and then it'll break the motherboard... also an unusual cause of the promblem is that when you have an external sd exceeding 8gigabytes. yes i too am suprised. i found this out when the technician asked me how much gig my ext. sd has. they say that it is adviseable and reccomended to have a 4gig ext. sd or lower. anything else higher could damage the phone.

---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

Addition: having random reboots and then loosing your data when you get back might be tha annoying Pseudo factory reset. only it is randomized along with the reboots... you could search about pseudo resets in case you can fins solution in other phones that has the same problems as we do on ours.

icequindio

Sep 12, 2007
Solucion

After flash 10 times, returning to froyo, again up to KPU, putting on applications to keep out in deep sleep, make a thousand wipes, etc.., Was still restarting, until two things happened and not which of the two fixed it . The first is that one of the restarts, to set the language, by mistake I chose Spanish - United States, rather than Spanish - Spain and the other is not turned on the wifi. And because he was so ill-tempered reboot, I assumed it soon do it again, then I forgot about the whole day.
What was my surprise when at the end of the day was still working perfect. Then I put the APN manually because it automatically takes or receives messages from the operator configuration, and began to run merrily without 3G I restarted even once in 5 days.

That does not mean that you can not use the wifi, because I've turned on when I need it, even for extended periods, (surfing, syncing, downloading, etc..), But do not let him off the screen with wifi enabled.

So the safest thing is that the reboots are due to wifi, but I would not rule out changing the language because they are the only two that did different things. And the truth is I have no desire to experience more. The important thing is that now works, it takes 5 days without turning it off and not restarted even once.

In conclusion, there is no need to change the motherboard, it has to be painted pure software problem.

Update: Well, now is 7 days without turning it off and without a reboot. Perfect working and also using wifi 3g but only when I need it without letting him sleep with on. With the 3g if you can sleep without leaving restart. For me the problem is solved because I have a data plan, the evil is for those who depend on wifi all the time, because until one of the geniuses of this forum or check xda no problem focusing on the wireless side, will get to use only when they display on, otherwise they will lose some of reset and configuration.

Original en español:

Después de flashear 10 veces, devolverlo a froyo, volverlo a subir a KPU, instalarle aplicaciones para que no entrara en sueño profundo, hacerle mil wipes, etc., seguia reiniciándose, hasta que pasaron dos cosas y no se cual de las dos lo arregló. La primera es que en uno de los reinicios, al configurar el idioma, por equivocación escogí Español - Estados Unidos, en lugar de Español - España, y la otra es que no le encendí el wifi. Y como estaba de mal genio por tanto reinicio, asumí que al poco tiempo lo volvería a hacer, entonces me olvidé de el en todo el día.
Cual no sería mi sorpresa cuando al final del día todavía estaba funcionando perfecto. Entonces le metí el APN manualmente porque no lo toma automáticamente ni recibe los mensajes de configuración del operador, y empezó a funcionar alegremente con 3G sin que se me haya reiniciado ni una sola vez en 5 días.

Eso no quiere decir que no se pueda utilizar el wifi, porque también lo he activado cuando lo necesito, inclusive durante largos períodos, (Navegando, sincronizando, descargando, etc.), pero no lo dejo apagar la pantalla con el wifi activado.

Así que lo más seguro es que los reinicios se deban al wifi, pero no quise descartar el cambio de idioma porque son las dos únicas cosas distintas que hice. Y la verdad es que no tengo ganas de experimentar más. Lo importante es que ahora funciona, que lleva 5 días sin apagarlo y que no se ha reiniciado ni una vez.

En conclusión, no hay que cambiar la placa madre, pues tiene pura pinta de ser problema de software.

Actualización: Pues ahora ya son 7 días sin apagarlo y sin que se reinicie. Trabajando perfecto en 3g y también utilizando wifi pero solo cuando lo necesito sin dejarlo dormir con el activado. Con el 3g si se puede dejar dormir sin se reinicie. Para mi el problema está resuelto porque tengo plan de datos, lo malo es para quienes dependen todo el tiempo del wifi, pues hasta que alguno de los genios de éste foro xda no revise el problema concentrándose en el aspecto wifi, les tocará utilizarlo solo cuando tengan la pantalla encendida; de otra manera se les reiniciará y perderá parte de la configuración.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

what firmware version on are you right now?
    i mean, DXKB or XXKP or something ?
    the problem is the ext4, when you flash stock room do not have ext support, simply flash vurrutv8 over xxkpq and problem gone

or re format it with pit to rfs, easy!

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium
    read this carefully and follow every step written on it for XXKPQ

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1133787

you have to download 2 firmwares XXKPE and XXKPQ
    read and then follow that guide carefully