GT-I9100 [Development] Resurrection Remix 4.4.2 KitKat v5.1.5 [2014/06/09]

sebyyy

Apr 18, 2008
menu and back button in not working

i am on 2.6, and i have a strange problem. dont know any ohters also have same problem.

my problem is menu and back button on both sides of Home button in not working some time.
to make it active i have to close the display using power button and again after switching the screen active the button will be active.

Anyone has same problem, how to fix this issue.

need your views.

cheers.

SilencerOfLambs

Dec 8, 2011
Mumbai
Hi

I use text-only mode for the battery. IS there any trick or way to change the color to White. The original Blue doesnt fit my black and White style.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Shouldn't be tough at all..Small hex code change in one of the XMLs.Away from PC so can't help right away.(No SDK in office and no ROM related files here :( )Will look into it and let you know when i get back home or maybe one of the modders here can help you out!

i am on 2.6, and i have a strange problem. dont know any ohters also have same problem.

my problem is menu and back button on both sides of Home button in not working some time.
to make it active i have to close the display using power button and again after switching the screen active the button will be active.

Anyone has same problem, how to fix this issue.

need your views.

cheers.
You mean the LED light goes off at times or that the buttons are unresponsive?

Last edited:
Reactions: pazzio

LegendZenify

Jan 22, 2012
Can anyone help me with my battery drain problems please?

Thanks in advance!
News & Weather - Uninstall it (if you do not use it) or set a higher refresh interval and turn off 'prefetch articles'
Gtalk - Log out if you do not use it.
Facebook - known battery drainer, uninstall it or live with it

You could also try changing modem or turning off data when not in use.

Last edited:

bucegiomu

Feb 7, 2009
Notifications broken in RR 2.6

Hi,

Since I installed RR 2.6, notifications work randomly: I mean sometimes I click on an email notification in status bar and the email program is not opened, other times it is opened. I did not have this problem with any previous RR releases: in all previous RR releases the notifications were always opening the associated programs (like the email one) when clicked on them.

iDemonz

Mar 23, 2012
News & Weather - Uninstall it (if you do not use it) or set a higher refresh interval and turn off 'prefetch articles'
Gtalk - Log out if you do not use it.
Facebook - known battery drainer, uninstall it or live with it

You could also try changing modem or turning off data when not in use.
Cheers i've turned all of those things off, how can I go about judging which modem is best for me?

skyline9394

Oct 26, 2007
First root it using CF root.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1103399
Then backup your apps using Titanium Backup.
And then just flash 2.6 using instructions from the FAQ(Extended steps).
Then restore USER apps using TB again.

Haha i am also a lamb..but no mate,i didnt mean it in that way..lol..it's from a movie ;)
Root your phone. (There are many guides on how to do that)
Backup your apps, data and stuff like sms & call logs. (using Titanium Backup or some other app)
Then do a full wipe and flash RR v2.6 using CWM Recovery (no need to flash v2.5.3)
Then reboot and restore apps, data and stuff.

The full wipe is necessary, because you are coming from another rom.
:laugh: every body here is eager to help other's in what ever way they can, hence they do post there views on full wipe or no-wipe or partial wipe for installing the rom i suppose

first u have to root ur phone ma8, if the same has been done and u have custom CWM installed then u can flash directly v2.6 by fallowing the 'Extended steps to install' in the FAQ of OP
Just flash 2.6
Follow the install rules in the first page

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

thx u all just root my s2 now trying flash 2.6

thrllr

Apr 17, 2012
Melbourne
The old phone.apk seems to Not be compatible with 2.6. The new one is over 2mb in size. For now I'm using 184dpi but does anyone know what the difference was in the old phone.apk was to allow it not fc under 184dpi?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

pazzio

Oct 27, 2011
Shouldn't be tough at all..Small hex code change in one of the XMLs.Away from PC so can't help right away.(No SDK in office and no ROM related files here :( )Will look into it and let you know when i get back home or maybe one of the modders here can help you out!

WHOAH! Thank you so much! I would appreciate it much. :victory:

PS. Could you PM me if you really are making some mod for me? There's too much messages coming into this thread. Can't follow.

Last edited:

andrei_me

Jul 20, 2011
cluj
And are you definitely using the correct version of the mod for the correct version of the ROM? 2.5.3 mods won't work with 2.6 for example.
yep. for 2.6 from his thread. :)) not my first time doing this. so either the mod has something or something is not working on my phone. has anyone else managed to flash a mod and worked? :)

SyzwnFrzRdz

Jan 19, 2012
City of Light
yep. for 2.6 from his thread. :)) not my first time doing this. so either the mod has something or something is not working on my phone. has anyone else managed to flash a mod and worked? :)
I flashed Spiderman MOD, it worked. ;)

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

I had WiFi issues with 3.3.3d but 3.3.3c seems fine.

The download URL is http://www.gokhanmoral.com/public/files/siyahkernel/v3.0/Siyah-v3.3.3c-CWM.zip
Thanks for the 3.3.3c version! :D:D:D

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone