[GT-I9100G][KitKat]OmniROM 4.4 Nightly Builds

Search This thread

Jiangyi

Ohhh yeah!!!
You're the best man.

I know that we haven't to ask for eta's but we will have a release soon?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100G mediante Tapatalk

Two main things blocking me from release ATM: no internal storage and the home button doesn't work. I'll throw up a beta when that's taken care of. :p

EDIT: Ironically, USB OTG works fine heh.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Jiangyi

There, hacked vold in the end, and now we have internal storage, meaning we can take actual screenshots now :p

I'll throw up an alpha build in a day or two.

Attachments

• 1416463168086.jpg
    1416463168086.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 335

McConnor

Mar 28, 2013
Great, so there is only the home button problem left before one can use the Rom in daily life ... well perhaps one or two little other problems...;)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100G mit Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

I already hear the Christmas bells ringing... thanks for your hard effort on our phone. Greets

By the way - what is "hacking VOLD" - a typo? Edit: stumbled across the answer: new volume manager daemon - vold

Last edited:

Jiangyi

Great, so there is only the home button problem left before one can use the Rom in daily life ... well perhaps one or two little other problems...;)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100G mit Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

I already hear the Christmas bells ringing... thanks for your hard effort on our phone. Greets

By the way - what is "hacking VOLD" - a typo? Edit: stumbled across the answer: new volume manager daemon - vold

Home button works now, but you can't wake the device with it right now. Other things left are camera and recovery, which don't affect usage as an alpha too too much.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Free mobile app

Diatomix98

Jun 24, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Hi @Jiangyi , I have been using omni rom for many months. Recently I flashed Omni Lollipop but found it not that stable so I switched back to this rom. But there is a problem that persists since months ago on this rom. I have to flash the new_libexif.zip which was to fix the camera problem on cm 11 4.4.3 in order to get the camera and torch worked every time I flash a new nightly build. No idea why no one reported the problem since it has been there for so long....

Jiangyi

Hi @Jiangyi , I have been using omni rom for many months. Recently I flashed Omni Lollipop but found it not that stable so I switched back to this rom. But there is a problem that persists since months ago on this rom. I have to flash the new_libexif.zip which was to fix the camera problem on cm 11 4.4.3 in order to get the camera and torch worked every time I flash a new nightly build. No idea why no one reported the problem since it has been there for so long....

Um, I merged fixes for that ages ago. It's also working fine on my end, so....

DAD214

Apr 29, 2013
Please provide the last version 4.4.4 for download
Currently everything is well cleared

MaxMusaab

Mar 5, 2015
Hey guys, does anyone else have the same problem as me: if left inactive for a while the phone will switch off and won't switch back on unless i so a battery pull... Ia there any reason for this? I'm using blazing kernel (twrp).

Top Liked Posts