[GT-I9500][Official][ROM]5.0.1 Android Lollipop Update [SER/INU] 10.07.2015

Search This thread

awyeahh1

Jun 1, 2012
this question has been asked but nobody seems to have given an answer.

does installing ALL the available OTA's fixes the memory leak ?

please advice guys.

Last edited:

JagiChan

Feb 4, 2015
Pune
this question has been asked but nobody seems to have given an answer.

does installing ALL the available OTA's fixes the memory leak ?

please advice guys.
The memory leak issue is still continuing to be present. I have upgraded to various firmwares, but there is no use. Just wait until 5.1 comes out and then you can upgrade, hoping that all the bugs are fixed. If you keep on erasing and upgrading these firmwares, it is possible that you may eventually end up with a dead device. Remember, that the flash memory has a certain erase and write cycles for which data retention is guaranteed.

Reactions: awyeahh1

taran181

Apr 14, 2012
Ludhiana
The memory leak issue is still continuing to be present. I have upgraded to various firmwares, but there is no use. Just wait until 5.1 comes out and then you can upgrade, hoping that all the bugs are fixed. If you keep on erasing and upgrading these firmwares, it is possible that you may eventually end up with a dead device. Remember, that the flash memory has a certain erase and write cycles for which data retention is guaranteed.

99.99% chances are of no 5.1.1 update... as samsung only gives update released within 1.5 year of launch of device and 5.1.1 update was released after the 1.5 yr of launch of s4... so either stay with stable 4.4.2 or memory leak with 5.0.1 or custom rom...

awyeahh1

Jun 1, 2012
99.99% chances are of no 5.1.1 update... as samsung only gives update released within 1.5 year of launch of device and 5.1.1 update was released after the 1.5 yr of launch of s4... so either stay with stable 4.4.2 or memory leak with 5.0.1 or custom rom...

thanks for the info, I'm downgrading today, sick of this 5.0.1 crap,
as for custom 5.1 roms they are all full of bugs, especially when it comes to camera. 4.4.2 i'm back! :cowboy:
.. will dump this s4 soon anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: JagiChan

awyeahh1

Jun 1, 2012
I just downgraded back to kitkat, and very happy about it..

I noticed something cool: usually kitkat on s4 asks to set default luncher every single time you reboot device, this was fixed with lollipop OTA, however after downgrading it stayed that way (which is nice ofc). anyone else notice ? :)

musaxci

Nov 15, 2012
Johannesburg
I've noticed that the colours on the ROM are a little of. the ROM look more cream white where it's supposed to be poor white colours and so on.

Is there any way to calibrate the colours, like on CM 12 to adjust the colours? Display mode also doesn't help because I didn't notice any difference when I changed the color mode.

ashokabs

Mar 9, 2011
New Delhi
Strange problem with barebones rom (stock)

Oh so u r not using stock .. barebone has lots of apps removed to make the ROM lighter .. please check if servicemode and other features are present or removed ..

I had a strange problem. My usb port flex cable was faulty so I got a new one and replaced it myself. On connecting power everything was okay and the batter charged fully in the usual time. However, when I received a call the speaker phone was always on. Thereafter, I found that on dialling a number or receiving a call the speaker phone was getting automatically activated. I tried all the different solutions after googling for this complaint. Nothing worked. I was trying to work out the logic of why changing the usb port cable I should have a problem with the speakerphone and was on the verge of opening the phone to check if the installation was alright. As a last resort I restored the stock rom nandroid I had kept and hey presto the problem of speakerphone automatic activation on a call got solved! Maybe there is some problem that comes up when so many apps and routines are deleted to make the ROM lighter. I thought I should log this somewhere appropriate.

jamesmcd

Feb 8, 2014
hmm.. seems drive mode was getting turn on .. are u using any call recording app ?

I had a strange problem. My usb port flex cable was faulty so I got a new one and replaced it myself. On connecting power everything was okay and the batter charged fully in the usual time. However, when I received a call the speaker phone was always on. Thereafter, I found that on dialling a number or receiving a call the speaker phone was getting automatically activated. I tried all the different solutions after googling for this complaint. Nothing worked. I was trying to work out the logic of why changing the usb port cable I should have a problem with the speakerphone and was on the verge of opening the phone to check if the installation was alright. As a last resort I restored the stock rom nandroid I had kept and hey presto the problem of speakerphone automatic activation on a call got solved! Maybe there is some problem that comes up when so many apps and routines are deleted to make the ROM lighter. I thought I should log this somewhere appropriate.

melekbarca

Sep 23, 2014
sfax
new firmware out with higher changelog

Country Turkey
Version Android 5.0.1
Changelist 5298107
Build date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 11:32:11 +0000
Product code TUR
PDA I9500XXUHOG1
CSC I9500OJVHOG3

coldrazor

Mar 22, 2012
San Isidro
www.facebook.com
I'm starting to think american ROMs have similar changelog but are different builds or development branches, the last India ROM have a new changelog but destroys my phone, so I rollback to the last Panama ROM and my phone is better with that ROM.

gvicic

Mar 30, 2015
I'm starting to think american ROMs have similar changelog but are different builds or development branches, the last India ROM have a new changelog but destroys my phone, so I rollback to the last Panama ROM and my phone is better with that ROM.
Totally agree, american roms (HOEx) works a lot better than newer builds

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk

jamesmcd

Feb 8, 2014
OG1 is also a good update .. I noticed there are few difference from OF3
1. System dialog (like WiFi connected .. etc) in OF3 has dark background whereas for OG1 it is white ..
2. Voice Recorder app opens with white launch screen in OG1 which denotes theme issue .. in OF3 this is perfect match with app color.
3. In OF3 there was two line under enter recipient in message app which looked odd. In OG1 this is perfect.
1 tip to all.. after you update your firmware please do a factory reset (of course don't forget to take backup for contacts, files etc ..)

Reactions: 7outa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Lollipop-Update.jpg

Android 5.0.1 List

Model name: GALAXY S4
    Version: Android 5.0.1
    Changelist: 4727708
    Build date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 11:01:31 +0000
    Product Code: SER
    PDA: I9500XXUHOD4
    CSC: I9500SERHOD4

Model name: GALAXY S4
    Version: Android 5.0.1
    Changelist: 4719694
    Build date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 04:54:11 +0000
    Product Code: INU
    PDA: I9500XXUHOD3
    CSC: I9500ODDHOC1

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Coming Soon
    "We're glad you're eager. We’ll be sure to let you know as soon as it is ready."

Video Review :

Screenshoot :
    Screenshot_2015-02-01-01-08-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-01-01-08-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-01-01-08-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-01-01-08-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-01-01-08-37.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-01-01-08-43.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-01-01-08-50.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-01-01-09-14.png

pXdIZG.png

Flashing Instructions
    - Unzip the file
    - Open Odin 3.09
    - Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
    - Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    - Add extracted MD5-file to AP
    - Make sure re-partition is UNticked
    - Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
    - If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
    - Boot into recovery mode (Home+ Power + Volume Up)
    - Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
    - Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
    official firmware

its REAL ! ,fast ,smooth ,battery life can be good with some changes.(read end of the article)
    before your start remember you can not downgrade easily so be sure you want this :p

Installation Rom steps :
    1 - download Odin 3.10 from here
    2- download firmware from here
    this zip file have 5 files I heard cuz of Chinese modem , its better to just flash AP file ! But I didn't flash like this and flashed all 5 files
    3- extract firmware , boot your mobile on flash mode (when mobile is off hold volume down + home + power button)
    4- run Odin 3.10 and load extracted files
    5- Click start , wait ..... Done !

after flashing Rom with Odin you have to flash openrecovery-twrp-2.8.4.0-klte.tar
    Installing Recovery and rooting steps :
    1- download twrp from here
    2- go to flash mode (download mode)
    3- run Odin load file as AP then click start
    4- go to recovery by powering off your device and hold volume up + home + power button
    5- when you want to reboot to system Twrp will ask you to install SuperSU (rooting your device)
    6- swipe to confirm

now you have to install google application
    installing Gapss Steps
    1- download last Gapps (google apps) from here
    2- copy it on your sd/internal memory
    3- boot to recovery
    4- install the zip file from your twrp recovery

If you would like to change menu key to recent app key (like s5, note4 ,...) just do this
    recent key steps
    1- install es explorer (or some root explore) from here
    2- give ex-explorer root access (by clicking menu / tools / root explorer)
    3- Open /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl and change
    Code:
    key  139  [COLOR="Red"]MENU[/COLOR]
    to
    Code:
    key  139  [COLOR="SeaGreen"]APP_SWITCH[/COLOR]
    4- Restart your S4
    5- now test it ... click to view recent apps hold for menu
    full instruction is here

Unable to start Screen Mirroring because of a hardware issue
    FIX Screen mirroring issue Steps
    This problem occurs in version S [Work in samsung s4] after rooted samsung screen mirror will not work below is the solution :

1- open es-explorer and go to system/build.prop edit via text editor
    2- Add below line :
    wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable
    3- save and reboot your device
    4- finished now you can connect the screen mirroring with your smart TV

How to Enable " POPUp Incoming Call " Without Mod
    1- Must be ROOT
    2- Download SQLite_Editor From HERE
    3- Open SQLite_Editor And Choose Apps
    4- Choose Settings Storage
    5- Choose Settings.db
    6- Choose System
    7- Click on Search And Type Popup or Incoming_Call
    8- Change Value From 0 To 1 , Save
    9-Enjoy it

How to remove S Finder & Quick Connect in Notification bar
    1. Open Root Explorer and go to system folder.
    2. Open build.prop in Text Editor (Please make a backup of your build.prop)
    3. find this two line
    ro.product.name=
    ro.product.device=
    4. Replace whatever value is in there with the value below.
    ro.product.name=kltevzw
    ro.product.device=kltevzw
    5. Save it and Reboot.

For having best battery life
    I Installed some usefull application and removed some unwanted apps like Chinese apps and (installed : greenify , tasker , toggle data , system app manager ) then ( disabled some system apps from "system app manager" : samsung kies , s translate , quick connect , s finder , 3d tour , ANT , S Voice , whatch on , S memo , s finder , search )

Its done ENJOY
    don't forget to click Thanks or visit my Naroon Website
    thank you
    all right. so i flashed the rom and here's some information you might find usefull-
    i flashed the rom via Odin 3.10
    then i rooted it with the chainfire ja3g
    then i flashed TWRP 2.8.4.0 also via Odin
    then i flashed the Pico gapps. the link provided in the main post dosnwt work, so here's a good one - (credit to PA gapps)
    about the languages, there are only 3 - english and two asians one's.
    thats it. the rom is great, until now everything works very good.
    edit: one more thing, after flashing the rom with Odin, all my internal storage was gone, so backup whatever you need..!
    bro, thanks for s5 keyboard and can you give weather widget too :)
    Here you go

http://pc.cd/uNv

First go to System/app and delete
    ChnUnifiedDaemon
    CMAWeatherPhone2013

Then flash it from recovery
    Then Go to Application Manager Or Titanium Backup and Wipe Data for Weather and UnifiedDaemon and it will works fine
    Dont try Update.zip

ill upload CWM backup for the rom
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone