Modem: I9505XXUHOA7

Changelist: ----

Download: Click me

Mirror​
Instructions

1.Download Odin 3.10
2. Download the Firmware of course.
3. Extract the Firmware/Zip
4. Boot your device into Flash mode/Download mode (Vol Down + Home + Power Button)
5. Open Odin and Put those extracted files there. In Odin, make sure the “Re-Partition” option is ticked.
6. SMASH THAT START BUTTON AND MAKE A CUP OF TEA WHILE WAITING.
IT'S DONE WHEN YOU FINISHED YOUR CUP OF TEA

Ok so reflashed the files with re-partition actually ticked in odin this time and wifi is working, so the pit file and re-partition is a must for working wifi
Warning this does DELETE YOUR INTERNAL STORAGE SUCH AS PICTURES,VIDEOS, ETC. (ONLY ON YOUR INTERNAL NOT EXTERNAL/SDCARD)

Thanks to @edanielss @Repulsa @flatzki

Thanks to this source: http://forum.android.com.pl/f842/odin-niemiecki-i9505-android-5-0-1-lrx22c-i9505xxuhoa7-dbt-507342/

FOR ROOT​
Both the flex cables are broken so that is the issue

one actually got fried

People who wants to root

1. Download you're desired Custom Recovery (Download the TAR File because it's for odin Find it here (Prefer the latest one)
2.Open Odin and untick auto reboot and put the TAR file on CP
3.once passed. Remove the battery and check if TWRP is successfully installed by pressing (VOL+UP+HOME)
2. Dowload the FLASHABLE SuperSU Zip (Latest)
3. Flash zip in TWRP and reboot
4. DONE!

Guys CF-auto root will not work!

Why?

It is updated which means su will NOT Work

Thanks bye
@flatzki @xDroidZz might add it to op lol

Sent from my LG-D955 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dsecareanu

Mar 13, 2011
I assume it shouldn't be mandatory so if you want to be on the safe side, don't re-partition.

I downloaded it also, but am waiting for the IT guy to come enter the admin passwd (at work and don't have admin access lol) so I can start odin.

xDroidZz

Oct 6, 2012
Davao City
I assume it shouldn't be mandatory so if you want to be on the safe side, don't re-partition.

I downloaded it also, but am waiting for the IT guy to come enter the admin passwd (at work and don't have admin access lol) so I can start odin.

i actually never re-partition when flashing stock. and every guide i see using odin. they untick it. :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    galaxy-s4-lollipop.jpg

Model: GT-I9505/Snap 600 S4

Android Version: 5.0.1

Product Code: DBT

PDA: I9505XXUHOA7

CSC: I9505XXUHOA7

Modem: I9505XXUHOA7

Changelist: ----

Download: Click me

Mirror​
    Instructions

1.Download Odin 3.10
    2. Download the Firmware of course.
    3. Extract the Firmware/Zip
    4. Boot your device into Flash mode/Download mode (Vol Down + Home + Power Button)
    5. Open Odin and Put those extracted files there. In Odin, make sure the “Re-Partition” option is ticked.
    6. SMASH THAT START BUTTON AND MAKE A CUP OF TEA WHILE WAITING.
    IT'S DONE WHEN YOU FINISHED YOUR CUP OF TEA

Ok so reflashed the files with re-partition actually ticked in odin this time and wifi is working, so the pit file and re-partition is a must for working wifi
    Warning this does DELETE YOUR INTERNAL STORAGE SUCH AS PICTURES,VIDEOS, ETC. (ONLY ON YOUR INTERNAL NOT EXTERNAL/SDCARD)

Thanks to @edanielss @Repulsa @flatzki

Thanks to this source: http://forum.android.com.pl/f842/odin-niemiecki-i9505-android-5-0-1-lrx22c-i9505xxuhoa7-dbt-507342/

FOR ROOT​
    Both the flex cables are broken so that is the issue

one actually got fried

People who wants to root

1. Download you're desired Custom Recovery (Download the TAR File because it's for odin Find it here (Prefer the latest one)
    2.Open Odin and untick auto reboot and put the TAR file on CP
    3.once passed. Remove the battery and check if TWRP is successfully installed by pressing (VOL+UP+HOME)
    2. Dowload the FLASHABLE SuperSU Zip (Latest)
    3. Flash zip in TWRP and reboot
    4. DONE!

Guys CF-auto root will not work!

Why?

It is updated which means su will NOT Work

Thanks bye
    @flatzki @xDroidZz might add it to op lol

Sent from my LG-D955 using Tapatalk
    Thread Closed as Duplicate. Any further discussion please refer
    I9505XXUHOA7 Odin files Multilang. . + Guide for ROOT . Works 100 %
    Thank you xDroidZz, also for collecting infos to your first post. Now I have my miracast, apt-x and smart stay back. Custom ROMs are nice but lack of some proprietary features.

For a clean installation I advise a full wipe before you flash. For flashing the ROM follow the steps from post 1. After that let the device auto-reboot directly to android. To let the system setting up it self. After the first boot there will be no wifi problem, and no lost CSC problem will appear. Flash a custom recovery after your phone did a first boot to system/android.
    Don't flash the bootloader (BL file) if you want back to stock KitKat 4.4.2 later.

I flashed this I9505XXUHOA7 ROM several times with different steps. Most of the time I had no wifi and missing CSC info. I found the issue. Odin3 v3.10 does not write the modem.img to the phone, it also does not write CSC Infos to the phone. Or the images were overwritten/refused or deleted by the phone. A full wipe (not efs and modem) and a direct "auto-reboot" is the key. So check that "auto-reboot" box. These problem had only to do with the flash and setup order.

If there are some guys who already flashed this ROM please look at your baseband version. You might want to upgrade to I9505XXUHOA7 if something behaves wrong, especially wifi. See below how to get wifi. But better do a full wipe and flash again. If CSC is missing use my advise above, do a full wipe, flash again.

I9505XXUHOA7 firmware impressions:
    - Camera Firmware Update: The first time you start the camera app your camera firmware will be updated automatically. Don't avoid that. Some camera menus are faster now. First picture impressions: Not better :/ More grainy? Camera starts faster with severall apps.
    - Very fast overall response in touch and starting/switching apps. But not as good as CyagonenMod or Google Play Edition Lollipops. Better than Samsungs Kit Kat 4.4.2. A long way better. Set timings to 0.5 in the develeper options.
    - Sometimes apps in background will be cached if you drive your phone hard. Then lags occour. The phones uses very high memory. :/
    - Some apps got more and useful things. Like S Planner Calender, Clock app
    - New features: S Finder, Quick Connect (the "super idiot connection mode", finds all devices nearby like BT, Wifi-direct, DLNA, miracast,... )
    - All Samsung apps match the new design. All Samsung apps have higher resolution now (fonts, menus, icons,...) Very sharp and clear. It's a good thing.

How-to get wifi working after all?
    Simply flash 'the modem only' with Odin. This can be done at any time. Also if your done with setting up your device and also if you already flashed a custom recovery and did a root.
    - Start Odin3 v3.10, put the extracted "CP" file "CP_I9505XXUHOA7_CL3996895_QB3867680_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5" into the "CP" field. You can leave the "options" checkboxes as is.
    - Boot your S4 into download mode. Connect your S4 via USB. Flash it / press Start button.
    - Reboot your S4. Check your baseband version in "settings -> options -> device info". It should be: I9505XXUHOA7

D1PaSt3.png

I deleted my other 'how-to's, they were to experimental causing wifi problems.
    Anyone get it to work on i337m?
    Hitman-creed

And this is the Direct Download Link, made by myself.
    Also Don't forget ro push the thanks button.
    File Size : 1.50 Gig

Direct Download link (Full Speed) with Pause Option

(Do Not post this link in any thread/post without mentioning my name.)