• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

GTA 3 Missing FromAndroid Market?

Search This thread

ijob

Nov 2, 2008
Liverpool
www.yoliverpool.com
Hi there,

Anyone else finding that GTA3 is no longer in Android Market on your sensation?

I bought the game when it first came out, I was able to update and play as normal and now, when I go into My Apps in Android Market, its not there! It is not listed either under any category, I have even done a search.

ijob

Nov 2, 2008
Liverpool
www.yoliverpool.com
For anyone interested, I have gone into the Android Market through an external webpage and it says that GTA3 is not compatible with my device anymore.

Weird, considering I purchased it fromthe Market.....

rawdawgroy

Jul 27, 2011
This has been removed by rawdawgroy
Sorry for the inconvience
MOD EDIT: NO, IT'S NOT FREE...IT'S CALLED WAREZ, AND IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE DISCUSSED HERE![/COLOR

Last edited:

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Download it from 4share you guys.... It's free... You could of save some money

Do not advertise any illegal method of gaining apps, apart from anything else you are cheating hard working developers out of money.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
No idea how to do this...... :(

Use root explorer, go into system and mount as R/W then edit build.prop file for another phone such as Samsung galaxy nexus. There are tutorials on internet for this, google is your friend

civicvx94

Dec 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Your build prop is located in /system/build.prop
Change these lines to the following
ro.product.model=Nexus S
ro.product.brand=Google
ro.product.name=sudo
ro.product.device=crespo

However, make a backup of your stock build prop and switch back to it once you download the app.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

alphar

Dec 23, 2011
Greensboro
Your build prop is located in /system/build.prop
Change these lines to the following
ro.product.model=Nexus S
ro.product.brand=Google
ro.product.name=sudo
ro.product.device=crespo

However, make a backup of your stock build prop and switch back to it once you download the app.

Sweet!! I I'm gonna check it out.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA App

mista.maja

Nov 10, 2007
I'm a little curious as to why these changes are necessary. Why can I see GTA3 in the market while running ARHD 3.x but it's gone after flashing HyperSensation for example? Right now I'm running ARHD 4.x with No-Sense script and GTA3 is missing from MyApps. I mean they're all Sensation ROMs, why would the Market think GTA is incompatible with my device all of a sudden? And wouldn't I be downloading another version of the game if I were to fool the Market into thinking I'm wielding a Galaxy Nexus?

/edit:
The suggested build.prop changes didn't work for me, btw. Maybe because there are still other lines below those four that say "pyramid" and "HTC".

Last edited:

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
I'm a little curious as to why these changes are necessary. Why can I see GTA3 in the market while running ARHD 3.x but it's gone after flashing HyperSensation for example? Right now I'm running ARHD 4.x with No-Sense script and GTA3 is missing from MyApps. I mean they're all Sensation ROMs, why would the Market think GTA is incompatible with my device all of a sudden? And wouldn't I be downloading another version of the game if I were to fool the Market into thinking I'm wielding a Galaxy Nexus?

/edit:
The suggested build.prop changes didn't work for me, btw. Maybe because there are still other lines below those four that say "pyramid" and "HTC".

Edit build.prop, clear market data then boot into recovery, clear dalvick cache and cache, then look in the market again

Reactions: mista.maja

mista.maja

Nov 10, 2007
Edit build.prop, clear market data then boot into recovery, clear dalvick cache and cache, then look in the market again

just tried that, still no joy. thanks for getting back to me though.
i bet i need to edit more than those 4 lines. market made me accept the TOS again but other than that, nothing changed.

civicvx94

Dec 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
i bet i need to edit more than those 4 lines. market made me accept the TOS again but other than that, nothing changed.

Those are the only lines you should have change... So you've edited those lines, saved the build prop, cleared cache in recovery, cleared market data and it still doesn't work? Have you messed with your LCD density at all? The density needs to be at 240 or a lot of apps won't be visible.

This is a cm7 issue, which is why the app is missing for hyper sensation, but not arhd. I have no idea why this issue is present, but those steps are a sufficient work around. I had the same problem, searched a while, found that solution and it worked like a charm. Got the app, then went back to the stock build prop and no issues.

Reactions: mista.maja

mista.maja

Nov 10, 2007
Have you messed with your LCD density at all? The density needs to be at 240 or a lot of apps won't be visible.
This might be it. I'll look into this. Thanks a lot, had this phone for 4 months now, started flashing ROMs 3 weeks ago and I have yet to learn A LOT about Android.
just look it up online...theres some others way to do it ;) not advertizing anything illegal just saying
I've tried many different roms and been fiddling around with the build.prop to no avail - so obviously when i gave up i procured the .apk from elsewhere. Hell, I bought the game legally but "software issues" wouldn't let me download it from the right place - Can you blame me? :)

/edit:
Code:
ro.sf.lcd_density=240
found that in my build.prop, guess that's not the issue here.

Last edited:

civicvx94

Dec 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Strange case you have my friend.. Since you've already bought the app, I don't see any harm in obtaining it via other means... Not exactly pirating if it was paid for but you couldn't dl it.. Just my $0.02 ;-)

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

/edit:

Those are the only lines you should have change... So you've edited those lines, saved the build prop, cleared cache in recovery, cleared market data and it still doesn't work? Have you messed with your LCD density at all? The density needs to be at 240 or a lot of apps won't be visible.

This is a cm7 issue, which is why the app is missing for hyper sensation, but not arhd. I have no idea why this issue is present, but those steps are a sufficient work around. I had the same problem, searched a while, found that solution and it worked like a charm. Got the app, then went back to the stock build prop and no issues.

just look it up online...theres some others way to do it ;) not advertizing anything illegal just saying