• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

gta 3 pc mods work on the androi mobile version

Search This thread

camovirgil

Sep 9, 2010
hey guys just wanted to let you know that i have installed gta 3 on my galaxy s plus and i tried out the mods for the pc version and they work O_O :d .... ive attached a picture below of the flames from exhaust mod

Attachments

• SC20111215-195524.jpg
    SC20111215-195524.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 3,949
Reactions: nikidorian

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
hey guys just wanted to let you know that i have installed gta 3 on my galaxy s plus and i tried out the mods for the pc version and they work O_O :d .... ive attached a picture below of the flames from exhaust mod

that's because the game is basically running on a Emulator, the game itself is the same as the original one on the PC

same with the R-Type game

might as well run mame, or any other emu and then run the original R Type ROM ;)

cupi1234

Jan 23, 2010
Oradea
I already figured out that pc mods will work in android version of game because the folder structure is the same.
I have an LG Optimus One and I really wanna play this on my phone,but it lags and it is barely playable.
I have 2 ideas to make it playable.
1. Reduce texture size. Like you modedd the exhaust stuff,we can retexture everything in-game for armv6 phones.
I would do it by myself,but I need some help,as I never done this thing before.
2. Somehow if I could reduce the view distance to a smaller area,I could drastically reduce lag.

Any1 help?

cupi1234

Jan 23, 2010
Oradea
Timecyc.dat is only for the time cycle. It adjusts the sun according to the time.
I haven't found draw distance option to set yet.
Right now I'm trying to resize all 64x64 textures to 32x32
Hopefully it won't lag the game so much.

I will reply here if it works

augoza

Feb 4, 2010
Timecyc.dat is only for the time cycle. It adjusts the sun according to the time.

I have an HTC Evo mine lags as well. I hope you can figure something out, that'll be cool! :) good luck

RockyBalboa93

Dec 17, 2011
Some problems with mods

I have a LG Optimus Speed (O2X) and the game works great. I tried to change some cars but IMG Tool seems to have some problems with windows 7 and i can not get the cars into the img. But i found an interesting weaponpackage (Uzi, Beretta 92, Remington Shotgun and more) mod that works quite well, but the weapons are all white on the display. It would be very nice, if someone could help me.

Vladko1

Dec 16, 2011
www.stexcalibur.com
Indeed, the timecyc is and for draw distance except for the lighting. I tried several with limited distance. I had great amount of fps (over 30-40) but below the middle of the screen if you have no visible graphics is a bit bugged.

Z

Zaphod_b_1

Hi,

since I'm an old GTA Modder, too first thing I've tried was of course modding the game. I was very happy to see that the file structure is the same as on PC.

BUT - Maybe I'm stupid, but how the hell did you do that? I used the IMG tool 2.0 to replace a car (sentinel), but after copying the img files, handling.cfg, carcols.dat and default.ide (all modded) back to my phone GTA did not start anymore. The game even did not start after using my original files I've backed up before...

What is wrong here?

Can you give us a short explanation how you did that? Used tools? which files? etc...

Thanks and cheers

Zap

mesaj

Jun 13, 2009
Katowice
GTA3 will turn now to GTA Vice City :).
Pretty possible thing if modding works.

BTW. OMG cache for sd is 350MB, really huge for mobile device. I downloaded recently 200MB PC RIP with patch and translation integrated, just without radio :p

Last edited:

stekel01

Dec 12, 2011
i tried to install Real GTA3 Final mod (search it on google because i can't post links yet -_-) to the mobile version of GTA III and it works ! :D. just tell the wizzard to install te mod in x:\Android\data\com.rockstar.gta3\files\GTA3 (sd-card) and it will work

BUT ONE THING I NOTICED FOR NOW: THE RIMS FROM CARS DOESNT SEEM TO WORK !!! they are either invissible or too big xD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i tried to install Real GTA3 Final mod (search it on google because i can't post links yet -_-) to the mobile version of GTA III and it works ! :D. just tell the wizzard to install te mod in x:\Android\data\com.rockstar.gta3\files\GTA3 (sd-card) and it will work

BUT ONE THING I NOTICED FOR NOW: THE RIMS FROM CARS DOESNT SEEM TO WORK !!! they are either invissible or too big xD

They won't work unless if you install Dmagic1's wheel mod:

1. Add this line to the default.dat file below MODELFILE MODELS\GENERIC\wheels.dff.
    MODELFILE MODELS\GENERIC\nowheel.DFF

2. Change this line in the default.ide
    # wheels: 160-169

Change it to
    # wheels: 160-169, 89

3. Add this file to the \models\Generic folder.
    nowheel.DFF

4. Add this line below the line 166, wheel_smallcar, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0 in the default.ide
    89, wheel_lightmod, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0

5. Changes this line in the default.ide
    # peds: 0-89

change to
    # peds: 0-88