Question Guidance on processes

Search This thread

jadedteck

Jan 23, 2022
Hello all.

I just received my A7 Lite 2021 Wifi + Cellular T225 tablet. I want to de-google (or no google) the tablet as much as possible and still be able to use it for web browsing, media (streaming and videos over HTPC) and hopefully cellular phone calls.

I have been reading this forum (A7 Lite) and I am unsure on what processes I need to do in order to get to a de-googled experience. I have read FRP, bootloader unlock, root, Knox etc. and I am so lost on what I need to do and what specific sequence to safely get rid of google without bricking (read that somewhere) my device.

Thank you.

thatha

Jul 14, 2010
SGN
Redmi 9
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Hello all.

I just received my A7 Lite 2021 Wifi + Cellular T225 tablet. I want to de-google (or no google) the tablet as much as possible and still be able to use it for web browsing, media (streaming and videos over HTPC) and hopefully cellular phone calls.

I have been reading this forum (A7 Lite) and I am unsure on what processes I need to do in order to get to a de-googled experience. I have read FRP, bootloader unlock, root, Knox etc. and I am so lost on what I need to do and what specific sequence to safely get rid of google without bricking (read that somewhere) my device.

Thank you.
I don't know how to de-google, but if you need to de-bloat I can show you how

jadedteck

Jan 23, 2022
Even if I can get a rom like lineageOS and still retain my phone calls and text messages I would be happy. I have unlocked my bootloader already but I am reading there is no way to install another rom without twrp recovery? So hoping something is doable that I haven’t found yet.

jadedteck

Jan 23, 2022
Is root required for debloat? Right now my a7 is installed with t225n firmware although I am in the US. Right now, with my cellphone simcard inserted I get full lte data connection plus cellular calls and sms/mms. I want to retain these features and get rid of the google stuff and any other security and privacy issues (tracking stuff and analytics for example) and just use the tablet as a tablet with my mobile features. I don’t need root as long as I can still install whatever app I want and upgrade the OS if it is needed/available.