[GUIDE][18th Dec][4Noobs] Flashing A FTF File Using Flashtool

Search This thread

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
How to Flash a FTF file with Flashtool!

Requirements

Flashing the FTF
  1. Download and install the Flashtool package and download and extract the R800i_4.0.2.A.0.58_Enhanced.zip.
  2. Next go to where you installed flashtool and then to the drivers folder.
  3. Run the Flashtool-drivers.exe file.
  4. select "your drivers", flashmode and fastboot drivers.
  5. QK5T9.png
  6. Accept all the prompts and once finished load flashtool
    NeyJu.png
  7. Now select flashmode
  8. Now click the "..." button
    Rgjm7.png
  9. browse to the folder where the FTF is and press "open"
  10. Now click the "..." button
    CnsMY.png
  11. Switch your phone off and press and hold the back button while connecting usb lead (Green LED)
  12. It should start flashing and once done will say "Complete", Reboot and your done.

Congratulations you have now successfully flashed a FTF file using flashtool.

[no longer linking tutorials to my site as currently messing around with my site so links may break, to prevent this i will post them here since i found a html to vbcode converter aswell :)]

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
I didn't use the guide but I've flashed an ft before and can confirm those are the correct steps

Sent from my r800x using Tapatalk 2

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
I think its because the other guides are things people use more and don't know how to do while flashing ftf is easier to figure out by yourself. But I've used a couple of you're other guides and they helped a lot. :D:thumbup:

Sent from my r800x using tapatalk 2
rom: extremeicsv3
kernel: turbo v3.1

Reactions: fma965

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
I think its because the other guides are things people use more and don't know how to do while flashing ftf is easier to figure out by yourself. But I've used a couple of you're other guides and they helped a lot. :D:thumbup:

:)Yes I totally agree with abdel12345 your guides are well laid out and not too complicated some times people over explain things and this can complicate things especially if your new to android.That's why I have put a link to your tutorials in my signature because unfortunately some people forget to use the search feature lol;)

Reactions: vg_imsc and fma965

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
:)Yes I totally agree with abdel12345 your guides are well laid out and not too complicated some times people over explain things and this can complicate things especially if your new to android.That's why I have put a link to your tutorials in my signature because unfortunately some people forget to use the search feature lol;)
Thanks Man as you can see i recently changed my signature to have a gif showing all my tutorials in a stand out way :)

lonesomedove

Aug 28, 2012
Taif, Saudi Arabia
xperia play!! relock bootloader first then flash factory ROM(.FTF file)?

Thanks fma965 for your tutorials specially the one how to unlock xperia play bootloader. I mean is I want to go back to stock ROM make a clean and sure backup of it via CWM and then go to CM9.1.0 again on my play now my device is rooted and CWM installed and have no backup of Stock ROM( in case I want to give this device to someone with factory ROM look). Ur tutorial of flashing FTF did not work with me? MY question should relock bootloader then flash FTF file to restore stock ROM? Please explain in some steps when you have time thanks.

Last edited:

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Thanks fma965 for your tutorials specially the one how to unlock xperia play bootloader. After unlocking bootloader on xperia play R800i i was not successful in flashing official ICS beta ROM by sony and thus backup from CWM recovery was not OK also ....however I did succeeded in flashing CM 9.1.0 on it. Now bootloader unlocked and device rooted. I want to have back up of my original factory ROM 4.0.A.0.42 on SD( CM is using too much RAM & may be in future I want to gift this phone to my cousin and want to buy a new one for me thus I need factory ROM backup).following ur tutorial for flashing .FTF was not OK may be cause device is rooted. I need to know the steps on how to restore factory ROM by using .FTF and should I have to lock the bootloader first then flash .FTF file to have original factory ROM? Kindly help!!
Thanks,

I dont really understand what you mean, can you explain it better please :)

Reactions: chriscx

camaromanm6ss

Feb 27, 2013
OK, noob question here, I have an R800X and dont know the number sequence that comes after that cause i messed up my phone and it wont go past the Sony Ericsson screen. I wanna flash the original firmware verison on it to take it back to stock and hopefully fix what ive done to it. I seen you have the R800I with a bunch of numbers after it, would you be able to tell me what mine is just by me telling you its a Verizon R800X?

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
OK, noob question here, I have an R800X and dont know the number sequence that comes after that cause i messed up my phone and it wont go past the Sony Ericsson screen. I wanna flash the original firmware verison on it to take it back to stock and hopefully fix what ive done to it. I seen you have the R800I with a bunch of numbers after it, would you be able to tell me what mine is just by me telling you its a Verizon R800X?

you want the ftf for verizon?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: chriscx

sanderpunto

Dec 11, 2011
Purmerend
Thank you so much it worked for me to flash my r800i 4.0.2A.0.69
With your r800i 4.0.2A.0.62.
Now i look your other threat for flasing kernels.
keep up the good work. i"have great respect for you

Sorry for my bad English.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Please if u can help me on flashing FTF file for xpera play... should I first relock bootloader then flash FTF (factory ROM) file in order to go back to stock ROM as it was installed in factory.Thanks.

No you don't need to relock bootloader

rom: cm9 official

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to Flash a FTF file with Flashtool!

Requirements

Flashing the FTF
    1. Download and install the Flashtool package and download and extract the R800i_4.0.2.A.0.58_Enhanced.zip.
    2. Next go to where you installed flashtool and then to the drivers folder.
    3. Run the Flashtool-drivers.exe file.
    4. select "your drivers", flashmode and fastboot drivers.
    5. QK5T9.png
    6. Accept all the prompts and once finished load flashtool
      NeyJu.png
    7. Now select flashmode
    8. Now click the "..." button
      Rgjm7.png
    9. browse to the folder where the FTF is and press "open"
    10. Now click the "..." button
      CnsMY.png
    11. Switch your phone off and press and hold the back button while connecting usb lead (Green LED)
    12. It should start flashing and once done will say "Complete", Reboot and your done.

Congratulations you have now successfully flashed a FTF file using flashtool.

[no longer linking tutorials to my site as currently messing around with my site so links may break, to prevent this i will post them here since i found a html to vbcode converter aswell :)]
    If any one has used this guide can you confirm it is correct :) Thanks.
    Thanks Man as you can see i recently changed my signature to have a gif showing all my tutorials in a stand out way :)
    I didn't use the guide but I've flashed an ft before and can confirm those are the correct steps

Sent from my r800x using Tapatalk 2

Great its been a long time and wanted to make sure it was correct as not had much response unlike my other tutorials.