[GUIDE][18th Dec][4Noobs] Unlock The Xperia Play Bootloader

Search This thread

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
i cant unlocked my xperia play r800i bootloader everythig is intalled i have key

but when open cmd and run your metothed its said oem unlocked failde what can i do

Maybe sure you put the letters in how they show. (Capital or lower case) . I remember it didn't work fir me because I used the wrong one but when I switched it weighed

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: fma965

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Copy and paste :)

Loving the tapatalk signature, good phone :)

Sent from my LG G2 running Dirty Unicorns!

:D Thanks. It's pretty awesome so far. I haven't installed a custom Rom yet though. I'm waiting to see how stock kitkat will be and I actually like the lg ui so far except the theme which I changed to sense 5

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: fma965

ReiverBlade

Oct 15, 2011
Ovronnaz
Hello,
@fma965
well i am experimenting the same "unlock failed" as some here : i checked and double checked the number sent from Sony and nope i didn't wrote it wrong (btw copy past doesn't work in a command shell o_O) and im too lazy to do a .bat (or not lazy enough to do one since i do the whole manipulation directly in cmd shell)

Unlockable: yes

version X/A ? was it explained in the tutorial that the version was important, how to get it and what to do with it? did i miss something? oookaayyy i see ... well unbranded R800i so no biggies :D

Android version well the last in date of the 2.3.4

i wonder that make this happen ... back to investigating ...

from a SGSIII to a R800i ... downgrade? nope not at all :D i love the Xperia Play (plus for 45$, and in a good shape, i would have been stupid to not take it)

Last edited:

Bakisha

May 4, 2011
Hello,
@fma965
well i am experimenting the same "unlock failed" as some here : i checked and double checked the number sent from Sony and nope i didn't wrote it wrong (btw copy past doesn't work in a command shell o_O) and im too lazy to do a .bat (or not lazy enough to do one since i do the whole manipulation directly in cmd shell)

i wonder that make this happen ... back to investigating ...

from a SGSIII to a R800i ... downgrade? nope not at all :D i love the Xperia Play (plus for 45$, and in a good shape, i would have been stupid to not take it)

Check (and double check) IMEI you sended TO Sony. It should have 14 digits (ignore any extra ones if any)

Reactions: ReiverBlade

ReiverBlade

Oct 15, 2011
Ovronnaz
Yes it does! Ctrl + V doesn't but right click > paste does :p

i am just too old fashioned to use a GUI ... most of my command line period where without mouse :victory:

aleluja, and thanks for the quick answers ;)

hum ... about Noob ... i allways thought noob being insulting and offensive in the opposite of newbie, since a noob want to know all, is arrogant and never listen to recommendation, thus a newbie is a newcomer who want to learn and listen pretty well... oh i guess is just a matter of interpretation of slang.

Last edited:

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
i am just too old fashioned to use a GUI ... most of my command line period where without mouse :victory:

aleluja, and thanks for the quick answers ;)

hum ... about Noob ... i allways thought noob being insulting and offensive in the opposite of newbie, since a noob want to know all, is arrogant and never listen to recommendation, thus a newbie is a newcomer who want to learn and listen pretty well... oh i guess is just a matter of interpretation of slang.

noob = newbie they are the same thing just different spellings.

JAY48

Mar 12, 2013
Colombo
Just wanted to say, Thanks fma965 for yet another great tutorial. I unlocked the BL on my 12W17 R800i using your guide and the official unlock code.

Johnny114

Mar 13, 2014
Noob here

Hi so after hours of fiddling around with the damn usb drivers to get my pc to recognozie my xperia play in fastboot mode it says ublock failed and on after checking "configuration" for rooting status there is not such option or statement listed. So I have to pay? Is that guy still around? Is it expensive?

thanks

Igggy1984

Mar 27, 2014
help

I folowed tutorial and i got message Bootloader request failed(remote:Your phone is already unlocked) but when i go to Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status - Bootloader unlock allowed -Yes...can somebody help me pls? My phone is xperia play 4.0.2.A.0.69 Sorry for bad language :))

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
I folowed tutorial and i got message Bootloader request failed(remote:Your phone is already unlocked) but when i go to Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status - Bootloader unlock allowed -Yes...can somebody help me pls? My phone is xperia play 4.0.2.A.0.69 Sorry for bad language :))

Uh it's unlocked

Sent from my LG G2 running PAC ROM 4.4.2!

Reactions: Igggy1984

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Ok, thanks.What kernel is the best to install for best game performance? :)

Please read the faq, questions like this are not good and are usually against forum rules, test them your self and decide for your self otherwise it makes developers feel sad or annoyed, also I have left xperia play development so wouldn't even know the answer even if it was allowed

Hope that helps, also xda has a thanks button ;)

Sent from my LG G2 running SlimKat 4.4.2!

conconmon

Apr 18, 2014
why my phone cant check if the bootloader can unlock or not after i dial*#*#7378423#*#*
and when i trying to unlock bootloader and type the bootloader codes it says "waiting for device"

can someone help me? :confused:

xkvegans

Mar 27, 2013
Paris Van Java
why my phone cant check if the bootloader can unlock or not after i dial*#*#7378423#*#*
and when i trying to unlock bootloader and type the bootloader codes it says "waiting for device"

can someone help me? :confused:
I've got some situation,
I've checked already by dialling *#*#7378423#*#*
but there doesn't show or says if boot loader unlock allowed yes or no
as I know my R800at phones manufactured is 11W34
what should I do for unlocking bootloader?

Thanks be4

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20140729_092818.jpg
    IMG_20140729_092818.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 253

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
I've got some situation,
I've checked already by dialling *#*#7378423#*#*
but there doesn't show or says if boot loader unlock allowed yes or no
as I know my R800at phones manufactured is 11W34
what should I do for unlocking bootloader?

Thanks be4

attachment.php
Iirc it's not possible for you to unlock using this method you will need to pay to get it Bootloader unlocked as far as I know.... I No longer support or own this device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE (03th FEB 2013) This will wipe your internal storage (/data) but not your SD Card!
    UPDATE (06th JAN 2013) : VIDEO TUTORIAL ADDED CLICK HERE

UPDATE:
    IF the driver prompt does not show up
    1. Press the windows key + r > and type "devmgmt.msc" and then press enter
    2. Then find some sort of S1 Fastboot or android device in the list.
    3. Right click it and press update driver
    4. Browse > Fastboot and ADB Package > Drviers > X86 or X64 (32bit? or 64bit?) > usbwin > android_usb.inf
    Also make sure you type the IMEI in correctly, if u unsure if it is unlocked or not try flashing a kernel via fastboot

OK so i was looking around for a easy to use guide i could refer someone to and couldn't find one so i decided to create 1.

With this method you wont need to download the android SDK and instead can download a small package of files that i will upload. this saves around 1-2GB of bandwidth.

Firstly we should confirm your phone can be unlocked. To check if your phone can be rooted (most likely if it is not branded to 3, Vodafone etc then it can be)

Go to the phone dialer
    Tap*#*#7378423#*#* then a service menu should pop up,
    Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. if it says boot loader unlock allowed then you are good to go.
    if it says not allowed or no then you will need to pay to have the boot loader unlocked.

Now we need to get your IMEI to do this type in the dialer *#06# another window will appear with your IMEI number write this down somewhere as you will need it later.

OK so now that you know your phone BL can be unlocked we will need to download and extract these files
    Now we can begin. Turn of your phone. once the phone is off press and hold the search button while pluggin in the usb lead. the led at the top of the phone will be lit up BLUE. your computer should prompt you to install drivers for the new device if it does then select 'install manually' and browse to the location of the drivers, depending on your system architecture (X86 or X64) select the appropriate folder it should then install the drivers if you get any prompts about unsinged driver just install any way.
    if something doesn't happen like it is suppose to please reply here or pm me.

Next we need to go to sony ericsson's bootloader unlock site read through to confirm you understand what your doing then click continue.

Click "yes i'm sure"
    YjZCx.png

ok now check both boxes and press i accept

NpdYA.png

now we need to fill in these fields (IMEI is the number you wrote down earlier if it doesn't work remove the last number and try again)
    dkTNg.png

Press submit and you will see your Unlock Key copy it for later.

Finally after installing the drivers we will need to run the software called fastboot now to make it easier for you guys i have included a simple bat file which will load CMD at the correct location. so load run_me.bat and make sure the BLUE LED on your phone is still on. if it is then type this in to the new cmd window.
    Code:
    fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY
    replacing KEY with your key. for example
    Code:
    fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x726802F75671552D

your phone should now be unlocked. check my next guide on how to install custom recoveries, kernels and most importantly Android 4.0 (ICS)

Source: http://cyanlabs.co.uk/tutorials/unlock-play-bootloader
    Nice clear and short guide, and you can see nicely how easy it is for the xperia play to achieve a unlocked bootloader in comparrison to other devices.
    Isn't this supposed to go into the general section though?

Tbh it should prob be in either dev,apps & themes or general! Mod move it if you fell the same

i did a nandroid back up before unlocking my r800i and when im done unlocking i did restored my backup....is my BL still unlocked or it is locked again because of the restoration?....by the way +1 to you for making and effort the noobs...

Still unlocked also please press the thanks button rather than saying thanks :D

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 2
    Cleaned the thread...

Everyone please keep a couple of things in mind
    Everything we do to our devices here on XDA is entirely experimental, and there is ALWAYS a chance that something will get borked, and you'll loose stuff. What really works well for me is when I get ready to do pretty much anything that has something to do with modding, I BACKUP. If you don't, well thats on you.
    Foul language and flaming someone on XDA is not acceptable, period. And also keep in mind that if someone posts abusive/foul language and you Quote it, you posted abusive/foul language too. Please don't respond to it, just report it

Thank you
    Thanks, but sadly mine says BL Unlock: No :/

If I pay for the unlock what happens then? Does somebody do it for me?

Sent from my Xperia™ PLAY using TapatalkHD

hi yes but i cant remember who that is. maybe some1 will comment back on here saying. he is trusted member of XDA who has unlocked loads of peoples but forgot his name :S
    His name is Alejandrissimo, contact him on unlock-bootloader.com to get it unlocked. ;)