[Guide] 2012 WFS CWM/Root

Search This thread

ngoralph

Apr 16, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Intro: People with 2012 WFS reported to have no CWM visuals (i also do)
*NOTE: Even if you DID install this CM based rom wont work only stock based one*
CWM:

1. Unlock bootloader via HTCdev.com (look for guides there are plenty here)
2.Download http://www.mediafire.com/?pqtgftm40909r31 *updated*
3.Extract to C:/
4.Go to fastboot
4.Open Command prompt
5.type cd c:/WFS
6.type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7.wait for flashing to finish
8.Remove battery
9.Go to bootloader
10. click recovery wait for visuals

ROOTING:
*same as other methods*but..
1.move the cursor up then down until you see ( back button enabled)
2.Backup
3.Flash root.zip

Credits to fellow member pashaa for sharing recovery file

*NOTE* Dont blame me if anything happens to your device. I've Warned yah!

If you cant understand or want help post here and i'll try to help you out

ScreenShot of my recovery below

Attachments

• IMG_20121117_160240.jpg
    IMG_20121117_160240.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 2,377
Last edited:

7alvi

Jan 14, 2012
Kanpur, Delhi
i dont get any visuals of black screen..just htc logo...and would you mind telling which cwm recovery version is this?? and will it work ony on this particular recovery?

7alvi

Jan 14, 2012
Kanpur, Delhi
are youu sure you downloaded the recovery file correctly because it works for m
e??? all other recovery doesn't work except for that one
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

no i havent done this right now..i was asking because i tried to do the same procedure with official recovery some days ago..actually its my girlfriend's phone not mine and she is eating my head off because of low memory!!! anyway thanxx..ill try this asap and report back..!!:D

Reactions: ngoralph

sorinaugusto

Jun 20, 2012
Beclean
No,for my phone just Roms based on stock works.I have flashed and was working EQDKP roms,WildChild roms ,Superior sense rom,Kims mod rom.I have tried CM 7 and MIUI but did not work.But I am very interested to try CM roms or MIUI,so if you have any solutions for this please share with us.Thanks again.

nitnit

Sep 5, 2012
cwm

I`m so Happy! It works on my wildfire s 2012! Thank you very, very much for your gift :).

nitnit

Sep 5, 2012
custom

ngoralph, i have one question - Can i flash a custom ROMs or kernels? or can i flash cyanogen any version (may be on stock kernel, if it`s possible?). Answer please, and thanks again!

Last edited:

Uksus17

Sep 18, 2011
Minsk
Can i flash a custom ROMs or kernels? or can i flash cyanogen any version (may be on stock kernel, if it`s possible?).

I can answer this question: it is impossible. There are certain problems in work of this Mod. The first: does'nt making full nandroid backup. The second: does'nt flashing boot.img. It is necessary to develop this program still. But something, already is able: root, interface modding, ect....

Last edited:

Mouseman1463

Feb 18, 2005
Bristol, England, UK
Howdy.

I have flashed this recovery image and for the first time, can boot into recovery and see what I'm meant to see! :) Thanks. Previously (2012 hardware) I just hung on the white HTC logo screen.

Now, if I select backup and restore, press the power button, all the text disappears and I'm left with the central hat image... but nothing much happens. Pressing power again brings me back to the main menu. Same thing with -power off. The top option of reboot system now works just fine.

Any ideas? I'd like to backup my current system before flashing WildChild 3, you know - just in case anything goes wrong!

EDIT: immediate edit. cancel all of the above, I'm just new to recovery (obviously!). I went through the main menu a few times, it told me the back button was now active and away I go - backing up as we speak! Apologies!!! and thanks!

Last edited:

nitnit

Sep 5, 2012
cwm

You must press one time into recovery volume + and several time volume - , while apear "back button is enable" and then such as in any cmw.

Last edited:

ngoralph

Apr 16, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I can answer this question: it is impossible. There are certain problems in work of this Mod. The first: does'nt making full nandroid backup. The second: does'nt flashing boot.img. It is necessary to develop this program still. But something, already is able: root, interface modding, ect....

agree with you here but i dont think anyone is willing and able to work on this recovery.

nitnit

Sep 5, 2012
haven't tried cm roms on stock kernel would anyone here like to try???

i.m using now a custom kernel on my wfs2012 (overclocked 815 MGz) without trouble, but i can`t flash any CM roms because it hapens error Status7 in CWM. I think that this CWM is too old to flash CM ROMs. But we have no any choise :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Intro: People with 2012 WFS reported to have no CWM visuals (i also do)
    *NOTE: Even if you DID install this CM based rom wont work only stock based one*
    CWM:

1. Unlock bootloader via HTCdev.com (look for guides there are plenty here)
    2.Download http://www.mediafire.com/?pqtgftm40909r31 *updated*
    3.Extract to C:/
    4.Go to fastboot
    4.Open Command prompt
    5.type cd c:/WFS
    6.type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    7.wait for flashing to finish
    8.Remove battery
    9.Go to bootloader
    10. click recovery wait for visuals

ROOTING:
    *same as other methods*but..
    1.move the cursor up then down until you see ( back button enabled)
    2.Backup
    3.Flash root.zip

Credits to fellow member pashaa for sharing recovery file

*NOTE* Dont blame me if anything happens to your device. I've Warned yah!

If you cant understand or want help post here and i'll try to help you out

ScreenShot of my recovery below
    Hello!
    This is a modified version of the CWM 2012 WFS.
    Is reserved kernel and ramdisk was added by CWM 5.0.2.8.
    Full backup.
    Recognizes Ext2.
    The menus work.
    10x ngoralph for kernel!

MD5 5D306615797EE3322619814F21C0F41D
    Jelly King 1.2

What is the use with that kernel.. plz clear my doubt. Will it helps me in installing custom roms

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e

Jelly King 1.2 for HTC Wildfire S marvel 2012.

Need install, attached recovery.

Make from CWM:
    - backup and restore -> Backup

- wipe data/factory reset
    - advanced -> wipe dalvik cache
    - mounts and storage -> format boot
    - mounts and storage -> format system

- install zip from sdcard -> chooze zip from sdcard -> jelly king v1.2+stock keyboard.s.zip

Credits:
    kantry123
    Isset
    thank you .i tried but in recovery when i press install zip from sdcard it only shows that logo hat which is on the background of menu and nothing else.

Try this Recovery.
    I still fail STATUS 7?:confused:

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

I have installed the new recovery but the screen is black:confused:
    I have restored the old recovery
    You need download zip Jelly King again and install new kernel.

Thanks bro its working now ....:eek:

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

I have two htc 2012 wfs. one is mine & other is my friends.. When i tried to install jelly king V1.2 @ur post 54 . It worked properly one and i got jelly king ROM on my phone . But when i tried to install that rom on my friends phone , after the installation procedure when i reeboted ,mobile strucks at white HTC logo... Later after trying different different methods, I CAME TO KNOW THAT AT FIRST MY PHONE WAS HAVING WHITE HTC LOGO RECOVERY PROBLEM . BUT MY FRIEND PHONE HAS BLACK SCREEN RECOVERY PROBLEM. I came to know this by flashing official cwm recovery files . Now what do i do now to solve this problem on my friends phone..... Do i need to change any kernel files to make it work on my friends phone . Pls help me

In this thread #33 is new kernel and instruction.