GALAXY S II PLUS ROOTING AND CWM
-As usual, a brain
Rooting will increase your binary counter.
A) CWM (Thank you k2wl!!)
- Download k2wl's CWM here.
- Make sure you have Odin installed and Kies NOT running.
- Boot your phone into Download mode by pressing: Vol.Down + Home + Power buttons all together.
- Open Odin as an administrator.
- Connect to PC using a USB cable.
- Odin should show COM:X (X could be anything) on the left side which means your device is recognized.
- Click on PDA and look for the file you downloaded (CWM file, should be named cwm_s2vep_k2wl.tar, or something along those lines) and choose it.
- When Odin says Leave CS, press Start and wait, shouldn't take longer than 1-2 minutes.
- Download this file, and this file.
- Place them both in your internal or external SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery with the following combination: Vol.Up + Home + Power buttons all together.
- Choose install zip from sd card, and choose external or internal, depending on where you put the root zip file in.
- Flash the root zip "UPDATE-SuperSU.zip"
- Flash "cwm-permanentor.zip"
UNROOTING AND REVERTING TO STOCK STATE:
Alright so, if you would like to unroot your phone and send it to warranty or sell it... Do the following.
- Download Triangle Away by Chainfire from here.
- Install it and use it to reset the binary counter.
- Download the latest stock firmware for your device, make sure it's on the form of XX**** (e.g. XXAMC2). Non XX firmwares are fishy, and tend to brick devices sometimes. So get the latest firmware from live.samsung-updates.com. Always remember to choose the fimware with YOUR EXACT DEVICE MODEL.
- Extract the .zip file from the download to attain a .tar.md5 fie.
- Flash it using Odin.
- After the firmware has flashed and the device reboots, delete root-related apps like Superuser (might or might not be there), and such.