Mar 1, 2013
Pandaville
GALAXY S II PLUS ROOTING AND CWM

PREREQUISITES:
-An I9105/P
-Odin3
-As usual, a brain

NOTE:

Rooting will increase your binary counter.

ROOTING:

A) CWM (Thank you k2wl!!)

1. Download k2wl's CWM here.
  2. Make sure you have Odin installed and Kies NOT running.
  3. Boot your phone into Download mode by pressing: Vol.Down + Home + Power buttons all together.
  4. Open Odin as an administrator.
  5. Connect to PC using a USB cable.
  6. Odin should show COM:X (X could be anything) on the left side which means your device is recognized.
  7. Click on PDA and look for the file you downloaded (CWM file, should be named cwm_s2vep_k2wl.tar, or something along those lines) and choose it.
  8. When Odin says Leave CS, press Start and wait, shouldn't take longer than 1-2 minutes.
Quick Note: This is not tested for I9105, but it theoretically should work.

B) Rooting

1. Download this file, and this file.
  2. Place them both in your internal or external SD card.
  3. Now reboot into recovery with the following combination: Vol.Up + Home + Power buttons all together.
  4. Choose install zip from sd card, and choose external or internal, depending on where you put the root zip file in.
  5. Flash the root zip "UPDATE-SuperSU.zip"
  6. Flash "cwm-permanentor.zip"
  7. Reboot
Done, you are now rooted! ;)

UNROOTING AND REVERTING TO STOCK STATE:

Alright so, if you would like to unroot your phone and send it to warranty or sell it... Do the following.

1. Download Triangle Away by Chainfire from here.
  2. Install it and use it to reset the binary counter.
  3. Download the latest stock firmware for your device, make sure it's on the form of XX**** (e.g. XXAMC2). Non XX firmwares are fishy, and tend to brick devices sometimes. So get the latest firmware from live.samsung-updates.com. Always remember to choose the fimware with YOUR EXACT DEVICE MODEL.
  4. Extract the .zip file from the download to attain a .tar.md5 fie.
  5. Flash it using Odin.
  6. After the firmware has flashed and the device reboots, delete root-related apps like Superuser (might or might not be there), and such.
Done, you are now back to stock state ;)

Last edited:

prakharjin20

Jan 15, 2013
which one wil work for gt-9105 please copy paste the process from above... very confused with above post :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9105 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

panda00

Mar 1, 2013
Pandaville
Help needed
Odin can't detect my phone... :(

Sent from my GT-India 9105 using xda app-developers app

Do you see a COM:## sign on the left? Where ## is any number (the port in which you connected your phone). If yes then proceed normally as instructed in the OP. If not then try connectimg your phone to Kies software. It should download the S2 Plus USB drivers then. If that doesn't work try a different USB cable. If that doesn't work either try a different computer. Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9105P

prakharjin20

Jan 15, 2013
Its written id:com
Nd will try on other pc thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9105 using xda app-developers app

Koldas7

Jul 13, 2012
Help please.

Okey, i fallow the instruction and when i flash custom kernel i restart phone and try to get in "custom recovery" but it only loads official andriod recovery mode , can any one help me? Thanks.

panda00

Mar 1, 2013
Pandaville
Okey, i fallow the instruction and when i flash custom kernel i restart phone and try to get in "custom recovery" but it only loads official andriod recovery mode , can any one help me? Thanks.

Reflash C but this time untick auto reboot. After odin says reset... boot into recovery straight from download mode using the key combination for recovery

Sent from my GT-I9105P

Reactions: calutzu

Anthony V

Jun 11, 2011
Antwerp
stock recovery

The first time CWM always works but then if I try it again, it has jumped back to stock recovery. I also tried it with auto boot unchecked.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GALAXY S II PLUS ROOTING AND CWM

PREREQUISITES:
    -An I9105/P
    -Odin3
    -As usual, a brain

NOTE:

Rooting will increase your binary counter.

ROOTING:

A) CWM (Thank you k2wl!!)

1. Download k2wl's CWM here.
    2. Make sure you have Odin installed and Kies NOT running.
    3. Boot your phone into Download mode by pressing: Vol.Down + Home + Power buttons all together.
    4. Open Odin as an administrator.
    5. Connect to PC using a USB cable.
    6. Odin should show COM:X (X could be anything) on the left side which means your device is recognized.
    7. Click on PDA and look for the file you downloaded (CWM file, should be named cwm_s2vep_k2wl.tar, or something along those lines) and choose it.
    8. When Odin says Leave CS, press Start and wait, shouldn't take longer than 1-2 minutes.
    Quick Note: This is not tested for I9105, but it theoretically should work.

B) Rooting

1. Download this file, and this file.
    2. Place them both in your internal or external SD card.
    3. Now reboot into recovery with the following combination: Vol.Up + Home + Power buttons all together.
    4. Choose install zip from sd card, and choose external or internal, depending on where you put the root zip file in.
    5. Flash the root zip "UPDATE-SuperSU.zip"
    6. Flash "cwm-permanentor.zip"
    7. Reboot
    Done, you are now rooted! ;)

UNROOTING AND REVERTING TO STOCK STATE:

Alright so, if you would like to unroot your phone and send it to warranty or sell it... Do the following.

1. Download Triangle Away by Chainfire from here.
    2. Install it and use it to reset the binary counter.
    3. Download the latest stock firmware for your device, make sure it's on the form of XX**** (e.g. XXAMC2). Non XX firmwares are fishy, and tend to brick devices sometimes. So get the latest firmware from live.samsung-updates.com. Always remember to choose the fimware with YOUR EXACT DEVICE MODEL.
    4. Extract the .zip file from the download to attain a .tar.md5 fie.
    5. Flash it using Odin.
    6. After the firmware has flashed and the device reboots, delete root-related apps like Superuser (might or might not be there), and such.
    Done, you are now back to stock state ;)

If you don't flash cwm perminator. Your cwm will disappear the next time u boot into recovery mode

Sent from my GT-i9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Only 4.1.2.
    4.2.2 doesn't need that zip to make it stay

Sent from my GT-i9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Reserved

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
    Thanks a Lott Panda for this you are Awesome!!!, will this work on latest firmware like I9105DDAMC2 I9105ODDAMC1.

Thanks,
    Nitin Aswani

Yes it should!
    Im planning to root GT-I9150 (first timer)
    but the second file on rooting instructions
    is not found (page not found)
    is there any links??

may i ask questions on each steps on rooting guidelines
    B) Rooting

3 Now reboot into recovery with the following combination: Vol.Up + Home + Power buttons all together.
    (should the cwm recovery would appear???)

4 Choose install zip from sd card, and choose external or internal, depending on where you put the root zip file in.
    (what is root zip?? is that the second file that i need to download??)

5 Flash the root zip "UPDATE-SuperSU.zip"
    (do i need to connect it again on pc and flash it using odin??)
    6 Flash "cwm-permanentor.zip"
    (same question on step 5)

sorry for noob questions..

first of all,i believe u need 4.2.2 root files,since this is for 4.1.2(cause u just upgrade to 4.2.2 i believe)
    1.if you flash cwm(4.2.2 version),pressing vol up +power+menu should take you to cwm
    2.yes,root file is the file you download on this or other thread,small file around 1-5mb
    3.if you have cmw flashed already,you can flash root file(UPDATE-SuperSU.zip) in the cwm menu itself
    4. cwm file are tar file that enable you to have cwm at first place,this should be done before root itself. the method of flashing cwm is the same as you flashing firmware.
    i suggest you go to here,download the cwm file(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2441671) and flash cwm (same way u flash ur firmware using odin),then grab a root file and put it to ur internal/sd memory from me