• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] 8T OOS to ColorOS [All Variants]

Search This thread

baddi_smew

Aug 15, 2015
Benghazi
My device is Chinese version KB2000
And I'm on Android 11 beta 5 global
I never unlock the bootloader..
Is this need bootloader to be unlocked? And do I need a specific version of Oxygen os to to do these steps or I could do it directly from ob 5??
Please help?

baddi_smew

Aug 15, 2015
Benghazi
I have windows 7 and I installed qualcomm drivers.. my device is not unlocked when do vol up + vol down and hold it for 10 sec. then plug the usb cable msm didnt read my phone its like not connected???

ric_vdl

Oct 21, 2020
OnePlus 8T
Hi all!
I'm really curious to try color os on my oneplus 8t, do you know if there is any chance to select the Italian language in color os or if there is any possibility to translate the ui?
Thanks 😊

Swagot

Feb 6, 2021
I installed color os on my oneplus 8t kebab mow im trying to go oxygen os my device bricked in msm tool im getting automatic detection of ddr error. Kindly help me thanks

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Yeah this isn't working for TMO model, tried a bunch of times and I have the right Qualcomm drivers installed as I've msm my way back from a few other ROMs. Getting a device mismatch error. Maybe someone that successfully installed can rip a copy of the ROM into fastboot imgs or even a zip with a payload.bin?

Going to try and go global and then coloros. But I'm wondering if anyone that's had consistent problems with their 4g/5g cellular connection saw improvement on this ROM.

So this is straight ColorOS it's not the new version of OxygenOS that we'll be able to upgrade to that's just a skin over the top of ColorOS/RealmeUi that the Nord 2 comes with and that eventually all OOS ROMs will become... Wonder if @ProtoDeVNan0 could port that Nord 2 ROM to the 8 series for us?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit: OnePlus officially confirmed that there is no new update A11 ColorOS for 8 series. A12 of the 8 series canceled HOS12 and changed to ColorOS 12. and Color OS stable version of the 8 series is directly ColorOS 12 (based on A12). Release time of Color 12 of the 8 series is currently only officially stated in 2022, there is no specific date.

It's ALPHA Build, so it can be buggy !
    Requirements
    If you are coming from non chinese variant , first switch to hos then flash color os with msm

STEPS
    1. Disconnect phone from pc and turn of phone.
    2. Open MSM file and choose H2 from Target section (It's important!)
    3. Press Volume up + down then plug the cable
    4. Press start button from msm
    Repeat this step for oos to hos switch and hos to coloros switch

Tested on KB2003,KB2000,KB2001

For Debloat without root

• Enable USB Debugging ( Settings > About phone > Baseband & Kernel > Tap 10 times on Build number than go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging
    • Download latest platform-tools in here
    • Move "8T-COSdebloater.bat" file to platform tools folder
    • Connect phone via usb cable and allow usb debugging
    • Click and run 8T-COSdebloater.bat

Other informations
    • Bootloader can be unlocked
    • Widevine Status L1 either bl locked or unlocked
    • Can be rooted but safetynet fails , fod doesnt work
    1.PNG
    Theres no german language
    When I want go back from ColorOS, is the same as before first flash hydrogen via MSN after that Oxygen via MSN or can I flash Oxygen directly 🤔
    When I want go back from ColorOS, is the same as before first flash hydrogen via MSN after that Oxygen via MSN or can I flash Oxygen directly 🤔
    This is a totally unnecessary step that OP has mentioned in the first post. You can just use MSM tool to go from Oxygen OS to Colour OS , flashing hydrogen OS first doesn't do anything as Colour OS MSM tool has all the necessary files to flash colour OS
    and do you know where we can see which is the latest version for our 8t?
    I use the internet for search and this file here in the thread is the first version for our 8T, and I think when a new version is available the thread owner will post the new version 👍🏿😀
    no L1 if bootloader locked.

of course
    its locked, but it seem l3 on Netflix.