- Dec 9, 2014
As we all know, camera quality on non-MIUI custom ROMs is unfortunately subpar. But the Google Camera app ported by developers help alleviate this issue by improving image quality. You can learn more about it here.
Android 9 and 10 ROMs. Might work with <9.0 ROMs but I can't confirm.
1. Check if camera2api is already enabled (Most Pie/10 ROMs already have this feature enabled by default). You can use the Manual Camera Compatibility app (link). If all are green, you can skip step 2. If it's red, contine to the next step.
2. Enable camera2api. There are two ways to do this: manually adding a line in build.prop or by flashing a Magisk module. (link)
3. Download the app. These versions from these devs I can confirm working on the ROM (If you do find other versions that work, please do reply here):
• What's the difference?
• Features that don't work or buggy:
- Slow Motion (use Nokia Camera instead)
- Dark video recording (may depend on ROM/use Camera Go)
- Android 10: Progress at notification bar may get stuck at 100% but it will still save after some time (try restarting the app/updating ROM to latest version)
• FAQ's and Troubleshooting Tips